General C++ Programming - June 2013

Combination

Hello every one ,, um just asking for an effective algorithm in C++ to get all possible combination from a given set. thanks in advance :)
[no replies]
learning STL, no error, but doesn't work

So I'm working on this assignment for finding anagrams, and I have it at that, code complete ready to run and change stuff so it runs right phase.. debugging. I...
[8 replies] Last: Wow, thanks everyone. I'll work with these suggestions and see what h... (by Chris Meyer)
please make me learn programming

any one please i want to learn programming help me pleaseee
[6 replies] Last: YouTube has some great references. (by yoked88)
by AceK
I WANT TO CREATE AN APP THAT TURNS ON MY WEBCAM

Ok, I want to create an app that turns on my webcam and display whatever the webcam is pointing at but I have no clue how to do this. Is there a special functio...
[no replies]
by gemic
Effective STL

To anyone who has read Effective STL by Scott Meyers, is it still worth reading now? My concern is that it was released in 2001, so some of the things might no...
[4 replies] Last: Just ordered The C++ Standard Library: A Tutorial and Reference(2 edit... (by gemic)
Which visual studio is better?

I have tried vs2012 but i am working on a netbook and it is not working good on my netbook so which version of vs is better for me? ----- Intel Atom CPU N26...
[11 replies] Last: i will try it thanks (by closed account 1v5E3TCk)
casting is not working please help

#include <iostream> #include <conio.h> using namespace std; class base{ public: void print(){cout<<"I'm Base"<<endl;} }; class drived:public ba...
[1 reply] : The type of b is base even after the casting. So function print of bas... (by vlad from moscow)
Inheritence in C++

From design point of view why and when we do inheritence in c++.Is there any substitute of doing Inheritence.I mean composition or aggregation.
[4 replies] Last: From design point of view why and when we do inheritence in c++.Is th... (by andywestken)
by sunli9
Please check : )

#include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> include<time.h> struc display{ int month; double interest rate; }; void displays(FILE*displayR) lf calculate(...
[5 replies] Last: Uhmm thanks, I did noticed I forgot to put '#' on third include and th... (by sunli9)
Threading

How do you multi thread?
[4 replies] Last: I tend to favor C++11 threads (when supported)... ie the <thread> head... (by Disch)
by zsteve
ways to keep mind clear and focused while coding?

Hi, today I spent an embarrassing amount of time (2hrs) mainly in trying to get this code to work: string getExtension(string path) { int i=path.le...
[6 replies] Last: Um, try to eat before you start programming and eat while you're at it... (by greenleaf800073)
by klay2
c++ game wiki

please check out my wiki it is about making a game in c++ its at: http://communitygame.wikia.com/wiki/Communitygame_Wiki
[no replies]
Changing values in a matrix using void function

Hi there, I have the following void function devised to assign "+1" or "-1" to each element of a matrix at random. While the function does what I want, when I ...
[2 replies] Last: Bravo!! Thanks ne555 :) (by dbachito)
Graphics in C++

For graphics programming in C there is a Graphics library graphics.h but what to do in C++ I am using BCC 5. Whenever i try to include graphics.h in my C++ pro...
[7 replies] Last: Alas, that is not uncommon. TBH, I have not used it in a very long tim... (by Duthomhas)
Need help!!

Hello good people, My program seems to have a problem when i try to quit it by pressing 'q'. Can somebody please tell me what I am doing wrong?? thanks // Lab0...
[2 replies] Last: try using cin.synch before reading from the input stream (by kulkarnisr)
Using KEY_WOW64_64KEY

Hi guys, will this work on both 32 bit and 64 bit machine ? if(RegCreateKeyEx(HKEY_CURRENT_USER, "Software\\MySoft", 0, NULL, 0, KEY...
[1 reply] : Read this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa3... (by modoran)
by mIXpRo
const problems :(

hi, i'm trying to implement a linkedlist with iterators in c++, but when i compile i get : 1) ./list.h: In instantiation of ‘T& List<T>::Iterator::operator*...
[1 reply] : i fixed it thanks changed ListNode(ListNode& node); to ListNode... (by mIXpRo)
by Ikaros
Template function which accepts only certain template parameters

Hi have been thinking that is it possible to have template classes with template functions such that functions only accept certain types. I mean that, if I have...
[2 replies] Last: You could also use the version that doesn't modify the function signat... (by KRAkatau)
by sumsar
direct x or openGL (1,2)

i just finish basic c++ and i wanna begin making 3d and 2d games i just dont know which one I should choose direct X or openGL. so which one should i choose an...
[21 replies] Last: VS10 (Native C++ setup) (by S G H)
set and get the value of different class members in a class

hi all, i am new to c++ programming and i have written a simple class program to display the name and duration of the project #include<iostream> class project...
[3 replies] Last: Yeah, the logic is OK. You would implement get member functions like t... (by Fransje)
June 2013 Pages: 123... 28
  Archived months: [may2013] [jul2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.