General C++ Programming - December 2012 (Page 36)

***Pointers to Pointers? (1,2)

I'm very confused about Pointers to Pointers. See the below code. I have been told that ***a represents a three dimensional array__ but I'm not sure sure th...
[25 replies] Last: No. I understand pointers and I have read the Getting Started Section... (by dominover)
by Prog24
Why wont my Main display data from my class?

Can anyone see what Im doing wrong when calling my fuctions in my class? the program compiles it just stops displaying things to the screen after the welcome...
[10 replies] Last: Well like I said, those lines do nothing. They are fancy no-ops. It'd ... (by Zhuge)
Can't get program to read from file right

My last homework for the semester is to write a program that lets the user enter 5 numbers and store them in a file, then write a program that reads the 5 numbe...
[1 reply] : I figured out my problem. I had a misplaced closing brace on line 23 a... (by jllobet)
by Laveer
Merging Managed & Unmanaged Assmelby

Does anyone know of a free tool that would allow me to merge managed and unmanaged code? I created a stand alone lib in c++ that's referencing a c# lib, and as ...
[no replies]
glOrtho has odd offset

I'm making a program to simulate a group of particles moving with a variant of the Lennard-Jones potential function to test out using such a function for the sw...
[2 replies] Last: Without testing, I'm reasonably certain it's the glViewPort definition... (by cire)
by myslf
(Rectangle Class) need help to convert java to c++

1. (Rectangle Class) Create a class Rectangle. The class has attributes length and width, each of which defaults to 1. It has methods that calculate the perime...
[2 replies] Last: i using this program in c++ but this is java program i want to convert... (by myslf)
Create a Program

Create a program that outputs a letter grade for a student based on the following table: From 90 80 70 0 To 100 89 79 69 Grade A B C F
[no replies]
I need help with ifs, elses, and looping

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int cash; cout << "How much money do you have? "; cin >> cash; int loopCount; ...
[3 replies] Last: Alright I got it, thanks guys (by lSgtPepperl)
Creat a Program (Using Raptor)

Create a program that determine the shipping cost for an order based on the following table: From $0.00 $20.00 $50.00 $75.00 To $19.99 $49.99 $79.9...
[no replies]
Am I misusing the operator< & operator== overloads?

I have a program that has a set of items that you can add and delete from including a const iterator, pair and of course set. one of my switch cases for the ...
[no replies]
Can I do boolean tests in a struct?

Basically, here's what I want. I want to make a binary tree node struct that has a dynamic pointer inside of it that points to the next free node. I figured...
[1 reply] : yes, you can do boolean tests.But that should be in some function. ... (by tgiec)
by myslf
CLASS TO CONVERT FROM ANY NUMBER BASE TO ANOTHER

A: CREATE A CLASS TO CONVERT FROM ANY NUMBER BASE TO ANOTHER (FOR Example: from DECIMAL to BINARY) CLASS SHOULD - have only one private ...
[10 replies] Last: The easiest way to convert bases is to use modulus and division. (by naraku9333)
Help

I'm creating a hangman game and I need help as to where I need the players to have an option of seven guesses before game is over can you please help #includ...
[1 reply] : Please use < code > tags around your source code, makes it much more r... (by fafner)
Unhanded exception

Hi, Unhanded exception error. Tracing back from the problem function back to main we have. //Functions void Dealer(string dName , int dHit , int i) { ...
[15 replies] Last: OK, I just thought that the size was OK. Guess not. Thanks now I will ... (by jlillie89)
blackjack program.

I was pulling out a random card from an already randomized deck. Like playing blackjack and pulling cards from the middle. Sorry guys! Can this thread remai...
[2 replies] Last: I also see in userdeck, if you comment out // card1 = rand() % 5... (by SamuelAdams)
by doon
swap two arrays (1,2)

#include <iostream> using namespace std; void swapArray(int array1 ,int element1, int array2 , int element2); void swapArray(int array1 ,int element1, i...
[35 replies] Last: yea it works gd but well i dont know if its from the loop in the func... (by MikeyBoy)
by scapps
Extracting substrings from a char variable

I have a char variable with the following: 2012-12-01_12:00:00 I am trying to extract the year, month, day and hour and convert each to integers. I am no...
[1 reply] : one way, maybe not the best is to use string.erase() once you have the... (by SamuelAdams)
Text Class - HELP!

Create a class named Text whose objects store lists of words. The list of words will be represented using a dynamically allocated array of string variables wher...
[3 replies] Last: These didn't solve the issue. Now it is simply outputting nothing on t... (by bigg0058)
accept() function missing? WTF?

I'm writing my code on mac OS X. I added the following headers: #include <fcntl.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/socket.h> #include <netinet/in.h> ...
[4 replies] Last: I define my own make file and everything Sorry ignore my old post -... (by kev82)
how do you initialize arrays in class/structs and initialize a struct

so say if i had an array in struct struct node { node (array ):{int num1, int num2, array }//this is where im stumped first int a; } how do i i...
[no replies]
December 2012 Pages: 1... 3435363738... 43
  Archived months: [nov2012] [jan2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.