General C++ Programming - May 2014 (Page 27)

errors in basic_string.h with compiler setting -std=c++0x

Using Code::Blocks as IDE and GNU GCC Compiler, when I use the compiler setting "Have g++ follow the coming C++0x ISO C++ language standard [-std=c++0x]" when ...
[5 replies] Last: > how do I tell my IDE's to use the new version instead of the old one... (by JLBorges)
check if my program is correct

I have to make a c++ program who determining the number of: 1. Characters A character could be any alphabets, digits, punctuation marks, or special ...
[5 replies] Last: That just reads until the delimiter is found(in this case it is the de... (by giblit)
can't find my error !

I have to code a simple program who determining the number of Characters (A character could be any alphabets, digits, punctuation marks, or special , Operators...
[4 replies] Last: Read it character by character using while (inFile.get(text)) instea... (by long double main)
by ASQ19
Quick Help with loop modification

I need to modify the "second if statement" in the code shown below as follow: I've 350 values for vp and idx, and would like to calculate Vp2 (tmp+) at each i f...
[no replies]
Binary search tree menu help!!

If anyone could help me i'd really really appreciate it how can i make this program menu-driven? a. Add a nodes b. Walk the tree (list the nodes) c. Find ...
[no replies]
I am creating a Tic-Tac-Toe game...

It is almost complete! The only thing left that I am trying to accomplish is to initialize all of the elements of the array with an "*" symbol. //*********...
[no replies]
Returned Temporal Objects's Lifetime

Hi, What does the C++ standard say about returned temporal objetcts's lifetime ? For example, in this code: #include <iostream> // Object cout, ma...
[1 reply] : [quote=DavidIRE]What does the C++ standard say about returned temporal... (by Cubbi)
by mjj
Class member function calling external function with another class member function as an argument to the external function

This is my class: class Exact : public Solver { public: Exact(); Exact(const Exact& orig); virtual ~Exact(); void solve() override; pri...
[3 replies] Last: > But fn() could not use any non-static data members of Exact class t... (by ne555)
can you explain this

#include <cstdlib> #include <iostream> #include<iomanip> #include<cmath> using namespace std; void mysort(int vallist ){ int i,j; int temp;...
[6 replies] Last: #include <cstdlib> #include <iostream> #include<iomanip> #include<cmat... (by chris100)
Interesting programming projects (advanced)

I've been surfing the net for good programming projects for a week. I've found that most suggestions are not "fun to work with": reverse a string, tic-tac-toe, ...
[no replies]
by heepoo
some questions about AngelScript, if anyone used it

hi all, i'm developing a game engine for visually impaired users (firstly myself), to help them develop audio games this application is open-source and i want...
[no replies]
addition

okay this is pretty simple. I have this program thats supposed to add a number to all of its precedents. so if the input was 5, it would add 5+4+3+2+1 and give ...
[9 replies] Last: thank you everyone, really helpful! (by josepho16)
Windows Forms C++

namespace WindowsFormApplication1 { using namespace System; using namespace System::ComponentModel; using namespace System::Collections; using namesp...
[no replies]
Another programming problem

I've been assigned the following for my C++ class. Some help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance. a) A gym club keeps information on the name, height,...
[4 replies] Last: If you haven't learn to use data structures or dynamic memory and arra... (by Mizfizz)
back_inserter: Why is std:: not required by compiler

I am learning about iterators, I noticed that even though back_inserter is in the std namespace, the following code is allowed by the compiler. #include <iostr...
[2 replies] Last: OK, Thanks a lot! Learnt a new concept (ADL)... (by abhishekm71)
Saving and reading data from a text file

Hi, I have been asked to create a banking program in C++, however i have been told that the data such as the account details (name, address, balance, id) needs ...
[no replies]
by mora15
Modifying a Two-Dimensional Array Program

//Introductory20.cpp - displays the contents //of a two-dimensional array, column by column //and row by row //Created/revised by <Miguel Mora> on <5/4/2014>...
[1 reply] : Let's think: if I have a bidimensional array and each one have 4 integ... (by iQChange)
How to get source code from the web

Hey, I am making a game and want to make an updater that grabs the source code from a page on the web. Can this use things that are available to all platforms? ...
[1 reply] : Use Boost.Asio or Qt (cross platform). You can also use WinAPI or ncur... (by iQChange)
point me in the right direction

Can anyone post a link of where to learn strings really well? As many as you can please.
[2 replies] Last: http://www.mochima.com/tutorials/strings.html https://stdcxx.apache.or... (by JLBorges)
by mora15
Camel Casing

Can i get help doing a function that, given a string with the name of a function, returns a new string with the name converted from underscore-separated style t...
[2 replies] Last: One method would be to use std::getline with a delimiter of '_' th... (by giblit)
May 2014 Pages: 1... 2526272829... 31
  Archived months: [apr2014] [jun2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.