General C++ Programming - December 2012 (Page 35)

help with minor blackjack program

greetings i've got a problem with my program, when the winner is announced, it says that both players have won, and i can't figure out why. here's the cod...
[2 replies] Last: hi, that wasn't the problem, but i managed to figure it out, thanks an... (by random132)
by ktm
How to use a command line inside a header file ?

I am designing a music synthesizer in c++ using classes. I have to read a .csv file containing freq, amp and duration from inside a header file and it should ...
[3 replies] Last: I think you need to speak to your professor and get him to explain wha... (by ajh32)
using VC++ dll in C++

I am trying to use a class (and run) from a dll from a software vendor. I believe the original code was written in VC++. Is it possible for me to write a c++ co...
[1 reply] : what do you think what VC++ is? (by coder777)
by Aryzel
Strange problem with extern "C" (not the usual one)

We have a program with some c and c++ in it and have come across some strange effects. I'll go through the whole thing to make it as clear as possible as extern...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks Peter, that could be related, but is not very clearly worded (t... (by Aryzel)
by xzki
Closed

Closed
[3 replies] Last: im assuming you are both in the same class http://www.cplusplus.com/fo... (by jumperkid400)
Question objective

Hashing involves finding a function f(k) which converts the key (k) into a numeric value which can be used as an index into an array. Which of the following is ...
[2 replies] Last: because all array is like reference & . so i think that array is alrea... (by Felicia123)
Container to store Different Object Types

I was wandering if I could get the opinion of someone who might know which is the best container from the STL to use that meets the following requirements: 1...
[4 replies] Last: The Wiki page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Run-time_type_information ... (by martianxx)
by ftball
How to use same object in multiple modules?

Hello. I'm quite new to programming and for a few days I was trying to figure out how could I use an object I created in, for instance, main.cpp in other module...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks a lot. But I think I might be back with some more questions. (by ftball)
expected initializer

Hello, I receive the error "expected initializer" at row getX and getY of Point.cpp file. Please, can you help me out finding the error? Thank you in advance ...
[2 replies] Last: Dear Zhuge, Mistakenly, I've posted the code of Poin.h twice, you need... (by puntino)
by TTT
Edge Detection

Hi all, can anyone give filter for face edge detecting??? I really need it. Thanks for your time.
[1 reply] : check out the opencv library (by Darkmaster)
by game
Ordering txt file consistently

I have an input data from Upstream calculation. A punch of triangles not arranged in a sequence. Well I would like to divide them into different regions using ...
[5 replies] Last: you can either sort the output before you write to the files or you ne... (by Darkmaster)
by xzki
Fatal Error Issue

Hey Guys, First of all thanks for looking, basically I'm getting a fatal error from the code below and essentially what I need is to know what is needed to fix ...
[14 replies] Last: you could still use strings and the function c_str() ;) (by Darkmaster)
by whwhwh
Sorting 2D arrays

So I'm in the middle of a program... part of it requires me to write a funtion to take a 2D array (maximum 20x20) from a file and sort each row. For example: 9 ...
[4 replies] Last: The first is trivial: just call sort() on every row. template<size_t... (by Cubbi)
I need urgent Help with Access violation reading location.

Hello dear all c++ experts, in fact this is repost and I could not get my answer, I have headache and big problem, since I MUST submit my thesis code by coming ...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks from all of you, I will check your solutions. Dear iHutch105, m... (by expert4c)
by dflash
BIG PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!

Hallo world I program in Microsoft visual c++, I program only for school projects nothing more than that. But when i debug a project, the win32 window comes ou...
[2 replies] Last: Hey, this is a very common thing, you can see the beginner forum there... (by closed account ETAkoG1T)
What are enumeration types?

Having alot of trouble understanding this. So its a way of making your own data type, and they are constants meaning their value never changes throughout the pr...
[2 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/other_data_types/ (by Darkmaster)
by nickmp
Reading file contents into an array of structures

I've created 2 structures. Now what Im trying to do is open these 2 txt files and write their contents to arrays of structures. So for instance, the Books.txt f...
[2 replies] Last: My teacher wants us to use functions as much as possible. If i do keep... (by nickmp)
by myslf
CLASS TO CONVERT FROM ANY NUMBER BASE TO ANOTHER

A: CREATE A CLASS TO CONVERT FROM ANY NUMBER BASE TO ANOTHER (FOR Example: from DECIMAL to BINARY) CLASS SHOULD - have only one private long...
[5 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/ more specifically: http://www.... (by Script Coder)
incorrect incrementing of array elements

Good Morning: I am new to programming and I have been working on an assignment for two days now. I have written the code for a loop, but when it runs, it does ...
[6 replies] Last: Just got home. I made the change you recommended along with another. T... (by marine1)
by Aderic
Poor code layout?

Hey guys, I'm having an issue with what I think is circular dependency, or just poor code layout. I take 2 headers. Player.h and Group.h and have the two to ...
[8 replies] Last: It's not insane: sometimes complex libraries that consist of many sou... (by Aderic)
December 2012 Pages: 1... 3334353637... 43
  Archived months: [nov2012] [jan2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.