General C++ Programming - May 2014 (Page 31)

Use getline with delimiter?

Hello I need your help, obviously. I'm making a program that converts mores code to text but I have a problem when I have to continue reading after the fi...
[1 reply] : Read whole line and put it in the string stream and then parse it in a... (by MiiNiPaa)
Storing a list of values

Hi there, I'm fairly new to C++ so apologies if this answer is fairly obvious I have a list of integers that i wish to store in some kind of array. Howeve...
[2 replies] Last: Yeah, vectors are much nicer, but if you had to use a primitive dynami... (by closed account j3Rz8vqX)
by vgarza
Passing Arguments

trying to use a void function below. How do I correct scope not declared for numYears and numChildren? 4#include <iostream> 5#include <cmath> 6using names...
[2 replies] Last: For this, it doesn't seem like it needs to be pass by reference as it ... (by danielmtnz)
by sharmd
Help on this Programming Assignment

Programming Assignment: Pizza Box This program will read a typical menu from a pizza store that contains an item name and an associated price. There will on...
[1 reply] : What exactly do you need help with? First Instruction: -Open the fil... (by closed account j3Rz8vqX)
by Cobryn
Need help with a math function on this code.

I'm having trouble with this code for the 20K to below 100k.. I think it's the math but it could be something more simple that I'm missing.. The error is in the...
[9 replies] Last: Never mind... I solved it myself.. After working on it for a while lo... (by Cobryn)
by CRooky
Array project

Hey everyone, I just started working with arrays and I'm trying to get the swing of the syntax still. Can anyone give me some pointers on this one..? I've alrea...
[14 replies] Last: ok I sure will...(= (by CRooky)
by vgarza
Loops

I am working on while, do while, and for loops. The program below works properly until I get to Activity 4. This portion once it is run should read 4 second t...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you both this was very helpful (by vgarza)
iomanip and setw

This is the code I have #include<iostream> #include<fstream> #include<string> #include<iomanip> using namespace std; void main() { ifstream fin; s...
[2 replies] Last: when I add a Left this is what I get Location Chronu... (by owenkmc)
sudden exit

This program I'm working on just exits unexpectedly right after outputting "Expression?" . Any thoughts on what might be the problem? int main(void) { ...
[2 replies] Last: Okay, so I tried two things: 1) I tried changing getline(cin, expr);... (by fizanimtiaz93)
by Mylar
Ongoing Yahtzee program issues

I posted a Yahtzee program about two days ago and modified to work properly. The program will roll 5 dice on command and then ask the user if they wish to rer...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you. (by Mylar)
May 2014 Pages: 1... 293031
  Archived months: [apr2014] [jun2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.