General C++ Programming - May 2013 (Page 2)

Parsing through large data sets

Hi everyone, So I'm attempting to write a program that will parse through a large file (genome se...
[5 replies] Last: std::vector<bool> optimises space but compromises access time. 1G is ... (by kbw)
Templated function error: no matching function for call to

Hiya all I posted to fast ... I figured it out, Sorry! Still learning and have not got to template...
[2 replies] Last: # g++ -v Using built-in specs. Target: i386-undermydesk-freebsd Conf... (by SloppyJoe)
implementation of function in BST to return parent with biggest son/sons

I got a code of a BST and i need to create a function that will return the value of the parent that ...
[1 reply] : guys please help - i am absolutely frustrated with this question (by Netanelwallach)
by grubby
need help in stack and queue!! please

Hi,I am a c++ beginner. I am using vs,and I got a problem in my code which check a sentence whether ...
[7 replies] Last: while ( character != '\n' ) { if ( character != ','&& character !... (by abhishekm71)
by Daleth
Clarification on the usefulness of the "!!" idiom (1,2)

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1310344/why-use-when-converting-int-to-bool In the comments be...
[24 replies] Last: @ helios I try to read and understand your posts (not always successfu... (by buffbill)
by andmon
How to get Numerical Hessian from alglib

Dear all, Is there a way to get the value of the numerical Hessian at the minimum (using BLEIC al...
[no replies]
Review My Code and Progress

Hello Guys I am new to this forum so if I have broken any forum rules in what I'm doing then I do...
[7 replies] Last: const int FORCE_EXIT = 1, NO_FORCE_EXIT = 0, ENTER_INF... (by closed account o1vk4iN6)
Simple Movement

So I've been making this game and its done actually but the problem is when I hold down a key it goe...
[4 replies] Last: That's because of the repeat. Like how you hold down they key 'd' in... (by BluRezZz)
I just need to learn how the for loop in the function in this code works to find the lowest value in the array.

I need help in understanding how the function in this program knows the lowest value in a array. Ple...
[7 replies] Last: So that means that when the function finds 3.0 > 1.5, this updates j a... (by Dave Jones)
Code cleanup

My primary function is about 1000 lines long. But I have to create two configurations : Debug & Rele...
[6 replies] Last: Works for me. Thank you - I appreciate it! (by Kikiman)
by Numeri
Calling all Instances of an Object (1,2)

So I am wondering how I would go about calling a function for all instances of an object. I tried go...
[22 replies] Last: Ah, I was under the impression that the static container was always al... (by LB)
by Daleth
Constructor Confusion

I have this return as follows: /* Clarification - ExtensionType is a strongly typed enum ...
[18 replies] Last: I'm not really sure either, but once I'm finished fixing all the typos... (by Daleth)
Problem after user input

hi guys how are you,, I have a problem in my prpgram if anybody can fix it for me please, i shall be...
[3 replies] Last: For character literals i use STRLEN() function and then to convert it ... (by junaidkhan2013)
easiest way to link modules in Codeblocks?

I find myself in a position where I am repeating the same pattern of, write shared lib, compile, lin...
[1 reply] : taught myself a solution. (by DeXecipher)
What kind of knowledge will I need for...

If I want to be able to convert a .bin file into a .ecm and vice versa. Or an .bin into an iso. I'm ...
[8 replies] Last: it seems some of that is way beyond my understanding right now. (by DeXecipher)
by JDOdle
My if statement is being ignored!

My program is supposed to go through each character in a string and check if it is a number; if so i...
[2 replies] Last: 0 <= numValue <= 9 is wrong.First only 0 <= numValue is analised. ... (by francilio)
Automatic Storage within Scope

Hi there, I encountered a funny problem and don't know what to make of it. The following code all...
[3 replies] Last: There's a famous SO post about this http://stackoverflow.com/a/6445794... (by Cubbi)
codeblocks stopped working, why??

I am doing a homework assignment for data structures involving ASCII font art and when i build and r...
[3 replies] Last: you are missing a brace before main. You use the arguments passed to m... (by Yanson)
Passing lambda as a template parameter not working correctly.

I've was trying out a function template to automatically get the type of a lambda, but it seems that...
[13 replies] Last: The compiler doesn't have to diagnose undefined behavior That's fun... (by AdrianH)
Need help reading .txt file into binary tree

Hi everyone, I've been trying to figure out how to store values from a .txt file delimited with semi...
[2 replies] Last: Oh, :) seems that your programme that you stated isn't the programme ... (by AdrianH)
May 2013 Pages: 1234... 47
  Archived months: [apr2013] [jun2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.