General C++ Programming - December 2013

by Life24
Socket Programming in C++

Hi, I want write a chat program with socket programming.(Simple) Please help me and give me example. Thank you
[3 replies] Last: You can use WinSock or whatever socket lib that comes with *nix system... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
External Dependencies: d3dcompiler.h file is missing?

Okay so, first of all its the only external dependencies file im "missing" i need it to use the D3DCOMPILE_ENABLE_STRICTNESS thingy they talk about in the book ...
[no replies]
Invalid use of template name 'ND' without argument list

#ifndef BSTCLASS_H_ #define BSTCLASS_H_ #include <string> using namespace std; template <typename T> struct NODE { T data; NODE<T> *left; NODE<...
[4 replies] Last: Use a generic parameter template <class T> class BSTClass{ void Ba... (by ne555)
Appending Binary file....

I was trying to append two binary file specially EXE so I coded this #include<iostream> #include<fstream> using namespace std; main() { char ch; ch...
[5 replies] Last: It won't matter what you do to it -- it won't work. (You'll just wind ... (by Duthomhas)
by jaded7
Variadic friend classes?

Is this possible? I'm pretty inexperienced with templates, variadic templates especially. I get a syntax error message from GCC 4.7 when I try to compile. t...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks for the help. I don't have a specific use for it in mind, I jus... (by jaded7)
function definition

Hi. Is the following function defined correctly? Thanks in advance int ReadFile(file, size, graph) FILE* file; int* graph; { int i, j; fsca...
[5 replies] Last: @Rockyy: Did you read @Cubbi's post? (by LB)
Operator overloading & output suppression

Hey guys! I have two questions: 1st Question: I have three different classes A , B , and C ; and correspondingly overloaded the insertion stream oper...
[5 replies] Last: > explain what the colon in these lines/constructs do (I'm still learn... (by JLBorges)
by muhsid
decimal to binary

This code gives result as binary of the array values written eg: {15,127,7} the output was 11111111111111, can anyone help to modify this to get an output with...
[3 replies] Last: thank you LB & giblit (by muhsid)
How to compare a vector to a map

Okay so I have an `inventory` class that accesses a static vector from my base class `MainShop`. I also have a `SwordShop` class which inherits from `MainShop`....
[no replies]
pointers and arrays

The book states the following two are equivalent: char s ; char *s; Since the name of an array is a synonym for the location of the initial element, th...
[1 reply] : Since foo is the same as *foo , then *foo is the same as **fo... (by Duthomhas)
Learn DirectX 9 or DirectX 11 First

I have two books, one is over the basics of direct3d 9 and the other direct3d 11. The direct3d 9 book is written in a slower pace than the other but is a past v...
[4 replies] Last: I fully understand what you mean by the XP thing. I'm saying that you... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
How can I access a specific protected inherited member depending on the class?

Okay so I have `MainShop`(base class) then `SwordShop` and `BowShop`(derived classes) and another derived class called `Inventory`. I have a vector under protec...
[3 replies] Last: @JLBorges, thank you! That fixed my problem. and @Zereo, my inventory ... (by damian519)
How to make my program read a txt file off a ftp server?

I am having trouble making my program read a txt file and performing an action.Heres my code.I have a txt file on the server called "Shutdown.txt" and "true" is...
[no replies]
Do I need to memorize all the DirectX 11 Functions and syntax

I'm starting to do Direct3D and i was getting a bit overwhelmed because there is so many things to try and remember. For example in this book I'm reading ("Begi...
[7 replies] Last: Okay, i will stick to DX11. Thank you for your input! (by TrentIsDino)
by Zapeth
Whats the best way to update linked indices that were changed?

Hello, so basically I have 2 arrays where elements in array A contain some data including an index number of the other array B to "point" to the data there. No...
[5 replies] Last: I know, I just did that for the sake of the pseudo code to keep the co... (by Zapeth)
Flags in Makefile

Hello everyone! I have a problem about Makefile flags. It begins with that I cannot get the exact meaning of my task: "The compiler flags -o0(letter o and dig...
[6 replies] Last: Yes, I wrote linking and compilation in the same line then. And I thin... (by Fatty527)
operator precedence

Given t is char array 'hello' and s is empty char array first, we evaluate primary expression operator () inside while loop condition. Inside that, expr+...
[2 replies] Last: it uses pointer arithmetic to move to the next memory location withou... (by Cubbi)
I need help with VBA programming

Hello, I have created a database and now i have created a form with a few different buttons. However i need to create a button that will print all the record...
[no replies]
Discrete Wavelet Transform C++ Implementation - Run time error

Hi Everyone, I am looking for some help using the Discrete Wavelet Transform (DWT) Library found here: http://wavelet2d.sourceforge.net/ The trouble is a...
[4 replies] Last: Hi ne555, I tried the debug version of the library and the same thing... (by tribute3)
help

hi, i am beginner i study basic printf,scanf and chek i want basic task from you guys it ll b very helpful for me ... i am very pleased .. :)
[no replies]
December 2013 Pages: 123... 37
  Archived months: [nov2013] [jan2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.