General C++ Programming - December 2014 (Page 2)

by bibi
C++ mkdir with date+time name

I need code in C++ for create directory ( folder) with momently date+time name , something like 28122014205825 ( ddmmyyyHHMMSS format ) it will be part of some...
[3 replies] Last: Creating the directory is straightforward, it's setting the timestamp ... (by kbw)
C++ Pointer changed address, now it won't delete it (Fails)

(I tested the address because I was getting errors and I found out the address changed before it was deleted, by the time the delete is called the titlePTR has ...
[6 replies] Last: Changing the char type isn't going to change anything. (by kbw)
New to C++ Help with virtual pet project?

Hi guys. I'm just playing around with C++ and I'm trying to make a sort of virtual pet game. I know its not the best looking code but I'm trying. But as of righ...
[5 replies] Last: Kindly take note of post formatting features before posting thanks. (by Code Apperentice)
Error Message?

Why do I get an error message for an expected "}" at the end of my source when there is one there? // Star Signs - What's your telling? #include <cs...
[3 replies] Last: Hi, Just a small tip to help you avoid this problem: Either configur... (by TheIdeasMan)
Problem with homing missiles

I'm trying to make homing missiles for my game but there is a little problem. I don't want them to instantly turn towards their target by just getting the angle...
[9 replies] Last: Ok! I got it working after a little while. Thanks for the help. (by Bingocat4)
Urgent! Please help...strcpy gives seg fault

I am trying to practice different concepts in C++ programming. Following is the program which compile successfully but gives seg fault at runtime. #include <...
[5 replies] Last: In your second comment did you mean to null terminate string after us... (by MiiNiPaa)
Dynamic Programming

Could you show me how could I obtain all the longest common subsequences (lcm-s) of two strings? Ex: a=578459 b=18754229 lcm: 549 859 I alre...
[no replies]
by Xhobi
File Handling

I am working on an assignment. Not too hard to make a text file and add some data in it, but when i re-enter my program and add some extra data on that text fil...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks (by Xhobi)
sieve analysis

Hey Guys, i have written a program to find prime numbers by sieve process. My problem is that for example prime number 73 is 65537, which is a prime number, b...
[2 replies] Last: Oh well ok that explains much :)) thank you. (by mrniceguy420)
C: Divide by 9 optimizing?

Divide by 8 is easy: just shift right 3 bits. How can I do this with divide by 9? I'm using some calculations for converting horizontal pixels to columns in my ...
[1 reply] : Consider leaving low level optimisations to the compiler. int divide... (by JLBorges)
How to read a sentence from a file?

So I'm working on that program that uses .txt files to store data, and I have one problem: I can't recover one full name from the .txt file It's a school libra...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, it works (would be sad if it wouldn't (http://www.cplusplus.co... (by Musmula)
Header file automatically linking cpp file?

I made my header file. If cpp file with definitions is in project compiler knows it has to be linked, but if it's not compiler doesn't know. If I include standa...
[4 replies] Last: But that works only for VS. Anyway thanks, it's good for now. (by TheHardew)
by rutski
Objective-C Style Reference Counting

I'm putting together a codebase at the moment in which every (major) object inherits from a grand "Object" class. That base class keeps an internal reference co...
[3 replies] Last: This is essentially the memory management architecture in Objective-C... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
Template class casting

I have this code here and I keep getting errors. I understand them but I don't know how to fix it. NOTE: matrix is a pointer to the matrix elements, m = the n...
[2 replies] Last: They weren't const. That was a major error. And now the only thing is ... (by cmajor28)
CRTC vs VGA attribute controller 8/4 bit depth with 256 color shift mode?

What effect does the CRTC controller display resolution have when 256/16 color is used with(out) 8-bit set in the attribute mode control register the way it's n...
[no replies]
how config the Code Blocks?

(i formated the pc, but i forget these :( ) i have the Code Blocks IDE with GNU compiler(download individualy. how can i config the IDE for detect the include...
[4 replies] Last: giblit: i know that. 1st i put it on text box, then i click on button ... (by Cambalinho)
Effect of VGA's attribute controller 'Color Plane Enable' register during text mode?

What does the Attribute Controller's Color Plane Enable register (index 0x12) do during text modes? What effect does it have to switch plane 0/1/2 off (set bit ...
[no replies]
Permutations

Please help me to solve this. John has n songs that he wants to listen to, but he can't do that anyway, because some songs can't be played one after another....
[10 replies] Last: Well I could, but they are in Romanian language. But I think it is th... (by adina0822)
Fibonacci

We consider two words A1 and A2 which contain only lowercase. The An (n>=3) word is formed like this An=An-1 + An-2, where (+) means concatenation. All thes...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you. I'll try to apply that. (by adina0822)
Memory allocation recursive algorithm

I've been working on a matrix class and I ran into a problem in writing my matrix class. I keep getting 0 as a determinant and with some debugging, I found that...
[2 replies] Last: Thank You! That was it. (by cmajor28)
December 2014 Pages: 1234... 31
  Archived months: [nov2014] [jan2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.