General C++ Programming - January 2014 (Page 20)

classes and class members

#include class Employee { public: char m_strName ; int m_nID; double m_dWage; // Set the employee information void SetInfo(char *strName, int nID, dou...
[9 replies] Last: You're welcome - glad I could help :) (by MikeyBoy)
clear screen and text color

how i can clear the whole screen in console... and i'm using clrscr(); and its not working :( 2nd... how i can change the text color in the .exe without using...
[4 replies] Last: NT3 thanks for the link But i'm seraching someone who created his ow... (by thefasninja)
Integrating XML read/write design question

I have two designs for reading/writing my classes to XML. Which do you think is better: This is my structure (Attributes are single class members, Elements a...
[1 reply] : Boost Serialization? http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_55_0/libs/serial... (by JLBorges)
merging sets in linear time

Dear all, I have two std::sets S1 and S2 which I need to merge. I know that the largest element of S1 is less than the smallest element of S2. the additi...
[6 replies] Last: @JLBorges Thank you. Being out coded by you never ceases to give me en... (by Script Coder)
Fork system call

#include<iostream> using namespace std; #include<sys/types.h> #include<unistd.h> #include<string> #include<stdlib.h> int global=2; string teststr; i...
[7 replies] Last: Thanks @KBW Thanks a lot for your explanation.Vey helpful (by venkatacplpl)
Urgent Help Guys!! PLZ

A man travels from one city to another. He may Visit either n=2,3,4,5 or 6 cities.He may adopt different routes. Some routes are longer and some r shorter Deve...
[no replies]
C/Python integration

I'm trying to compile some C code, which relies on NumPy package, and I'm getting this compile error: /cuda-convnet-vs-proj/src/util.cu(69): error : identifi...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks, #define NUMPY_INTERFACE solved the problem! Sorry about delaye... (by michaelsb123)
Reading and storing the newline character alongside data!

I am reading data from a text file into a program. I am well aware of the subtle distinctions in the mode of data input/entry when using the stream extraction ...
[1 reply] : What's wrong with using get or getline and then storing the newlin... (by long double main)
Program not deleting something properly

Hello, I'm making a basic RPG, and at the moment, Im trying to make it so when I kill a goblin, its G on the char array is deleted! Here are the parts of the c...
[5 replies] Last: You could have saved a lot of typing with. bool gotten = {0}; ... (by Mats)
Reading from a .txt file

If I am reading data from a .txt file with a person's last name and first name (e.g. Miller Andrew), How do I output the same data with the first name followed ...
[2 replies] Last: Lmao! Wow. I was just over thinking it. That was so simple. Thank you ... (by Binarydude87)
run from context menu with selected text from browser

Hello there. I'm trying to build an app, but i don't know which is the best language choice. For starters, the app should be able to: 1. run from context ...
[2 replies] Last: I saw these articles. So, it can be done for browser context menu as w... (by UnicornL)
by Ceset
working with multi files

hi guys. i m trying to make a simple space shooter game so i can learn and have experience on some programming stuffs. but i have problems with global var...
[1 reply] : ok. i found out that i was making a mistake (by Ceset)
by Denver
Create A Scrollbar In Dev c++ (Urgent)

Could anyone link me the site to get the codeing to make a scroll bar , thanks. or u can drop ur code down here in the reply :D
[5 replies] Last: This is an entirely different thing that what you have been doing so f... (by Mats)
Saving

The program compiles without any errors, but when i run it, the information isn't saved to the .txt file. Any ideas as to what's wrong? #include "Save.h" ...
[8 replies] Last: Your prototype is within your save class which is inside of the header... (by newbieg)
[win32] Send bitmap over socket

I want to send a bitmap over socket, however since I kinda work with bitmaps for the first time, I dont really have an idea how to do that, so far I have code t...
[no replies]
making a bar graph:

I am trying to compare two vectors and make a bar graph. I have tried sorting it and pushing it into another vector but this issue is when I go to output it. My...
[3 replies] Last: Never mind I got it. I was being a boob.... (by jocdrew21)
by Greedy
HELP

guys look at my code, something is not right? I have no time to fix it. I have lots work to do. Please FIx it for me. I beg you: Im using dev c. #include <s...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much :) (by Greedy)
c++ need help with caesar cipher decryption

I have text file that contains username and password userandPassword.txt chris ABC jane DEF john DEF I am tryng to ...
[1 reply] : You need to make the output string empty before handling the next pass... (by Peter87)
Odd bad_alloc error

I am coding a solution to the USACO barn repair problem (Problem Statement: http://frostpines.wordpress.com/2010/11/06/usaco-1-3-2-barn-repair/ ). The soluti...
[2 replies] Last: I could try that, I would have to print to cerr. My only problem with... (by Script Coder)
by ace799
Noob C++ Need a simple answer

Can someone please explain a few things in the sample code I am playing around with. When " char mName ;" is used what does the number 51 mean anddo? That con...
[5 replies] Last: Well, to fully answer that question, here's some small preliminary stu... (by xismn)
January 2014 Pages: 1... 1819202122... 25
  Archived months: [dec2013] [feb2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.