General C++ Programming - February 2014 (Page 2)

Can folders be added to a C++project??

I am writing a program that has many header files and their corresponding implementation files . I collected all the header files in a folder and did same fo...
[4 replies] Last: I would just CTRL+A and drag all files in that folder into the IDE. W... (by Stewbond)
HELP!!

HI, I need to make this program but I'm completely lost. Can someone help me write this as a working program. Thank you!! // Start // Declarations // ...
[2 replies] Last: well write some code and if you need help then we will help you. We wi... (by giblit)
Passing a Nested Structure Array to a Function

Hello, friends. I'm pretty much a beginner here. I unfortunately had a very poor intro to c++ teacher that taught us only to pass the exam, not really stuff t...
[5 replies] Last: You need to forward declare function or make a prototype if you intend... (by MiiNiPaa)
by apb210
Vectors of Object

I have: #include "A.h" class A; //Forward Declared class B { vector <A> v1; public: B(A &a) { ... } v1.push_back(obj); cout<<*v...
[2 replies] Last: Please provide actual error messages and actual code that reproduc... (by cire)
What after Opengl?

I am now learning Opengl and I want to make games. But how can I still make games? With OpenGL I can only draw triangles,make shaders or preview meshes. Then...
[19 replies] Last: [quote=CodeGazer]Why not? It is quite a good game to teach a range of ... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Help with Printing Square Free Numbers

Hi there, I'm currently trying to write a program that takes an integer input from the user and displays that number of square-free numbers . I've gotten mo...
[1 reply] : I fixed it! I replaced the bolded bit with for (int j = 0; j < Primes... (by TWhytock)
by ArnauB
HELP WITH OBJECTS

I would like to know how to call the methods of the class. I have an object call v which is an array and I don't how to call the methods of the class. The error...
[3 replies] Last: void Data::readDates(Data ){ ??? I think you are not understanding ... (by giblit)
HELP!!!

Hi, I am trying to create a simple text based game for my college work and i cannot get it to work. When i run it tells me it "expected 'while', on the very la...
[1 reply] : Please use code tags when posting http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/z1... (by Yanson)
by Smarty
Only edit empty lines of a file

I'm trying to make a program format a really large html file, so that it isn't displayed as a huge chunk of text. I want to put <br> in the empty lines of the...
[no replies]
Library files & header files

Hi guys.I have a quuestion.I can't understand exactly library files and header files.For example, thanks to stdio.h file I can use printf function but where is ...
[3 replies] Last: Well, MinGW uses libmsvcrt.a. Native linux compilers probably uses gli... (by MiiNiPaa)
Create N matrices simultaneously.

I would like to create N matrices of dimension (n,k) simultaneously. Lets say for example that N=3. Could you please help me. I read the command a but I don'...
[1 reply] : There are no "commands" in C++. There are statements and expressio... (by Duthomhas)
by Kak3n
Find longest name, display it and say how many letters it have

Hi I am trying to make a program into which you writre for example ten Names or words or etc. and it would find the longest name/word write it and the numbers o...
[5 replies] Last: #include <cstdlib> #include <iostream> //#include <string.h> #include... (by JLBorges)
From decimal to hexa. haloa guys, i've a problem on a code in c++.

Hi, i'm new on this forum. I have to make a program that transform a decimal number to hexadecimal. The code works only for some decimal values. Like 4095, 305...
[3 replies] Last: #include <iostream> void print_hex_digits( unsigned int n ) { st... (by JLBorges)
how to divide depending on how many times the user inputs a value

For example, to calculate GPA, we add all the grade point of a course and divide by the number of courses we are taking. How do I create a program in such a wa...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <algorithm> #include <vector> int main(... (by MiiNiPaa)
Databases

Can someone give me some pointers to resources or solutions to the following topic: Organizing and managing a large database of words building semantic relat...
[2 replies] Last: Try MySQL (by Uk Marine)
How to make the program repeat a question over and over and calculate total when the user wants to quit

Hey guys. I just started learning c++ about a month ago and I came across a question that I have no idea how to solve. Need as much help as I can get. This ...
[1 reply] : How to begin to write the project By laying out what input should you... (by MiiNiPaa)
by MrMoe
Inheritance from abstract base class for decision tree

Hi, I'm trying to implement a decision tree that gets doubles as input (in this sample code just random numbers) and returns a boolean value. At the nodes, I'd ...
[4 replies] Last: OK, thanks again, I haven't thought of that. I will try to make it wor... (by MrMoe)
Problem with traversing doubly link list

so here's the thing, i have no problem traversing at both forward and backward but not simultaneously. i can traverse forward, and traverse again forward with n...
[2 replies] Last: Wow thanks, that actually works! (by Skhiburdhurs)
by yhu420
Bug on pointer vector::push_back

Hello everyone, Today I get a really weird error from this code. It compiles perfectly, but crashes at the push_back line :( class MenuNav { public: Me...
[3 replies] Last: The pointer m_nav has to be properly defined by defining the object wi... (by Subhajit)
Help with an array program

#include<iostream> #include<string> using namespace std; int Func1 (int numtimes, int numbers, int Fav, int i, int p); int main() { int numbers ;...
[1 reply] : The numbers parameter of Func1 is of type int. You can't use the subsc... (by Peter87)
February 2014 Pages: 1234... 33
  Archived months: [jan2014] [mar2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.