General C++ Programming - June 2014 (Page 5)

Keeping The Output Window Open

Hi all, My program accepts strings, places them in a vector and then "bleeps!" out words of my choosing, in this case, "broccoli". But I'm having trouble keep...
[2 replies] Last: Thank U Stewbond. (by dbrandts)
File Handling and Structs

Here I have problem with the delete function i have to delete a student's record whose roll no is given but my delete function does not work fine ........ ...
[12 replies] Last: Thank you Very Much Bro I'm Gonna Try that and hope it will work (by Salman0349)
"std_lib_facilities.h" not working

I have recently started learning to program with C++ using the book Programming, Principles and Practice Using C++ by Bjarne Stroustrup, Second Edition. Early o...
[8 replies] Last: does mingw not have a 4.9 port yet? (by Little Bobby Tables)
by vtk
inputFile is transfering over into the array and showing but is dissapearing when the rest of my code is opted in

#include <iostream> #include <fstream> using namespace std; typedef int GradeType ; float findAverage (const GradeType, int); int findHighest (const ...
[6 replies] Last: yeah the code is different now than the one i posted and runs fine, im... (by vtk)
How do APIs callback to class members

I've been creating an API and I'm now stuck on callbacks. There are many APIs that allow callbacks to class members(e.g. Windows API) using a void pointer to th...
[6 replies] Last: The API needs to be compatible with many different compilers and not ... (by Disch)
by jazz77
Top-Down Approach

I need help with a problem and to put together a program solution. problem solving, arithmetic operations with parenthesis in expressions, and with the use of...
[no replies]
2 errors the moment I start a new project, LNK2019 and LNK1120

I just started a new project trying to do my work, but I get 2 errors right off the bet. The 2 errors are: 1. error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _m...
[1 reply] : you need a main in your project (by Little Bobby Tables)
by loyola
C++ help i'm lost?

dealing with Scope of Function practice. #include <iostream> using namespace std; void Function_One() { cout << "You are in Function_One." << endl; ...
[2 replies] Last: That question doesn't make any sense to me either. The function defin... (by IWishIKnew)
C++ Arrays,functions Question/Problem

This is the Question: Problem Write a program to find all pairs of integers such that their sum is equal to a given integer number N and the second number res...
[1 reply] : well firstly your thread is "C++ Arrays,functions Question/Problem", b... (by mutexe)
by homing
vector subscript operator overloadig

Hi, To get a value I would always use setter and getter. Would it be much better (performance) to use vector subscript operator overloading? and does vec...
[9 replies] Last: For maps it does add unexistent elements to it. For vector it is just ... (by MiiNiPaa)
Recursive modification of map

I am having trouble with recursively modifying a <string, int> map (NCPB) -- when I call for what should be existing values in the map, I get "junk" values back...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks everybody; I'll give that a try. (by sicilicide)
forensic tool

Build an automated forensics tool. This could be to grab volatile evidence from a MAC or a Windows machine. It could also be to collect GPS evidence from mobile...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks Canis (by dangutdavid)
reference count of an object

Hi, I have a question regarding reference count of an object. How i'll be able to know that how many pointers are pointing to my object.....
[3 replies] Last: As I said, there is no way. It is technically impossible to make refer... (by MiiNiPaa)
simulating the square() function

Hi all, I have the following exercise to complete: Implement square() without using the multiplication operator; that is, do the x*x by repeated addition (s...
[8 replies] Last: I would also use a nested for loop But that's horribly inefficient. ... (by Chervil)
compilation problem

sir/madam i have written a programme in dev.c++ then i went for compilation,it asked where the programme file has to be saved. i entered the location and th...
[1 reply] : YOU CAN'T USE A PROGRAM? HOW CAN YOU TRY TO PROGRAM? (by iQChange)
Creating non-text readable binary files

Hi guys, i've google everywhere for this topic but didnt find a suitable answer. I'm currently trying to create binary file will not be able to be read as texts...
[3 replies] Last: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XOR_cipher Or http://www.boost.org/doc/li... (by MiiNiPaa)
Help c++ number combinations

how to get all the possible combinations for 4 digits from a 5 digit number. i need a pair that has both 5 digits and four digits. their sum must be equal to a...
[2 replies] Last: -ask for user input num -if num < 10000 or >= 100000, ask again -loo... (by prestokeys)
Issue with svd_econ() function from Armadillo library

Hi, I'm new to C++. I have an issue with the svd_econ() function from the Armadillo library. I ran the following code on Visual Studios 2012. I'm trying to fit...
[no replies]
OpenGL - Draw on top of image

This is my first time using opengl and I am experimenting with adding/drawing polygons/points/etc. on top of a PPM image. The image is already loaded when the a...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks guys (by Binarydude87)
Sort and Sum

Hi.! can anyone tell me what is wrong with this function.? double sort_sum(std::vector<double>& vec) { std::multiset<double> mset(vec.begin(), vec....
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/set/multiset/erase/ the range is [)... (by ne555)
June 2014 Pages: 1... 34567... 21
  Archived months: [may2014] [jul2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.