General C++ Programming - August 2012 (Page 5)

ifstream (1,2)

can someone tell me why this isnt working? a little bit of background to help. i am making a sort of language thats interpreted, not compiled down to source; h...
[22 replies] Last: +1 coder777 I presented working code so you could play around with it... (by kbw)
by iantac
tellg() and seekg()????

I have a text file which has a size of 18 bytes. The text file contains ABCDEFG HIJ KLMN I was wondering why it has 18 bytes instead of 17? I tried to create...
[6 replies] Last: tellg() shows the real position, but in text mode the line endings are... (by coder777)
Using OpenGL with Qt

I am currently looking into developing some games in C++, and OpenGL seems to have a great library and API for making games. Currently, I am using the Qt Creato...
[4 replies] Last: You might want to read these articles regarding the use of Qt in a vid... (by NGen)
Qt = cpp ????

Hi guys, I`ve once asked what you would have to do, if you wanted to do programming, where you also do the visual programming. The tipps have been: Try QT. I...
[1 reply] : You probably haven't learned C++ just C. And yes QT is really C++. Jus... (by coder777)
please help :)!!

Im seriously new to C++ and any programming language. I do software design as a subject at school. I have an assignment where I have to write a tic tac toe game...
[1 reply] : Sorry to say that, but this has not much to do with C/C++. - each lin... (by coder777)
multiple target patterns (c++)

$(BIN): $(OBJ) ---------->[Build Error]***multiple target patterns what can ı do to solve this compile error?
[no replies]
by Cearl
quick question

hello everyone! So i have a quick question, i'm currently working on a game and i'm trying to build a grid that displays my character as a @ and the rest of ...
[1 reply] : Use a media library such as SFML: http://www.sfml-dev.org/ or SDL: ht... (by BlackSheep)
One-Dimension Array

Help me out, my professor gave us this problem, I can't figure it out. And I also do not have a C++ program in my PC because it's too low-tech and no internet. ...
[3 replies] Last: Our professor said to follow this format... Can you create a version o... (by chrstian)
by minht
Calculations not working right?

can you guys help me figure out why my program is putting out negative numbers? here is the program ..... //Knitting for fun #include <stdio.h> //con...
[2 replies] Last: thanks for the input , i change it around and seems to works better ..... (by minht)
by beakie
Structs - is it possible>?

Hi, I need to create a struct to hold an array of values. I would normally do this... struct myList { int myvalues ; } and populate it l...
[10 replies] Last: thanks (by beakie)
OpenGL Texture Mapping

I'm trying to apply a texture to a square (just for practice). I made an image loader, and I don't think that it's right at all... I just need to know what I'...
[5 replies] Last: There are several problems: 1) You need to bind the texture before yo... (by NGen)
by tition
template problem linker, can it be a bug?

Hi all, I am using gcc 4.6.3 on Ubuntu with standard settings. I have the following program, which compiles just fine, but fails to link: [Edit:] Minifie...
[5 replies] Last: http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=54235 The bug just got co... (by tition)
Reading integers from a data file, and using the integers in formulas

hi i am relatively new to this and i have to create a least square fit program which will read x and y values from a data file (XandY.txt), there is 20 x and y ...
[1 reply] : my file looks like this if it helps x y 4 1 5 2 8 5 9 4 11 7 14 8 15 1... (by mcurley104)
Reading to end of text file and displaying line count

SO i am trying to write a program that asks the user for input and then opens a file that is of that input name... My program attempts to read the file and then...
[3 replies] Last: eof activates when you try to read but you are at the end of the fil... (by ne555)
How to reset preferences in Turbo C++ IDE?

Okay, So I was trying to customize the background color for the editor in Turbo C++ IDE by going through "Options-> Environment-> Colors-> Edit Windows" and I ...
[12 replies] Last: so why bother? Because when you apply for a job on the basis that yo... (by Moschops)
ntfs

if (FileRecord->Ntfs.Type == 'ELIF' && (FileRecord->Flags & 1) == 0) what does "ELIF" means?
[2 replies] Last: thanks for your help (by spy man)
by Cagdas
modifying the char*

hi everyone here is the code char* a = "aaa"; *a++ = 'd'; // run time error occurs but no compiler error!! could you describe why i can't cha...
[5 replies] Last: i get it now.. thank you again guys!! i'll mark it solved (by Cagdas)
Unexpected Output in program ?!?!

[I know my code is not neat , but you needn't go logically through all , i promise] I wanted to print out number at position 'k' of vector numb when user enters...
[15 replies] Last: ¿Replies to what? ¿what did you change? I suppose that you misunders... (by ne555)
by nick92
help of this program

hi i want help for explain of this program you are reuired to write two functions which,given two values for the width and height of rectsangle ,would output ...
[3 replies] Last: thanks for the answer. (by nick92)
by xzbit
Windows Forms Control Library

hi im very new to this,, what is a Windows Forms Control Library ?? i noticed that you can create winform controls in it, similar to windows forms applicatio...
[no replies]
August 2012 Pages: 1... 34567... 31
  Archived months: [jul2012] [sep2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.