General C++ Programming - January 2014 (Page 19)

Problem with classes/multiple inheritence

sadfg
[1 reply] : I've been doing a lot of this lately, and asked help about similar stu... (by pivottt)
MMO / 3D game engine development c++ books?

Hello, I would like to create a virtual environment to view my models in a 3d world using a MMO / 3D game engine. Do anyone know any good book(s) that cou...
[no replies]
Clang++ with Code::Blocks?

Hi there, I was wondering how i could get clang++ to work with code::blocks I love clang++ because it gives you the error message and tells u what the correcti...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks you, ill try that when im on pc. Thanks (by closed account EwCjE3v7)
In a C++ map, is there any way to search for the key given a content?

Hello Programmers, In a C++ map, is there any way to search for the key given a content? Example: I have this map: map<int,string> myMap; myMap = "fo...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks to @Cubbi and @Peter87 !!! Your responses were very helpful. ... (by nelson1mx)
What is wrong with the function and what an i not doing right

i am new to C++ and programming and i need your help to better my skill i am learning function in C++ and i am having problems with the calling of some of funct...
[5 replies] Last: You mention that you are a beginner, so I will try to avoid calling ou... (by Meadhelm)
Expected ; before string constant and .

Firstly, a huge thank you to all forum members who have helped with my previous issues. Without their advice I would not be at around 2.5 k lines of code on my ...
[6 replies] Last: Ah, okay. I make a lot of stupid errors. Thank you! (by TsarLenin)
removeNonDisplayableAsciiChars

hi,i dn't know how to give input with text for this function.i already create function for this but i dn't know give input as non ASCII value(0-32) that Cobain ...
[1 reply] : You might could make a string using escape sequences: http://en.cppref... (by kevinkjt2000)
Bitmap to Word document

How to draw a rectangle and covert to an image and that image saved into word file?
[1 reply] : Use Word. Seriously, messing with the file format directly is not the... (by Duthomhas)
by simons
Implementation of Array Index operator for Fraction class

Hi , I need an implementation help for the array index operator overloading of my Fraction class . The Fraction.h looks like : #include <iostream> u...
[3 replies] Last: Why should a fraction be indexable like an array? Fractions and arrays... (by Duthomhas)
by Kubani
Problem when installing FLTK on Visual Studio 2012

My machine in Windows 7 32-bit and my compiler for C++ is Visual Studio 2012 so first I downloaded FLTK from here (http://www.stroustrup.com/Programming/FLTK/) ...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks. I added all the required header files into my include director... (by Kubani)
Multithreading..Output

#include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> #include <pthread.h> using namespace std; #define NUM_THREADS 5 void *PrintHello(void *threadid) { long tid; tid ...
[3 replies] Last: > but my doubt is cant many processes/threads run simeltaneously on si... (by JLBorges)
Compiler Generated Identity Matrices

The title says it all. Unfortunately, I am too dumb to wrap my head around this given all of the restrictions imposed on constexpr constructs (no defining vari...
[12 replies] Last: I did encounter that error from clang, and it had me checking the type... (by closed account 3hM2Nwbp)
How to input Png into application

Is there any way to input a picture into an application? I want to make the console of my C++ program display an image across it for a short while. The picture ...
[7 replies] Last: Sorry, didn't know Daniweb would do that. Here's the link you need. ht... (by Duthomhas)
flow chart for nested loop

how to draw a flow chart for following nested loop? for(int r=1;r<=5;r++){ for(int c=1;c<=r;++c){ cout<<c; } cout<<endl; ...
[1 reply] : What -exactly- are you trying to do? actually your program -code- ou... (by eyenrique)
2D Game with classes : background issue

ALLEGRO with c++ I have a 800x400 display In which I have drawn a horizontal line void Ground::Render() { al_draw_line(x,y,800+x,y,al_map_rgb(0,255...
[1 reply] : option 1) Have the line move along with the ball option 2) Draw the... (by Disch)
Can you have a program instead of a wallpaper?

Hi! I was wondering if you can make a program in c++ and then use it instead of a picture as your computer background. Take this iron man picture as an exam...
[6 replies] Last: It sounds alot like a program that runs like LCARS interface emulation... (by IWishIKnew)
Virtual methods with MI

Hey, I'm here again for questions about multiple inheritance and virtual methods. Well actually, I don't think MI affects this, I'll try to stick to the point. ...
[4 replies] Last: I was quite careless; we should give a different name to the private c... (by JLBorges)
Save and Load function problem

So, I have had this problem for a while now: it is a logic error with two functions, save() and load(). I have checked save(), as far as I can tell it functions...
[7 replies] Last: Thank you both, it finally works now!!! (by TsarLenin)
use of virtual keyword in destructors

please have a look at the following code : class Base { public: virtual ~Base() { cout << "Calling ~Base()" << endl; } }; c...
[4 replies] Last: i am unable to understand why 'calling ~Base()' is been printed here?... (by Disch)
Unexplained Memory Leak in Condition Variable

I am on TDM-GCC 4.8.1, Windows 8, x64. Having only a mutex and a condition variable without using them does not leak. What am I doing wrong here? Mem usage g...
[4 replies] Last: Well, that's to be expected, it's specifically a winpthreads bug as st... (by S G H)
January 2014 Pages: 1... 1718192021... 25
  Archived months: [dec2013] [feb2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.