General C++ Programming - February 2014 (Page 3)

Label Text in FOR Loop

Hello Everyone, Thank you for stopping by and assisting. I'm trying to print numbers in a label but I'm not having success. For example, I have the followi...
[2 replies] Last: My guess is that probably the window needs to poll events and draw its... (by TwilightSpectre)
Problem with strings - Any ideas?

Hey. So, I got an important exam this saturday in programming, and I started doing some preparation exercises for a few weeks. Right now, I got across some Stri...
[no replies]
Fast Help for Data Structures?

So I made a code that shows a simple rectangle. How do I make it move using data structures? :) CODE: #include "Glut_Setup.h" #include <stdlib.h> #inclu...
[2 replies] Last: Data structures: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_structure @adriyel... (by jumper007)
Error: Program for an Arduino Bot

I'm currently working on an Arduino bot that avoids obstacles, unfortunately the code is giving me some headaches; and have come to a point where I think a seco...
[4 replies] Last: YES!!! THANK YOU!!! It works! (by MattTuck)
Is there any new features benefit to scientific numerical in C++11?

For example: a native multi-dimensional variable size container? something like that? Thanks.
[1 reply] : native multi-dimensional variable size container #include <iostream>... (by MiiNiPaa)
by JunMi
Unhandled exception at 0x003a1957 in Nouveau.exe: 0xC00000FD: Stack overflow.

Hello everyone, I'm new to C++. I usually program in MATLAB. So a friend gave me a code that transforms a text file called plasmaforce.dat to a binary file cal...
[3 replies] Last: You don't need to upload the text file that you're using. The problem... (by cire)
Printing code to a file- problem.

Hello, I'm new to C++ and need help finishing up my program. I am writing a program that calculates BMI and I would like to be able to view my results both on t...
[1 reply] : Change all output to stream to a global std::ostringstream . When don... (by ShodanHo)
Reading binary file problem

The first run of the program gets book information and writes the objects to a binary file. The second run of the program reads the objects from the binary fil...
[3 replies] Last: Yeah I have to use a binary file. For some reason my program works fi... (by monstur)
Stuck on a program. Help please.

I am new to C++ and am stuck on a program. I've got to create a password check program that makes sure the password rules are followed. Below is the code and th...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you so much. I figured out what i was doing wrong in mine by you... (by btucker)
output from data file not working

i need my code to stop outputting all the numbers throughout the steps it is going through i just need it to output the total this is my input M C C C ...
[1 reply] : perhaps u can add default:break; //before this line } //end switc... (by theanne)
Classes Constructor and Destructor

Hello, I am writing few lines of codes for my project and I am not sure how to approach this problem. The instruction says: Add a function call loadDocum...
[no replies]
Converting enum to string and vice versa

It is working: #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <vector> #include <map> const int ENUM_NOT_FOUND = -1; const std::string NEW = " "; enu...
[6 replies] Last: Ah! Bingo! Wasn't familar with std::enable_if. Thanks! (by prestokeys)
by Dkob1
Need someone to Review my project

Am I doing everything right for this project? Is there anything else I need to do for it??? This is the prompt: As you probably know, cellular phone plans ...
[14 replies] Last: You're welcome :) (by wildblue)
openMP compile error for simple progam

I have a simple program that runs fine as a serial code, but I would like to use openMP to parallelize a time-consuming nest of for-loops. This is the function ...
[no replies]
by Dkob1
Need HELP with Cell Phone Usage Charges C++ assignment

Am I doing everything right for this project? I'm not sure what to do after writing down the calculations. I don't think I'm doing the subtotal part correctly...
[1 reply] : I just gave you an example in your original thread - we may have been ... (by wildblue)
Linking

Hi guys.I have a problem about linkers.I have 2 source files.They are main.c and func.c #include<stdio.h> int z=3; func(int x) { int y; y=x*x; return y; } ...
[3 replies] Last: Oh and also func(int x) — you did not write a return type, that is... (by MiiNiPaa)
C++ DLL LINK PROBLEM OVERLOADED OPERATOR

Hi guys, facing some issues here: Waz is in a DLL named Test Waz.h // Import/Export Pattern #ifdef TEST_EXPORTS #define DllExport __declspec(dllexpor...
[2 replies] Last: For sure class Waz is exported as I can put in my main Waz a; or use i... (by wazabyz)
by Gyiove
math.h sin, cos, atan2, sqrt functions source code

Hello! Can i see how does math.h calculate sin, cos, atan2, sqrt like math.cpp where all things are happening? I dont want to call those functions becaus...
[2 replies] Last: Some library sources are availabe online. For example, GNU sources her... (by Cubbi)
A little problem with priority_queue

I have this A* algorithm, I think #include <iostream> #include <queue> #include <vector> #include <map> #include <algorithm> #include <cstring> #inclu...
[2 replies] Last: Oh yeah, Thank you that solves the problem (by rmxhaha)
integral program messing up

Hi so I have a program that is approximating the area under a given function's curve. I'm trying to make it so that it passes through command line statements. ...
[3 replies] Last: Yea I commented a lot of unfinished ideas out because I was unsure of ... (by lintlicker1001)
February 2014 Pages: 12345... 33
  Archived months: [jan2014] [mar2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.