General C++ Programming - May 2014

Checking if a class is a descendent or ascendent of another class

Trying bool A::isDescendentOf (A* p) const { return std::is_convertible<decltype(*this), decltype(*p)>::value; } doesn't seem to be working (nor does...
[3 replies] Last: Perhaps I can try to combine our ideas. That is probably best, and... (by Daleth)
by leewj
8 queens problem conflict check

Hello all, I recently read up about the 8 queens problem and tried to solve it myself, in C++. I made a class called eq.h, an implementation file called eq.cpp,...
[1 reply] : Use the instructions found here (Algorithm): http://www.math.utah.edu/... (by Smac89)
Two Identical For Loops giving problems

cout<<"Please enter the number of cylinders each disk has: "<<endl; for ( int a = d; d >= 1 ; d = d - 1){ cout<<"Cylinders in Disk "<< d <<": "; cin>>n; ...
[10 replies] Last: You need to the code the enter the number of cylinders. So that part s... (by dhayden)
questions

Hello I have a question about a simple keylogger. Could someone move up the code. And yet I question what the difference between these two keyloggers. ...
[1 reply] : There's a bug at line 105. The condition is always true. This won't w... (by dhayden)
C++ mathematic problem

Hi, everybody So im writting a program that will solve lim functions...(nothing crazy) My problem is how can I make into my cin command to take the whole math...
[2 replies] Last: In addition, you want to take the limit, which means dealing with very... (by dhayden)
Help - class - bank

All the problems are in the line 67 of the main, help me please, I can't find the error. Here there are the three errors that gives the compiler: 1st) err...
[6 replies] Last: Now I've onle one question more, where I've to delete the two pointers... (by jonanderdiez)
Create a process and assign to his a pipe terminal like stoudt

Hi :) I have study that create a pipe and set a terminal of this pipe like a stdout of a process is a way to implement inter process comunication, but how can i...
[2 replies] Last: Sorry,i have not specified that i want to use windows... (by Franconet)
Merge sort between 2 file with thread

// mergefile2norecreation.cpp : definisce il punto di ingresso dell'applicazione console. // // Filemerge.cpp : definisce il punto di ingresso dell'applicazi...
[4 replies] Last: Yes sure,but it is not a real problem..is an exercises. thanks :) (by Franconet)
function-definition not allowed at beginning and expected '{' at end of input

string buildPrompt(void) { int i; int intRatCounter = 0; int intCounter; int intItemNumber; // SCREEN HEADER string strPrompt = "\n ...
[no replies]
Problem with Logical OR in Dev-C++

I keep trying to create a game code in C++. Just a simple dice game, nothing big or bad. Now, I've got the entire code working solidly, except for one thing. Wh...
[3 replies] Last: I see my mistake now. Thank you for your excellent answers! (by ParadoxicalMe)
having issues adding #include <libxml++/libxml++.h>

using xcode in osx 10.8 installed libxml via brew any suggestions?
[6 replies] Last: Yes! my $PATH was loading the wrong directory first. so my brew ins... (by Bdanielz)
by Ashhh
EMERGENCY!! I NEED TO SUBMIT THIS PROJECT BEFORE TUESDAY

"How to create login id and password" somebody help me to fix it because i have to submit this assignment next weeks i dont know how to using passing by value o...
[1 reply] : Does it have to be that code? I mean you don't even use the length fun... (by BHX)
by Latik
How to return value from a while in in any function

Suppose I have the following function containing while loop: #include <iostream> using namespace std; int Loop () { // Local variable declaration: int ...
[8 replies] Last: I based my code off of the desired output he displayed. I passed by re... (by Manga)
by MrPak
No sure how to set up Opengl

I am learning c++ and i would like to try to make a 2d game and I heard that for c++ opengl is the best option .I have Visual Studio 2013 and i am not sure how ...
[4 replies] Last: You're not linking to the sfml libs. For visual studio I just make a ... (by Disch)
Move the first word in a line of text to the end.

Hi, I am working on a bonus question for school. By using #include <iostream> and #include <string>, I need the user to input a sentence getline(cin,sentence...
[12 replies] Last: <algorithm> has std::rotate() to offer. http://en.cppreference.com/w... (by JLBorges)
Does DCI look procedural to you?

I just wrote this on comp.object, but I don't think the group is active anymore, so I post it here, as this seems like an active forum. I started reading abo...
[6 replies] Last: I guess learning more about DCI will have to wait. Cope banned me (I t... (by StedeTroisi)
Creating multiple files using array in C++

I am trying to create n number of files (n being an integer), by passing the name through a character array (and obviously changing its value at each iteration)...
[4 replies] Last: Ya I did. Thanks MiiNiPaa. (by abhinavankur)
Practice Test Problems

These are practice test problems. I don't know how to do them. Any links to websites to help me out would be appreciated. Thanks! 1. void output( unsigned howM...
[2 replies] Last: I edited. Any links would be appreciated. Thanks! (by ANewbToThis)
Need help please!!! postfixEvaluate!!HELP

I'm running this part in a test driver and not getting the right values. SO,i know i have to create an if statement saying... if the first thing in my string is...
[3 replies] Last: [quote=claudilla]what do you mean? could you be more specific please? ... (by cire)
cannot run my code

hi: I am trying an example code from a book (C++Primer. I do not get any error but when I hit the Build and Run option it does not do anything. Could you ...
[8 replies] Last: This is the only code I copied from the book: #include <iostream> #... (by snphilosopher)
May 2014 Pages: 123... 31
  Archived months: [apr2014] [jun2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.