General C++ Programming - July 2016 (Page 11)

"Type is incomplete"

Have a problem that's actually convinced me to *learn* C++ rather than just tweaking source I have. The guy that wrote most of the C++ code I maintain at wor...
[1 reply] : What types are cln1__CountryReturnType and CountryReturnType defined a... (by a k n)
a map confuseness

#include <map> #include <iostream> #include <algorithm> int main() { std::map<int, int> iim = { {1,2},{1,3},{2,2},{3,2}}; //erase all elements whose ...
[1 reply] : The erase-remove idiom cannot be used for associative containers. htt... (by cire)
Write in file in file_makeacc() does overwriting to the file even with ios::app

#include<iostream> #include<fstream> #include "conio.h" //GCC conio.h #include<iomanip> #include<windows.h> using namespace std; /* *****************...
[7 replies] Last: You open an fstream with the ios::out flag, meaning it is an output st... (by doug4)
by EL1A
Webinar (July 12): How to Improve Testing Coverage with Automated Code Coverage Analysis

Join Squish Coco expert, Clemens Anhuth, and learn how to do Unit & Regression testing effectively. More information and registration at https://www.froglogi...
[no replies]
by Murozo
C++ Basic 4 transactions math program

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUarRGFl2vg C++ Basic 4 4 transactions math program
[no replies]
by ozae
was not declared in this scope

hi i have been working and get stuck with something like this" C:\Users\ThinkPad\Desktop\2D\HEL\main.cpp|225|error: 'set' was not declared in this scope, and n...
[1 reply] : It means that you are trying to use a function/method that does not ex... (by Duthomhas)
Urgent: very strange results with my String class (operator +)

Hello. This is hard to explain and to make it easy to understand it came a bit long. Look at this example: GString myObj = "he"; myObj.Append("llo"); cout <...
[16 replies] Last: No, character is not converted to an int. character is already an ... (by Peter87)
by Raizel
Need help im stuck.

Hey guys!i just started learning c++ programming and i am stuck on a problem. The problem is I have to implement selection construct and continue the loop and ...
[7 replies] Last: I learned from that. std::string name; cin >> name; :) (by closed account G2zU5Di1)
g++

I want to compile gcc source code on windows. help!
[2 replies] Last: See 'Creating a native Win64 compiler' https://sourceforge.net/p/mingw... (by JLBorges)
Hiding Implementations: A look at performance (PIMPL vs Abstract Interface)

Abstract: This is an 'article' proposal that I wish to discuss first (if anyone is interested). I investigated the the performance difference between a Pimpl...
[3 replies] Last: There would be a significant difference in performance (only) if the f... (by JLBorges)
by baylie
Dictionary reader

So I'm working on this code and I think I've actually almost got it, but my compiler is telling me I'm missing "{" somewhere in the code. #include "std_lib_fa...
[4 replies] Last: For this error, it's saying that the compiler cannot find the prototyp... (by Little Captain)
setMouseCallback wrong

Hello, I have the following code usiing Opencv, Can somebody tell me how to call setMouseCallback because I have an error , more precisely at onMouse say that...
[no replies]
how can i saving a string on a file?

i overloading the operator<< and operator>> for string: std::ostream& operator << (std::ostream& lhs, const string& rhs) { int stringsize=rhs.size(); ...
[2 replies] Last: yes you have right. i was doing some errors and the problem is on my i... (by Cambalinho)
vector stack behavior

Why am I getting the correct capacity for the 2nd example but no the first. This presupposes that 128 is wrong, which itr may not be. Could someone please clari...
[11 replies] Last: That hit the nail on the head, especially the previous post. Thx to al... (by technologist)
type tyarit?

How to implement is_class is_union is_enum? Help!!!!
[4 replies] Last: 'how to implement'? You can't. These are basically compiler internals... (by coder777)
Samsung Tizen Z3

Reported for inappropriate content and advertising
[5 replies] Last: The point is, it was your comment that caused this thread to persist. ... (by MikeyBoy)
Ini file using c++ builder

How can i hide section in ini file using c++ builder. I want to remove section and want again copy back to ini file
[8 replies] Last: [quote=Duoas]https://www.google.com/search?q=tinifile+example+c%2B%2B ... (by Duthomhas)
HELP ME Obiwan .. / undeclared reference to

In An Arduino environment using Atmel Visual Studio / Visual Micro .. attempting a call to an asm routine. having linker issues, I believe .. In a header .. ...
[1 reply] : Just out of interest, are there substantial advantages in programming ... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Comparing Negative Numbers

I am trying to create a program that compares a set of integers and outputs the min and max value. My code executes correctly for all scenarios except when I h...
[6 replies] Last: // Sets initial min and max values minVal == val; maxVal == val; S... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Question about the details of Importing and Linking

My project has taken a turn because Qt is just insufficient for the GUI for my application. Therefore, I am using .NET now. However, this is NOT a .NET questi...
[1 reply] : If you export a class, you're exporting everything in the class. If ... (by helios)
July 2016 Pages: 1... 910111213
  Archived months: [jun2016] [aug2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.