General C++ Programming - March 2019 (Page 6)

by bj96
C++ Solver

This is my first computer science class and I am completely lost. Write a C++ program call QuadraticSolver that prompts the user for the coefficient of the quad...
[7 replies] Last: You need to declare the functions consistently (they should all return... (by dhayden)
bring life into an old “object-oriented, C++ to openScad university projec

I’m trying to bring life into an old “object-oriented, C++ to openScad university project, that has been asleep since 2013. It was meant to give us a progra...
[5 replies] Last: One thing I have found helpful in situations like this is to enable a ... (by AbstractionAnon)
Need help with std::map function

I am having a really hard time understanding how to use std::map. In my program below, I am placing elements from vector elementList that could quality to be th...
[8 replies] Last: Dang, I need to sleep more. My brain is going stupid. (by Duthomhas)
by whduer
Need Help Computing Day Of Week

Hello, I'm having trouble seeing where my code is going wrong. I'm new to C++ so I might be missing something really obvious, but I doubt it since I've asked my...
[6 replies] Last: Did you chekc the formula in the link you mention as "problem source" ... (by MikeStgt)
by leemr
ZLib To Extract A Zip

I am learning C++ and want to use zlib to extract a .zip file. I am lost on how to do this and would love it if someone could provide some guidance for me :) h...
[1 reply] : zlib by itself does not support .zip files. However, Gilles Vollant... (by mbozzi)
Arrays

I have an assignment that says "Write a program that puts random numbers in the range 0 - 9 into two separate arrays and stores the product of the parallel elem...
[6 replies] Last: Sure. but lets help him a bit anyway. First, I have to advise agains... (by jonnin)
by Grime
Related to Polymorphism/Templates

I have a parent_class which has a lot of child_class(es). The parent_class defines a function void generate() = 0; which is defined by all the child classes. ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks JLBorges edit: JLBorges your example helped me even more than I... (by Grime)
IEX API in C++

Hi everyone. First of all, I hope i'm posting this in the correct forum. I'm fairly new, so please let me know if I sound like an idiot. I'm currently wo...
[1 reply] : Well I found this after a brief search. https://github.com/Chudleyj/IE... (by salem c)
Basic Expert system project program for finals

I need basic format for where the user will be greeted with. The field is about medical and I have reference guide for where I need to make the AI ask and answ...
[14 replies] Last: it's not complete really complete yet, as I have said I still have man... (by zephile)
Replacing NaN Values

Hey guys so I have these text files that I populated with data from reading and storing values from a CSV. Now I have to "Clean" the data by replacing missing d...
[2 replies] Last: Try this piece of code bro void nantoZero(string &line) { string z... (by nicholasjb1996)
What is the difference between unique_lock and shared-lock?

As far as I can tell, only one unique_lock can be associated with a mutex, while several shared_locks can be associated with a common mutex. Why is this useful?...
[1 reply] : Apparently to allow simultaneous (shared) read access. Writers must us... (by keskiverto)
CONNECT 4 GAME

For one thing, you don't initialize your tab array, so the contents are undefined causing all locations to be displayed as |2|. PLEASE ALWAYS USE CODE TAGS (th...
[no replies]
Is there a standard way to spawn another process in C++?

I have a C++ app and would like to run another process by its side (multi-tasking). I know C functions exist for this. I was wondering if C++ standard libra...
[6 replies] Last: would like to run another process by its side (multi-tasking). If yo... (by keskiverto)
unknown regex error

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::regex_error' what(): Unexpected end of character class. Knows someone when this error will be th...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, you're right, there it was. I had the std::regex objects cons... (by nuderobmonkey)
by dipiet
Roman Numeral program

Hello to anyone! thank you for any help! Write a program that accepts a year written as a four-digit Arabic ( ordinary) number and outputs the year written in ...
[3 replies] Last: @dipiet, Find the number of thousands, hundreds, tends, units, by succ... (by lastchance)
by queue
duplicate

duplicate
[5 replies] Last: Man, I need a way to keep track of all the hit-and-run doofuses (doofu... (by salem c)
reading in a binary file, creating a vector

hello, i think my first issue is creating a vector in a class...with what i have now something is going wrong with the access i think, i need shipWeapons to be...
[2 replies] Last: If you mean how do you format your code you put it between "code tags"... (by dutch)
passing/returning functionals by value ?

I am trying to understand the extent to which lambda, std::binding and std::function can be passed by value and used outside the context in which they were cre...
[2 replies] Last: Excelllent! Thanks for taking the time to respond. These are very neat... (by CABrouwers)
by nmn8
help write c++ code

#include <fstream> using std::ifstream; #include <map> using std::map; #include "tokens.h" using std::cin; using std::cout; using std::cerr; using s...
[1 reply] : We can see that 'in' is a pointer: istream* in; We can't see the dec... (by keskiverto)
by biya
deleting words from array

hi i want to write a program that allows me to delete words from an array one by one but i dont know how to do it can anyone help me
[1 reply] : What's it an array of? string or char? Either way, the short answer i... (by Repeater)
March 2019 Pages: 1... 456789
  Archived months: [feb2019] [apr2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.