General C++ Programming - July 2014 (Page 25)

lambda functions causing errors

so im trying to write a function that extracts chunks of numbers from a stream (ie if i had "ui33ui24ui23hjdwejf" it would extract the chunk 33), and its finish...
[1 reply] : You want the body of the of the function in the header file for templa... (by closed account 10X9216C)
BST

How to insert 10 different numbers to a BST and print out randomly?
[2 replies] Last: Your asking a whole lot in a small question. BST's are widely document... (by Bunny)
iterating over a stream

so i am refactoring this function: http://pastebin.com/mv85KMTk because it was incredibly messy before, and have gotten to the set of cases at lines 20-22. orig...
[2 replies] Last: yeah thats what im kind of doing. i actually figured out a solution th... (by Little Bobby Tables)
fstream doesn't protect file?

Hey, This is more of a general question than a specific code question, but I think it fits into this forum. I was doing some file work. (I'm writing my own a...
[no replies]
by Bunny
Header for library

Hi all, I have a design consideration regarding shared libraries and the common approach to this problem . The following is the situation. I'm currently wri...
[9 replies] Last: I'll go with the two separate headers, a solution that seemed be be an... (by Bunny)
Undefined Reference Errors?

I am having compilation linker issues and am looking for an explanation as to what is causing the error and how to fix it. The declaration of header files it is...
[14 replies] Last: OK, appreciate the heads-up. Thanks for the help. (by dptru10)
File variable help.

I am trying to substitute a variable for the file directory. Here is the error: error: no matching function for call to 'std::basic_ofstream<char>::basic_o...
[2 replies] Last: That Works!! Thank you very much!! (by Tyler151)
float gets unwillingly outputted as int - using Operator Overloading

Hey Guys, I fooled a bit around with the Operator Overloading and stumbled across something I don't understand yet. I've uploaded this mini program here (htt...
[1 reply] : int Hypothenuse() returns an int. (by Caligulaminus)
trying code for removing all white space from a line of a txt file

hi all, I am amateur in c++ coding hope you guys will help me. this is the code I tried in my code block 10.05.....tried code for removing all white space from...
[9 replies] Last: Please use code tags when posting code, to make it readable: http://w... (by MikeyBoy)
LAN Games

Hi, I'm making a simple single-player game. Now, assume I've made the game, how would I go about making it available to play on LAN? (I'm not really bothered ab...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks (by Irrelevant Elephant)
MultiLevel pointer in C++

Hi, in the last time i was using the debugger in the CheatEngine, and i know how to write base address + offset in C++. but, multilevel pointer is something ...
[1 reply] : Nobody help? :( (by Kalir44)
by judo11
How to trap negative integer inputs in C++ program?

A program that asks 10 positive integers and classify them as odd or even positive integer inputs. The algorithm has to trap negative integer inputs. The output...
[3 replies] Last: First of all, you need an array if you want to capture 10 integers. Ri... (by Computergeek01)
comparing chars in a while statement

Hi there, im trying to do this but it can never seem to work. #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main () { char charOne; cin.get(charOne); cin.ign...
[6 replies] Last: It's simpler (and generally better) to use std::string. But if you d... (by Chervil)
How would you describe the modulus function in c++ utilizing equations that don't include the actual modulus function

If x mod y equals a. I know that a = the remainder of x divided by y. I've got a mental block and I can't figure out how I'd program mod without the utilizati...
[5 replies] Last: Hint: Think about what integer division (division of two integers) giv... (by Peter87)
Problem with POCO libraries on VS 2012

I followed the directions here to setup up POCO: http://www.davidrogers.id.au/wp/?p=1697. For the most part it worked fine, until I tried to compile a test p...
[4 replies] Last: PocoFoundation d .lib and PocoFoundationmd d .lib are the debug versio... (by Lodger)
Holding function in variable and changing it dynamically

I need a variable that will just hold a function that I can change in the middle of the application, even to different function type with different amount of pa...
[12 replies] Last: > well I have reply struct that holds a pointer to the string (that wi... (by JLBorges)
Retrieving class types from file efficiently

Suppose your program has many concrete subtypes of Person, and each person will have their own file saved, with their type stored in that file. When reading th...
[4 replies] Last: > remove the repeated lines in the visit overrides ... > adding a new... (by JLBorges)
Pig Latin converter using only null terminated c strings

I'm needing to make a pig latin converter using only null terminated cstrings. I keep getting a segmentation fault error and can not figure out why. Also, only ...
[1 reply] : I'm needing to make a pig latin converter using only null terminated ... (by cire)
by AllT
VC++ "vector iterator + offset out of range"

Any idea why this throws that exception? Compiler: Visual C++ 2013 Update 2 auto arrPtr = boost::any_cast<std::vector<uint16_t>>(&it->second); m_someArra...
[1 reply] : It doesn't matter how many items I reserve, it still throws. reser... (by cire)
by TRH123
i want to align the output, where it says gpa

#include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <string> #include <time.h> using namespace std; class Student { private: string name; double gpa; ...
[3 replies] Last: What do you want to do on this section? You say you want to align it, ... (by Yay295)
July 2014 Pages: 1... 23242526
  Archived months: [jun2014] [aug2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.