General C++ Programming - July 2012 (Page 3)

by ndrew
I/O ouput code

HEY am having some trouble. I'm writing a stoplight controller program and the problem that am having is that during the execution at any random time must accep...
[3 replies] Last: you can use the Ctrl+Z character on Windows to signal something like a... (by ToniAz)
Help with char*!

Hi! I'm having some trouble with char pointers, arrays and all that stuff. I wrote a simple programme which should let me know every time it finds a letter 'a'...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks, AbstractionAnon! I just replaced the Get function with this: ... (by chrishans)
Refresh Terminal while waiting for user input

Hello, Im trying to write a program that can display the status of the threads that are running and update when something changes while still waiting for user...
[4 replies] Last: Hmmm maybe _kbhit() could do it. If it returns true then u can cancel... (by soranz)
Another attempt, simplified my question

This another attempt at understanding memory allocation and pointers. So here goes. I've created this simple program. It creates a pointer to an array of pointe...
[15 replies] Last: I found the error!! In Math.h I declared int** ptr3; . Then in Math.c... (by LittleStudios)
by xDJ23x
Program not compiling.

I don't understand why this program will not compile. I know the program is kind of long but I would really appreciate any help. I am not very advanced in C++ s...
[8 replies] Last: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Include_guard This will go a lot faster ... (by Moschops)
by ostar2
salt encryption with libopenssl

Hi, I need help with a file I want to decrypt/encrypt with the salt encryption algorithm. I want to do using the open openssl library. However, I do not know wh...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks, I will try it. (by ostar2)
Variable in name

hi im making blackjack in c++ and i was wondering if it is possible to put a variable in the name of a picture box for example: i = 1; pictureBox ->Load(2c...
[8 replies] Last: You all understood it very wrong! He meant this: pictureBox ->Load(/*... (by viliml)
i m not able to do this question...

a) Create a class[class CStest] of which only a single object can be made. In the class make three private member functions with same signature(function names -...
[9 replies] Last: That doesn't demonstrate a pointer to a member function. (by kbw)
by cniper
member of class inaccessible

i am writing a program where i have to print float array. here is my header file: #ifndef FLOAT ARRAY_H #define FLOAT ARRAY_H class floatArray { friend s...
[8 replies] Last: yes compiler did posted more errors!! but as you and Peter87 said incl... (by cniper)
by takzee
Error generating header .

#ifndef transaction_h #define transaction_h #include <string> #include "List.h" #include "Node.h" #include "readfile.h" using namespace std; class transacti...
[1 reply] : Some how when I delete the readfile.h in readtransacton_h everything i... (by takzee)
in Visual C++.Switch forms.

hi, I switch from Form1 to Form2 by the following code: in Form1: #pragma once #include "Form2.h" . . private: System::Void button1_Click(System::Ob...
[no replies]
c++ plugins need help

hello to all i am looking to add picture in the plugins i an add a text but i cannot add a photo picture image to it is there any one can help me this is a part...
[no replies]
Need help with Array Program

I am creating a program where I generate 20 random #'s 1-10 and place into an array. Then I generate 1 extra random number and search through the array and coun...
[16 replies] Last: #include <cstdlib> #include <cstdio> #include <iostream> #include <ct... (by Locke)
Undefined reference to member in custom class

I attempted to compile the following code using g++ and I got the following error: $ g++ test.cpp /tmp/ccjE1ooy.o: In function `A::A()': test.cpp:(.text._...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks vlad, I forgot that I had to define it outside of the class. (by Squirrel96)
problem with binary search tree delete implementation

i'm having a problem implementing a binary search tree delete operation. my logic for the deleteNode operation is this: if value to delete is greater than...
[no replies]
Open Google then open search result

I'm a newbie to programming. I need to open google, have it return a search result for "Glasses" then open the third result. I was using this code to open the b...
[1 reply] : http://goo.gl/JpAaD (by Nexius)
C++ decompiler

Hello all, Just curious if there is something like a de-compiler for C++. For example it takes something like the .exe or a .dll and it "reverse compiles" it b...
[2 replies] Last: i have just come across this program called "boomerang". http://boome... (by Erasermaster)
i not able to rectify the error..........

#include<iostream.h> #include<conio.h> #include<stdlib.h> #include<ctype.h> #include<stdio.h> struct tm { char day ,month ,year ; char hrs ,min ,sec ...
[8 replies] Last: that's okay. bt can u help me rectifying the problem i mentioned. (by nishu3210)
Error Trapping

Windows 7, Visual Studio 2010: Simple program to add two numbers (haven't coded in a while!): #include "stdafx.h"; #include<iostream>;#include<math>; usin...
[1 reply] : http://v2.cplusplus.com/forum/general/58652/ (by soranz)
by apos
primary-expression error

1 #include <stdio.h> 2 #include <stdlib.h> 3 #include <string.h> 4 #include <sys/ioctl.h> 5 #include <sys/time.h> 6 7 #define BS (32*1024) ...
[9 replies] Last: Yes but it'd be ideal if it compiled for u too :p It worked under VS 2... (by soranz)
July 2012 Pages: 12345... 30
  Archived months: [jun2012] [aug2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.