General C++ Programming - July 2012

Nested Structures/Unions defined in C/C++ header files conversion to XML

I have a structure represented as follows: (Example) struct struct3 { struct structchild4 { float child5; } child6; unsigned int c...
[no replies]
C++ errors?

I want to learn programming, and landed at C++ I'm very new at coding, but my problem lies at the start of it all - Getting it to work. http://postimage...
[3 replies] Last: Not only do I feel stupid for that mistake, but cause it now works, I ... (by Mikaachu)
undefined reference to vtable

I am trying to create a blackjack simulation. There are two Player subclasses (SimplePlayer and CountingPlayer), derived from an abstract base class Player. ...
[4 replies] Last: Are you limited to the two subclasses only in the hierarchy? Meaning,... (by clanmjc)
Open GL with Visual C++ 2010

I have problem with doing the graphic- OpenGL, can give some advices as I could not proceed to test other graphics #include <windows.h> ...
[3 replies] Last: I am getting know where. Possible to help with the creation of polygon... (by tuanann)
by MRRITE
Operator Precedence

Hi everyone. I've some questions about Operator Precedence. 1. What is value of this code. int a = 3, result; result = ++a + ++a; when i test this code in...
[13 replies] Last: Very good Cubbi. I now understand it, but could you explain your reply... (by MRRITE)
maze program rewrite, need help

ok i have a amazing.cpp which works, one must load a file from CMD prompt and have a txt file with a saved maze. the purpose of this program is to read in a maz...
[1 reply] : If you want to do this with recursion, consider the following: A cell... (by AbstractionAnon)
MySQL: Connector/C++

Hello people, I want my programm to work with MySQL. I've downloaded the 3rd package from this website: http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/cpp/1.0.ht...
[no replies]
by sakthi
Getting problem in char* dynamic memory allocation

I am using Visual C++ 6.0. When I am trying to allocate memory dynamically for a char*, it is not allocated correctly. For example: //Example Code char* c...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for the explanation. (by sakthi)
C++ dllimport works correctly in windows xp but not in windows 7???

Hi there all, We have a web application that generated with visual studio - C sharp, just loaded into IIS. In some part of that application we import a C++ d...
[8 replies] Last: Thank you webjose will look for it... (by symeramon)
This may be a tough one to answer

This is code that I'm working on for a VST audio plugin. Incase people don't know, it's compiled as a .dll and loaded in a host application. WavPlayer is the cl...
[12 replies] Last: Ah yes, because the way I currently have it, it will wait until offset... (by LittleStudios)
Program Structure

Hello, Im a novice to programming. I just wanted to know if anyone could direct me to a site with fairly simple c++ programs that I would be able to get into an...
[3 replies] Last: He wanted to see structure, so I thought having a function besides mai... (by hanst99)
by srbbff
Method for a class with matrices

Hi all, I am new in this forum and a novice in c++ programming in general, so please bear with me if my question seems stupid or my information is incomplete...
[5 replies] Last: The intention is to create a matrix with n rows (hence the outer for-l... (by srbbff)
by sprb
calling CUDA API using C

i want to call a cuda API NVGetHWEncodeCaps and write my code in visual studio 2008 and have these error,can u help me? I add the library and header file. code:...
[no replies]
Don't understand implementation of linked lists for stacks

I am having a hard time understanding the C implementation of a linked list for a stack. From what I understand, a linked list is a data type where the fist mem...
[3 replies] Last: STACK **head is a pointer to a pointer to the top of the stack. STACK... (by Peter87)
First time library - simple file - does not name a type error

Okay so I'm writing a simple program - so far with just 1 header and 1 .cpp file to go with it. I'm getting strange errors saying that my struct hasn't been re...
[3 replies] Last: Well, in C++, if you're going to inherit from an object, that objec ty... (by Moschops)
Recursive function to reverse an array

Wish to know how to reverse an array recursively. My code is definitely a mess. Best if a solution is pass by pointers as my main program too. #include <i...
[9 replies] Last: Thanks for every answers given. Like what I said my code is a mess tha... (by deathmoon)
My compltete Binary tree

Hello My program's supposed to produce a compltete Binary tree whose preorder traversal is SBDHEJKTFG;But it doesn't work.Why? Program: #include <ios...
[8 replies] Last: corrected the problem.Thank you (by hooshdar3)
Neural book implement C++

Hi, I've bought a book about programming neural networks in C#. I'm used to C++, but I thought that it would be easy to translate then in my native language, a...
[10 replies] Last: I won't say any more than this because I'm not sure what the rules are... (by Zephilinox)
by billyb
I/O Code

Hello, I have created the following program: #include <stdio.h> #include <stdafx.h> int main() { FILE * pFile; char mystring ; pFile = fopen ("e...
[14 replies] Last: he returned an int instead of a char, the type before the function nam... (by Zephilinox)
Adding a class object into a linked list

I seem to be stuck on these at the moment. Could someone help explain a function that adds an item into a linked list? Thanks!
[3 replies] Last: Remember your list is limited to only one data type. With std::list, ... (by naraku9333)
July 2012 Pages: 123... 30
  Archived months: [jun2012] [aug2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.