General C++ Programming - June 2014 (Page 4)

Amortization of 500,000 loans

I am brand new to this forum and to C++. My task is to find a quick method to calculate the cash flow on nearly 500,000 loans. However, this problem cannot b...
[9 replies] Last: @AIa43 That code isn't efficient. It'll probably crash due to that st... (by Avilius)
Error: Debug Assertion Failed

I'm able to build my program w/o any errors, but when I go to build it, it gives me an error.This is the output from debug: 'ThomasAlet_HW3.exe' (Win32): L...
[1 reply] : File: c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio 12.0\vc\include\... (by keskiverto)
Libcurl Implementation Question

Greetings. I'm working in C++ for the first time in several years and am trying to create a simple program that uses the libcurl library. Unfortunately I seem...
[no replies]
by xystus
Making a crit strike?

so i have my program: void FightStart() { #ifndef __combat_test__HuF__ #define __combat_test__HuF__ #include <iostream> #include <cmath> using nam...
[5 replies] Last: I suggest to not use random_device before checking it entropy(). For ... (by MiiNiPaa)
by xystus
Variables creating in void to use in other voids?

so im making an app thing and basically what it should be doing is creating 12 different variables (about) and outputting one var/another var. but whenever i te...
[8 replies] Last: The below would end properly when your new hp was set to or below 0. P... (by closed account j3Rz8vqX)
sqlite3 and C++ : insert user values

Hi everyone, I'm trying to insert into the database I created, values entered by the user. But I can't find how to insert them it looks like this //Go for t...
[12 replies] Last: Try to use stringstreams. Looks like it will be easier for you: #incl... (by MiiNiPaa)
How do games change the meshes at runtime?

Right, I'm making a game and I'm not sure how I'm going to do this: On Skyrim (for example; there are thousands of others), when you equip a helmet, it appears...
[2 replies] Last: Okay thanks (by Irrelevant Elephant)
by Vorp
Deleting linked list nodes recursivly

Hello all... I was looking around the forum for other similar problems but I didn't find anything so I decided to post. I am creating a Linear linked list i...
[2 replies] Last: Wow...I am quite new to most of this, and I thought that when head is ... (by Vorp)
match word to definition hangman game

Basically I have a text file called words. I'm supposed to extract a word randomly from the file and have the user guess the word according to the definition. ...
[1 reply] : Instead of line 25 write: getline(inFile, definition); (by coder777)
hangman definition game trouble

Basically I have a text file called words. I'm supposed to extract a word randomly form the file and have the user guess the word. If they guess the word correc...
[3 replies] Last: @cire Thanks so much for the input, it worked correctly. One more q... (by closed account L092y60M)
by brishi
Program in C++

i want to make a code in c++. To find a particular word repeating how many times in a string. For example-> Enter a string-> mynameisnamebutnonameismyname...
[4 replies] Last: Well, post the Java version and we'll help you move it to C++. We can... (by kbw)
Help in File Stream and searching a book in my program

void displayAdmin() { //this will display if admin is chosen int choice; do{ cout<<endl; cout<<"\t\t================LIBRARY===========...
[1 reply] : Formatted input (operator>>) reads space delimited values. So if you e... (by MiiNiPaa)
undefined reference to WinMain@16

hi everyone! i have a .c file that i can compile without any errors but when i wnat to run it with "dev" it says "undefined reference to WinMain@16" and doesn't...
[3 replies] Last: and it gives u a .c file Correct. Then you are supposed to include th... (by MiiNiPaa)
Program got crashed on compiling

Hi! all I'm working for implementing the binary search tree .Everything looks fine but on compiling the code , the program got crashed . code : #incl...
[1 reply] : Your insert function does not use parameter q, trying to insert into r... (by MiiNiPaa)
C++ runtime error

Dear all, My problem is: I built a c++ code for simulating a communication network (using OMNeT++ discrete event simulator) until there is no errors an...
[1 reply] : Without knowing anything, I would guess that dup() allocates an object... (by helios)
by J4ke
Organizational System Giving Errors

I'm making a game with the following class structure: GameControl - The class that actually runs the game, with a while(!closed) // run the game loop. St...
[1 reply] : because of the preprocessor directives preventing classes from being ... (by coder777)
Error in iterator declaration with typename map<A,B>

I'm trying to make a silly function to show the content of maps as follows: template<typename A, typename B> void show_map(const std::map<A,B> &src) { fo...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you everybody; it worked! (by webkage)
Where to Start Learning to Multithread

I am a fairly new C++ programmer and I just learned of the existence of multithreading and what it does. Where can I start learning about it and get a good unde...
[1 reply] : http://solarianprogrammer.com/2011/12/16/cpp-11-thread-tutorial/ this ... (by Little Bobby Tables)
Printing a character at a certain coordinate

So, in a program I'm making, I have an idea, that I can print the character background first, then print another layer on top of the background. Can I do that? ...
[5 replies] Last: Ok, I see, so can you explain IsKeyPressed() and GotoXY(), and Finaliz... (by greenleaf800073)
by brsk
Exporting from C++ Builder to Excel

Hello guys. Hope you can give me some advise on this. I'm currently trying to export some information from a RAD XE3 C++ Builder app to Microsoft Project 201...
[6 replies] Last: I'll try that. Thank you Stewbond (by brsk)
June 2014 Pages: 123456... 21
  Archived months: [may2014] [jul2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.