General C++ Programming - November 2017 (Page 16)

i/o stream iterators

Hello, Please take a look at the example code below: #include <std_lib_facilities_4.h> using namespace std; int main() { string from, to; cin >> from >> ...
[11 replies] Last: What answers? Chervil has explained the program completely. And when... (by MikeyBoy)
even and odd digits in an integer

could someone tell me how can I separate digits from an integer and determine if the digits are even, odd or zero?
[4 replies] Last: #include <iostream> using namespace std; void classify( int n ) { ... (by lastchance)
Function system

Hellow, When we use function system("ps -aux | wc -l"); to x =28. As it does not use function system("ps -aux | wc -l"); it returns x = 38867. Which is the co...
[1 reply] : Your question is not clear. Nevertheless, why do you spawn several p... (by keskiverto)
Cannot Call Another Function with Function

So basically I am trying to finish this program where I have to submit a phone database. Overview: What is this assignment about? You have recently started a...
[4 replies] Last: Read http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/113904/ (by keskiverto)
by barryo
C++ Build Issue

Learning C++ on my own at home using Code::Blocks and online tutorials. All was well ( 2-3 weeks )until started getting error messages (below) during build pro...
[2 replies] Last: The error is saying that there's an instance of your program still run... (by helios)
Comparing two strings with another string

1.Take input for universal set as a string from console U={1,2,9,56,a,Z,99.5} //how to read the string by ignoring {}, etc? 2.Take input for another set A as a...
[8 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <set> #include <iterator> #include <algo... (by lastchance)
by i773
Trying to Include source and libraries for nmake but it's not building

I'm trying to build a Qt project in nmake (I have an original plugin that I have extended with Qt) I'm trying to include my projects source and header files but...
[no replies]
std::move() gives error "invalid use of void expression"

Hi ppl :), I have a vector of unique_ptr and I am trying to move them to another array but getting the error "invalid use of void expression". I searched over ...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks @Cubbi and @helios for pointing out the mistake and clarifying ... (by kapil2905)
Understanding

int i; for( i = 0 ; i < str.length() ; i++ ) ans += ascii_to_bin(str ) + " "; cout<<ans<<endl<<endl; string asci...
[2 replies] Last: 01101010 is 106 is j in the ascii table. its just converting binary ... (by jonnin)
by Elsino
C = Malloc copy elements of array put it to another array

So i Have an array with words and i want to search and find to that array for example words that have 5 letters, so I can copy them and put them to another dyn...
[1 reply] : pointer_dest = 0; //this variable can be a pointer or just an array.... (by jonnin)
Implementation file issues

This is my implementation file for Class Line. The class essentially finds the equation of a line given 2 sets of coordinates. It has various member functions t...
[1 reply] : If m1.x+b1= m2.x+b2 then x=(b2-b1)/(m1-m2) and the y coordinate follow... (by lastchance)
About finding a coordinate

HI,I am new to C++programming.I would be grateful that if someone can give me some hints about my problem.Because I have no idea about how to write this pro...
[2 replies] Last: Do you consider -3 to be prime? If not, can x1 or x2 be negative? What... (by Duthomhas)
HELP! Printing out each characters of an array?

The Program will input a first and last name into one variable – using getline Determine the length of the name and store the results in a variable. Using a...
[1 reply] : #include "std_lib_facilities.h" int main() { string name; ... (by bradltr95)
by sry90
linker command failed with exit code 1

Hi, I'm currently working on this code, but it keeps on giving me this error:"linker command failed with exit code 1" and I can't figure out how to get rid of i...
[9 replies] Last: Thanks guys for all the help, the reason why I was getting that error ... (by sry90)
Help with <cmath>

Hello, This is my code. I am trying to average 4 grades, however every time I run the program it does not produce a numeric value. I cant figure out what I am d...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you both for the reply. All the information was very helpful and... (by ajenell)
November 2017 Pages: 1... 141516
  Archived months: [oct2017] [dec2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.