General C++ Programming - August 2014 (Page 5)

by dev05
Array with both numbers and alphabet (1,2)

Hi everyone I am a student who is totally new with programming. I am unable to create an array which has to content elements(1E, 2E, 3E, 4E). I tried using char...
[27 replies] Last: Can i see your full code? Don't ask that. Seeing too much code lead... (by keskiverto)
Do not understand anymore need help.

Elimination is a one-player game. The board consists of a set of 12 tiles, number 1 through 12. The player rolls a pair of dice and removes tile based on the nu...
[1 reply] : You might get some ideas from http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/1... (by keskiverto)
Reason for unhandled exception for given code

Hello, Background: I have written a piece of code for reading numbers (line by line) in a file and looping over n number of files in my dir. With each...
[2 replies] Last: Oh my goodness....how stupid of me..... int rowA = 0 and int colA ... (by akothidar)
what libraries should i use for GUI and Graphics

hey everyone. i'd like your opinions on this topic. i've worked with codeblocks and sfml before, but now i would like to learn and implement either qt or wxwidg...
[no replies]
confusing about the additional operations, how to design it ?

You are required to write a program for a Used Car Dealer company. In the system you need to maintain the cars’ inventory and details. Each car in the compa...
[2 replies] Last: void Remove_existing_car_account(int &Num_car_system, string Car ) { ... (by assasi123)
understanding loop logic

Why this code is not working? I want to read in tagless all characters except the tags #include<iostream> #include<cstring> using namespace std; void p...
[8 replies] Last: ohhh! (by csstudent123)
Binary file space allocation

If every record of a binary file is to be fixed length then shouldn't some space be wasted if variables are different size in a struct?
[7 replies] Last: thanks guys (by csstudent123)
Determine poker hands

Hi there I am developing an iOS application to determine poker hands. At the moment my app lets the user pick 5 cards of their choice and my program outputs the...
[5 replies] Last: @ Grey Wolf : Thank you for ID'ing the syntax! I was losing my mind o... (by Computergeek01)
Help: Card Application IOS

Hi there I'm creating a IOS application where the user selects 5 cards defined using NSArray arrayWithObjects (52 cards). Basically I am struggling to get the c...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/141251/#msg746075 (by giblit)
MIDI beat clock time in ms?

Afaik 24 of them are used per quarter note. How do I know how long a quarter note lasts (in ms/us)? I can't find anything in the GM specification (using it for ...
[no replies]
by fafner
QT License

Hi, I've used Qt to build a GUI for a project, and I want to make the repository for it open so people can look at and download my code. Do I have to include...
[7 replies] Last: Thanks for your answers :) Just to be on the safe side I might make a ... (by fafner)
functions variables

why i can do: classname(std::function<voi(...)> func)//class construtor\function parameter but not: std::function<voi(...)> func;//variable name ???...
[10 replies] Last: sorry, but i will continue with my macro. i understand that you will a... (by Cambalinho)
SFML help

I have this game i am working on and the bullet on screen is having a small error. It shoots one bullet at a time, and when the ships y coordinates are over 20...
[2 replies] Last: i was trying to multiply the position of the bullet and it got closer ... (by Masterassassin1398)
VGA resolution limit with 1bpp mono graphics modes?

What is the limit of a VGA with 256k VRAM, running 1bpp monochrome graphics? How high can the display resolution go?
[3 replies] Last: Superfury looks like he already has the specs on the graphics card, ... (by Computergeek01)
Passing by reference with templates

Hi! Could someone tell me why wouldn't this code compile when adding '<double>' after the function call? template<class T> T add(T& a, T& b){ return ...
[2 replies] Last: Oh ok. So that's why it accepts the int on line 7 if the variables a... (by antirsi96)
by soranz
reading settings file

Hi, I'm trying to make a basic settings text file and I'm wondering why pos_y = strAxisData.find(",", pos_x, strAxisData.length()); returns std::string::npo...
[1 reply] : [quote=soranz][...] I'm wondering why pos_y = strAxisData.find(",", ... (by LB)
by zolo
how does std::stod work

Hi, I am trying to convert multiple lines of strings to double with std::stod I used the code found on the website: #include <iostream> #include <sst...
[2 replies] Last: thank you! I figured out that something totally different is wrong wit... (by zolo)
Need help with guessing game.

Hey guys, I'm making the "guess my number" game most of you have probably seen before. I am trying to get the computer to remember all previous guesses its a...
[2 replies] Last: You could use a vector of integers, then push back every cpu guess, th... (by Aceix)
read function

why and when we need to use this form var.read((char*)&x, size)...
[1 reply] : When you're about to do something wrong... It reads binary data direct... (by coder777)
by geng07
Parsing Data from text file

Requirements in filtering the text file. GRATEFUL TO HAVE YOUR SUGGESTIONS 1. first my professor required me NOT to change the MAIN function(because he made ...
[1 reply] : Please, do not double-post. The first thread should be enough: http://... (by keskiverto)
August 2014 Pages: 1... 34567... 25
  Archived months: [jul2014] [sep2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.