General C++ Programming - June 2013 (Page 3)

by a k n
C/C++ dynamic memory deallocation mechanism

Hi, In c/c++ we allocate dynamic memory using malloc()/new() and deallocate using free()/delete()....
[7 replies] Last: Glad we could help :) This stuff isn't always obvious, and it's not o... (by MikeyBoy)
by siag
Adding a big number into array

hello when i run the program i want to add a big integer number into an int array how can i do it....
[4 replies] Last: Thanks (by siag)
need help with my c++ program :-(

I need a program with menu system and program should ask for student surname, forename and their dat...
[4 replies] Last: You learn by your misstakes. So try and write the code and see where ... (by ajh32)
by minak
thread

hi, I am trying to use multithreading for fuction which is identified in the class, but I confront t...
[1 reply] : The error indicates that you're attempting to call a function that exp... (by Cubbi)
by Rikkin
Problem: Dynamic memory allocation

Hi guys, I'm new in C/C++ programming and I got a problem in dynamic memory allocation. I have a ...
[3 replies] Last: In C++, use the new operator and not malloc . // float *x = (flo... (by nkendra)
Queue

/* Implementation of a circular queue of Array containg names.. */ # include <stdio.h> # include <...
[2 replies] Last: i'm not a very good coder. i'm really really a newbie. forgive me but ... (by EJ Destua)
Visual Studio Express C++ 2010

Ok guys I have a slight problem in Visual Studio C++. I have a Combo Box with four options : Con...
[1 reply] : Firstly, you should have really put this in the "Windows Programming"... (by ajh32)
Best type for text in Win32 API

Hi I'm having real problems with lines of text, getting 'can't convert errors' when passing text ...
[7 replies] Last: I don't know why but it works when I do it all in 'LRESULT CALLBACK Wn... (by Bosskardo)
Segmentation Fault

I can't work out why I get a Segmentation Fault with my C++ program. Could please guide me to an ans...
[5 replies] Last: Huh, I works perfectly for me, I get no errors/seg faults at all on Li... (by thePHPdev)
We need to help with new Tomb Raider engine

Hi there :) Do you know about old Tomb Raider games? If so it would be great. We need to help with ...
[no replies]
Declare class member outside of constructor.

Basically, I need to set a variable outside of the constructor and make it accessible to the entire ...
[5 replies] Last: You cannot define a class data member from a function. (by cire)
by sumsar
linked list

I posted this in the beginner forum but with no luck. Im trying to make a linked list / lobby, but ...
[5 replies] Last: thanks that solved the problem :D (by sumsar)
by ehab93
isPrime fun

can anyone tell me what's wrong with this fun!! it doesn't work with big numbers ! bool isPrime(l...
[18 replies] Last: oh .. it's squrt n . .ok got it (by ehab93)
Interesting dynamic function execution issue

Hey guys, I've got some functions and macros that I want to execute based on a string input that ma...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for the swift response. I'll see how it goes using something li... (by ENIGMAx)
Binary operators

Hello, I've been looking at binary operators lately.. And I don't quite understand some of them.. ...
[3 replies] Last: Oh okay... Thanks! That was really helpfull :) (by thefatshizms)
Equivalent site for c#

- Being that i recently started learning and doing research in c#, i wanted to ask all of you if you...
[7 replies] Last: @Disch, @ResidentBiscuit: - Thank you both for your assistance. (by thejman250)
Correct allocation of memory inside methods/functions

Good night, The problem is the following, I am making a wrapper object of sockets in c++, since t...
[3 replies] Last: ┬┐how does passing a pointer would make a difference? (by ne555)
by nmn
adding floats

Hello All, I am very new at c++ and ran into this problem. pairPercentage = ((float)tempPair/h...
[3 replies] Last: 1.4013 e-44 is a too little value. It does not influence on the valu... (by vlad from moscow)
Pseudo code

Write a program that prompts the user to enter an item#, the program should determine if the item is...
[2 replies] Last: Hey, please try not to double post. This was already posted by you in ... (by ENIGMAx)
Game of Life

Hi everyone, I am struggling to write a program for Conway's Game of life. I am a relative beginn...
[4 replies] Last: You would want to create special cases that target only the boundary c... (by ENIGMAx)
June 2013 Pages: 12345... 29
  Archived months: [may2013] [jul2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.