General C++ Programming - February 2015 (Page 2)

Array question

While reading my book it says this "Arrays can also be allocated dynamically, in which case the size of an array can be determined at run time, rather than at c...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks shyoninja I think I understand now. (by cppnoob25)
Anyone want to help me make a game?

I have a ton of ideas. I am struggling with the graphics though. I am using openGL and freeglut. I am looking for someone to help me with it. If there is anyone...
[1 reply] : Start simple. Make a side-scroller with SFML, Magnum, or SDL just to l... (by LB)
counting

how can i count total number of each topic separately? for example total number of topic 1 between all nodes. to begin enter 10 and 7 to initial node number a...
[1 reply] : Please edit your post and make sure your code is [co de]between code ... (by LB)
Linked List, implementation at Nth node

I have to write a program which has the user be able to enter a specific value at a specific position of the linkedlist, replacing that node with the user defin...
[1 reply] : 1) How can it be a compiler error if it's happening at run-time? 2) ... (by MikeyBoy)
by Raluca
Why doesn't this work?

# include <iostream> using namespace std; # include <fstream> # include <string.h> void L(int valoare, int bin , int poz); void G(int valoare, int bin , int p...
[1 reply] : Please edit your post and make sure your code is [co de]between code ... (by LB)
Why this doesn't work?

Hello. I made a BMP reader which works in the function, but crashes in int main(). Seems that data pointer somehow gets deleted. My code: #include <iost...
[1 reply] : line 56: `data' is uninitialized line 33: `data' was passed by copy, t... (by ne555)
developing application without exceptions

Is it possible to develop any application without exceptions? I don't want to try and catch exceptions and remove it.but I want to write codes which should neve...
[3 replies] Last: I really comes down to the scope of the application. At a certain poin... (by Computergeek01)
SDL Memory leak when using TTF_RenderText_Blended

class Renderer{ public: void text_to_sdl_surface(Text text, Colour colour); Font get_font(std::string font_name, int font_size); private: SDL_Surfa...
[7 replies] Last: It looks like you never free the TTF_Font. You have a class called Fon... (by Peter87)
Help - Grid and recursive function

Hey guys, I am kind of new with C++. I have an assignment to do which is similar to this one: http://uenics.evansville.edu/~hwang/f07-courses/cs215/project2.ht...
[1 reply] : I would start by making and 3 dimensional array 8x8x2. Obviosly first... (by Townsheriff)
find all unique triplet in given array with sum zero

Hello to all of you... I got all unique triplet from below code but I want to reduce its time complexity. It consist three for loop. So my question is, Is it ...
[7 replies] Last: Thanx JLBorges.. I ll go with it. (by prasad123)
by Nanyo
files and passwords

Hi I am trying to make a program that asks for password when you try to open a file. Any Ideas? Thanks in advance! I tried with that, obviously without ...
[7 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <string.h> using ... (by Nanyo)
Help me solve this problem

hi, i'm new to visual studio 2013, when i write my code to compile (using ctrl + F5) this error appears: how to solve it? tnQ :( http://upload7.ir/uploads//412a...
[2 replies] Last: they couldn't help :( i'm downloading the 2008 version to see if it wo... (by honeyxp)
by LA101
!Urgent! C++ bubble sort

I'm trying to apply a bubble sort on a linked list. It works in the first traversal, but then after the code cPtr = nPtr;, it inputs repeated digits at the end ...
[1 reply] : Move the lines 11 ... 14 after line 16 (by coder777)
by daruss
Basic Loop Help (Beginner) - Somewhat Urgent

Hello so for my c++ homework I need to write nested for loops that print an hourglass. I have searched through the forums and haven't really found a solid answe...
[1 reply] : Hi.. I have made the program for you. In case of any query, please fe... (by HabibAurangabad)
Making a game with a GUI

Hello everyone! I have spent a lot of time programming a little single play turn based combat rpg that features a shop, fights, and that's about it. Lol, I real...
[1 reply] : What graphics library are you using? (If you're not using one, try out... (by LB)
Backslash implementation

Im implementing the ability to read a backslash and allow the next character to be allowed in the string. But how would i do that, I'm kinda confused. This is w...
[no replies]
Reversing a String

I have this bit of code that reverses a string but there's a bit of it that I just don't understand: int main() { char sentence ; //Create char array void...
[6 replies] Last: I hope this'll help you understand better: See this as the order every... (by BasV)
by Micard
Implementing a proper reading from file

I feel very dumb right now, so please, don't add up to this :) I'd PM one of the forum members, but he doesn't accept PM (Horscht). I'll just give you full c...
[3 replies] Last: Up. Still not solved. The question is - how do I read the passlist.txt... (by Micard)
Searching for Email Format and Domain

Hello, I am new to C++ and programming in general. I was wondering if it is possible to use C++ to search for company email formats and domain addresses? For...
[4 replies] Last: Yes, well I have a list of 4000 websites already. I just need the emai... (by Calvin 19)
need help finishing and understanding this program

You will need to submit your programs that test both encode and decode.. The first (encode) will input an alphabetic message from a file, and use the class to b...
[1 reply] : Please note, that this is not a homework site. We won't do your homew... (by keskiverto)
February 2015 Pages: 1234... 26
  Archived months: [jan2015] [mar2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.