General C++ Programming - June 2014 (Page 7)

problem with functions

I am new in programming I am learning how to call functions here is my function #include <iostream> using namespace std; string name () { ...
[1 reply] : The problem is that you declared the function as returning a string .... (by Chervil)
by Aarix
Inputting strings in an array (Please help!)

ok this is getting frustrating. I'm trying to have the user enter in a number of lists and have it outputted accordingly. I don't see why this program is crashi...
[1 reply] : Im inputting the string for x correct? No. for(y=1; y=2; y++){ T... (by Chervil)
File Handling

if plz anyone can help me through this . i have to read a particular student data from file using his Roll no and modify it and then save it to file again Plz...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much bro This worked great Thank you very Much (by Salman0349)
make_indices (composition)

Suppose: •make_pack_indices<START, END>::type is the type pack_indices<START, START+1, START+2, ..., END-1> •make_reverse_indices<std::size_t SIZE>::t...
[8 replies] Last: > Is there anyway using c++11 only? Something along these lines: #i... (by JLBorges)
c++ problem

does anyone know how to solve the following questions? 1 - An Internet service provider has three different subscription packages for its customers: Package A...
[1 reply] : Someone can help if you get stuck on the assignment. Just post your co... (by wildblue)
by xystus
Apple Mach-O Linker (ld) Error? what..?

Hi, im getting a really weird error right now, and im unsure how to fix it. Here is my code atm: #include <iostream> #include "All.h" //all stats etc. #inc...
[12 replies] Last: mkay m8 (by xystus)
by truste
Print from a class

Hey guys i wrote this piece of code but i am now stuck because i dont know how to print the elements from my class. For example, how can i print the three eleme...
[1 reply] : as your student members are public, you can simply access them like: ... (by MiiNiPaa)
Pass matrix by reference using pointer of pointer

Hello, i really don't know why has a error in my code, that pass a pointer of pointer (name of a matrix with 2 dimensions). Here is the source code of a simple ...
[6 replies] Last: It works: #include <stdio.h> using namespace std; #define LINHAS 3 #d... (by frycex)
pow function

here is my pow function. I dont understand how come if power is negative it gives the the correct answer, when power reaches 1 shouldn't it give base? why it is...
[3 replies] Last: pow(2, 1) 2 power is 1. 2 (base) is returned. A... (by cire)
game of life

Hello, I am having a problem with my code here. The program does not work properly. I think the problem come from setDimension or the loop. World does not wor...
[7 replies] Last: Thanks for your help and your suggestions, I really appreciate it . No... (by stavi93)
Details about condition variable and wait method

Hy guys, I wanna ask you a question. What happens at low level when a thread call wait method on a condition variable? My idea is that one: There is a token-q...
[no replies]
Find the decrypt function

Hi all.! I am to use this cipher in which the number x is encrypted (a and c are known numbers) Also, what will the decrypt function be? Actually, i do not ne...
[6 replies] Last: OK, finally busted it..!! Thanks a lot...;-) (by Ozymandias)
by vc2
I'm with Some doubts with this Keylogger Code

Hello, guys, I'm with some doubts about this keylogger. First of all, let me introduce the algorythmn. It reads from the Keyboard and save it in a Log File ev...
[5 replies] Last: If you really want to create malware for whatever reason, I should let... (by RealGiganitris)
C++

C++: write a c++ program that will display your name, address and age...pls... help me
[3 replies] Last: tnx po....... (by reinalyn)
percentage from terminal

Hey guys and girls. say I want to update a file but I want to show the percentage when it is being updated. How can I do this? Do I need to use threads?
[2 replies] Last: say I am writing something to a file from my cpp program from struct a... (by csstudent123)
by atac57
CImgIOException : failed to open file

I'm trying to make my own spritepacker by entering a directory path as a command-line argument. In this function, I've saved the directory to a std::string inst...
[1 reply] : Nevermind, was getting the file not the path. (by atac57)
c++ stops reading from file after some lines

I m trying to read structure from the file.But it only reads till the 25th line after that it enters the loop but does not read..what's wrong ?please help... as...
[no replies]
Zany Zack, Arrays, and Functions.

I have been assigned the following problem: Zack the Zany (formerly the Employee of the Month) has been reassigned night duty at Super Club. Zack is back t...
[2 replies] Last: Please don't cross-post to multiple forums: http://www.cplusplus.com/... (by cire)
Pointer Problem(most likely)

Hi, I seem to have a pointer problem in my code(bold) and i hope someone can explain as well as help me fix this problem. Error 21: Fehler: request for mem...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks EssGeEich it seems i forgot the destructor. (by sabatiel)
by wahhaj
My program is not calculating sums correctly

I am getting this weird error when calculating sums. Here is what my program does: it generates two random numbers and then randomly puts either an addition or ...
[2 replies] Last: I had a hunch that floating point numbers might run into such a proble... (by wahhaj)
June 2014 Pages: 1... 56789... 21
  Archived months: [may2014] [jul2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.