General C++ Programming - May 2019 (Page 6)

Invalid Inputs in Switch and If statements.

I'm writing a program where there are switch and if statements. The characters that the statements require in order to proceed are either F,I,A (and their lower...
[1 reply] : You should "terminate" the program by designing the logic flow to reac... (by Ganado)
Accessing bytes of a .bmp image

Hi! I want to get an unsigned char array of bytes (and if possible, width and height)from a Bitmap image using "Windows.h" functions, like FindResource, LoadRes...
[8 replies] Last: One more word. I just had a look to the source of Emu42, https://hp.gi... (by MikeStgt)
Does Libcurl work with Javascript or does it only work with HTML

I need to write a program in c++ that downloads webpages and then parses them and only keeps the necessary information. Libcurl seems to be the most popular way...
[1 reply] : libcurl is only an HTTP/S client, not a web browser. It will download ... (by helios)
Event COM client C++

Hi, I need to develop in C++ event handling of a COM object. I imported the .tlb file and noticed the following definition in the .tli file: // _IEvnt: Idi...
[no replies]
by montra
automatic display switcher to internal

hi I 'm beginner . I want to program automatic switch display mode to internal. My program is: 1. read display mode (internal, clone ,...) 2. if display m...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you dear Duthomhas . I solve it and creat final c++ file. Your h... (by montra)
by kavala
Pointer to different data types (1,2)

I have a program using a camera to capture images. I want to be able to use Mono and Color cameras. Not at the same time. So I have a RGBTRIPLE pointer for col...
[23 replies] Last: Jonnin, you were spot on. mbozzi ditto. It took me a while to figure ... (by kavala)
by jmpt
Encrypted password on files

Hello!I have a program that creates encrypted text, and in order to improve security and prevent unwanted readers, I put a password system that writes the passw...
[2 replies] Last: Storing the password decreases security, no matter what you do to it... (by Duthomhas)
Multithreading a loop

Hello programmers, I have started working on multithreading and I am getting a little bit confused. Assuming that I have a huge array of double number, a mil...
[13 replies] Last: Ok... that is interesting. Try O2? What I tested const int N =... (by jonnin)
how to declare class::function in the header file(plz. read)

Hi I want to solve this main function with a different class, I somehow know how to do it but the problem is that how to call int main() { Matrix m1{{...
[2 replies] Last: Nah I assigned the static keyword from the net sorry... (by zaahm18)
Can some help me fix my code Final.cpp

#include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <string> #include <cmath> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; const double FedTaxRate = .08;//...
[1 reply] : Can some help me fix my code Final.cpp Without knowing what it's sup... (by dhayden)
Need Help With a Brute Search

I need help with just getting something to display but I keep getting an error for comparison between pointer and integer. I'll post code below. void find...
[3 replies] Last: && board > board[j-1][k-1] Do you notice any differences between th... (by jlb)
by X2Star
Raycasting Engine

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... I want to make a 3D game HOWEVER i am not very good at 3D modeling and S### like that. So my solution...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for the advice (by X2Star)
A management system program - Difficulty in Data Reading and Data Saving

I am creating a Library Management System in which I am required to make four different type of users, - Admin - System User - Librarian - Student I m...
[1 reply] : You haven't shown the addStudent() method, but I suspect it does NOT a... (by dhayden)
GCC 9.1

gcc-announce: C++17 support is no longer marked experimental. ... and the C++ standard library support is almost complete.
[8 replies] Last: Thanks, JLBorges, for the update. (by George P)
Need recursion??

Most of the time, this function (below) works to find a word in a Boggle type grid. The times it doesn't, is when the same letter from the searched word, is loc...
[5 replies] Last: @dhayden It would probably be faster to check if the word is in the ... (by whitenite1)
void functions

How do I code this void function and then return to the main function? When I tried doing void DisplayLargestAvgArea(...) { double largestAvgArea = 0.0 ...
[10 replies] Last: I figured it out. Thanks for your help, people! (by gongong)
Array C++

I am trying to "display the contetns of the array one character at a time using a simple loop" Now to display an array, you have to have a capacity that the num...
[1 reply] : have a capacity that the number given to it is the bytes in total. ... (by jonnin)
Nested std::initializer list problem

I wrote this code here: Matrix::Matrix(std::initializer_list<std::initializer_list<int>> matrix) { std::vector<std::vector<int>> mat = matrix; Rows = matri...
[9 replies] Last: Is there other methods? (by zaahm18)
When using recursion, is it possible to remove unneeded function calls from the stack?

When a function is called, the call will be pushed on to the stack along with any member variables. In recursion, function calls will continue to stack on top o...
[4 replies] Last: All major compilers perform TCO. They are pretty good at it, too. How... (by Duthomhas)
by c1010
Problem: Analysis of Financial Time Series: USD/EGP Exchange Price

The daily USD/EGP exchange prices are available over the period from December 1, 2016 to April 21, 2017 in the file : “USD-EGP.txt” ). Assuming that the ave...
[5 replies] Last: You might get more interest by using [c ode] tags around your code. ... (by salem c)
May 2019 Pages: 1... 4567
  Archived months: [apr2019] [jun2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.