General C++ Programming - May 2013

"Magic Matrix" Calculations issue

I am attempting to create a program which calculates the product of 4 vertical values in the matrix....
[2 replies] Last: Ahh brilliant of me that was. Yes I will make it pretty once I get ... (by derkthar)
binary number input

I am new to C++ language, could any one help me to figure out " how to take binary number as an inpu...
[5 replies] Last: Here you go. It validates input and formats the output. It's probably ... (by h4ckb0x7)
** operator

A very basic question. What does the ** operator in C++ do? For example: int **matrix; It a...
[2 replies] Last: In a declaration like int** matrix; * isn't an operator, it's a d... (by andywestken)
Sentence Capitalizer

From the textbook: Write a function that accepts a pointer to a C-String as an argument and capit...
[2 replies] Last: Maybe? sentence == '.' Like on line 35 and 41? Edit: Actually,... (by andywestken)
by Daleth
Setting up a makefile

IDE: Code::Blocks v12 Compiler: g++ I am waaaaay out of my comfort zone here. I am trying to write...
[2 replies] Last: Oop, sorry. That was a typo. And thanks. (by Daleth)
Can anyone with 64bits computer help out?

I am currently studying a Stanford course by myself for fun. It provides executables containing samp...
[2 replies] Last: hmm, there aren't any sources to the homework problems, except for the... (by andrenvq57)
Faster memcpy routine

//It can be further enhanced by making it 64bit. unsigned long copy_linear(void* read,void* wri...
[11 replies] Last: OP will not be able to produce code faster than standard strxxx(), mem... (by Duoas)
by Daleth
"Translation" vs. "Compilation" unit

Which is the correct term? I've seen both thrown around, but a couple times I see people correcting ...
[2 replies] Last: The definition is pretty much unchanged across C and C++ language defi... (by Cubbi)
Using Char in a Menu/While Loop

Hi guys I'm working on a project that uses type char instead of type int to make selections in a men...
[1 reply] : Lines 30 and 52: They will always resolve into a true statement. The "... (by Daleth)
rename all files in a folder

Hello everybody! I need help I want to rename all files in a folder (exactly I want to change extan...
[1 reply] : $ ./a.out FILE*.CHK int main(int argc, int argv){ for(int K=1; K<... (by ne555)
Help! Random number generate

Is it possible that have a function or class can generate independent random number . And I can use ...
[3 replies] Last: using rand() is not exactly independant. There is Mersenne Twister. (by DeXecipher)
a more manual use of glut?

Hey guys, I've been having an issue with glut and have looked around and still cant seem to figur...
[1 reply] : You shouldn't have a problem using the keyboard from glut using glutKe... (by mik2718)
Linked List Sorting Algorithm

This is the algorithm I have so far and it works great. I was wondering what other people think?? Co...
[14 replies] Last: You could just 1. allocate an array of Node pointers of size length 2... (by mik2718)
Reading Multiple text files

Hi, I want to know how to read multiple text files in this program... I have 5 text files(order1,o...
[3 replies] Last: Hey I also have another problem can you pls help me with that. I anot... (by naveen19)
ifstreambuf_iterator Problem

#include <algorithm> #include <iostream> #include <iterator> #include <vector> //============ W...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you all. I used a binary file and only passed values through a l... (by knowNothing)
sos who can help me ......

i dunno the significance of the following code , look at the following...code #include <ystdex/co...
[6 replies] Last: ah its a predicate sorry. Try to make it a function ptr instead of a r... (by DeXecipher)
Question about custom allocator?

I want to see how the STL containers manage their memory. So I write an Allocator that inherited fro...
[6 replies] Last: rebind converts an allocator for one type to an allocator for another ... (by Cubbi)
by plexus
"datatype" auto

When I first read about the new "datatype" auto in C++11 I was like WHAT??? You kidding, right??? ...
[12 replies] Last: > to prevent horribly long lines of code. Yes, that. Also, to write e... (by JLBorges)
by dem7w2
Passing a polymorphic array entry

I'm having an issue during the linking stage of the .exe during compile time, and it's because of a ...
[1 reply] : A bit more stumbling around and I figured out it wasn't a polymorphic ... (by dem7w2)
by xxeus
How to create auto clicker+typer in C++ ?

Okay so what I want to do is :- Create a program that can, say for example, switch to an already op...
[1 reply] : I need to know how to control the mouse Emulate mouse messages: http:... (by MiiNiPaa)
May 2013 Pages: 123... 47
  Archived months: [apr2013] [jun2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.