General C++ Programming - November 2018 (Page 4)

good library to learn

Once you know the language what is a good small to medium sized c++ library to learn. sfml and sdl seem much to large to fully understand how its put together f...
[8 replies] Last: thanks for the advice Grey Wolf. I will pick up gamma's book. (by mycomputerisapotato)
How to overload istream operator while using enums?

I'm familiar with how to overload operators using classes, but I'm having some trouble when it comes to using enums as I have never used them before. The progra...
[1 reply] : Something like this, perhaps: #include <iostream> #include <string> ... (by JLBorges)
is the statement correct to generate a 5 digit number? (1,2)

is the statement correct to generate a 5 digit number? num=rand()%1000+10000;
[21 replies] Last: [quote=Peter87]Visual C++ defines RAND_MAX as 32767. One of the reas... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
by helios
Redefining #ifdef _WIN32 into WINDOWS

//In a header accessible from everywhere: #ifdef _WIN32 #define WINDOWS #else //Don't #define WINDOWS #endif //Elsewhere: #ifdef WINDOWS //_WIN32 is definite...
[3 replies] Last: I will never understand that. It's not like this was even a school ass... (by Ganado)
by DellXT
Creating c++ library

Hello. I've faced an interesting task - to create a library for graphical visualization of the console window. I mean that the commands should change the color ...
[1 reply] : What are the error messages ? (by Thomas1965)
How to change a string variable to an array of characters?

How to change a string variable to an array of characters? Sorry for my bad English.
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/string/string/c_str/ (by Browni3141)
i need help with array of searching and sorting

Implement a Bubble Sort. In main, declare an array of 10 integers. Create 3 function to inputArray, sortArray, displayArray In main, call inputArray...
[8 replies] Last: To write your own code from scratch, just follow naively your assignme... (by homy18)
by alreem
anyone know how to write a program

HELP me please to solve this problem using if statement Write a C++ programme that reads a sequence of integers terminated by zero value then finds the per...
[7 replies] Last: anyone know how to write a program Writing a program is easy. #in... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
by YikUTM
Works on mac but not working on windows

Hi, everyone. I am trying to convert infix to postfix using linked list, class and stacks. This program can be compiled on mac and windows but it cannot work pr...
[1 reply] : You’re more likely to get good help if you would be more specific ab... (by mzimmers)
by dr86
Generate random samples from multivariate distribution

Hello. At the link: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6142576/sample-from-multivariate-normal-gaussian-distribution-in-c, a program to sample valu...
[4 replies] Last: Peter, Thank you very much for your help. Line 41 is modified: ... (by dr86)
C++ problem

I need assistance with writing this program. Write this program while the user response is ‘y’ or ‘Y’ -prompt the user to enter a number - If...
[1 reply] : my hint is that your hint is bad lol. char response; //don't need in... (by jonnin)
i need help in algorythm

Hello , I have to write an algorythm which will be able to give me all possible pairs from 1 to N; for exmp. N = 3; the cout must be 1 1 ; 1 2 ; 1 3 ; 2 1 ; 2 ...
[6 replies] Last: it isnt required to use 2 nested loops, but that is the simple way. t... (by jonnin)
by Satan
Is my logic right?

void remove_coordinates(const unsigned int &index, coordinates *&path_array, unsigned int &current_size) { coordinates *new_path_array = new coordinates[c...
[16 replies] Last: Going off the positive end can do the same thing (tamper with other va... (by jonnin)
passing a function to an array.

Removed
[9 replies] Last: Algonology have you ever tried Googling for something related to C++? ... (by Satan)
by lo2
Running out of stack memory according to valgrind?

Hi, So I am currently writing a program, and I have encountered the following issue. When I run my program with "valgrind --track-origins=yes" (after compil...
[11 replies] Last: > Another question will it also make my code run faster using std::vec... (by salem c)
merging two files into third file

Can anyone tell why the last alphabet of both file print twice in third file? #include<iostream> #include<fstream> int main() { char ch1; std::fs...
[6 replies] Last: got it . Thanks alot (by swahajali)
by alreem
need to answer

What si the output of the following code: int vb char dd for (int i= 0; i < 8; i++0 cin >> vb ; for (int i = 0; i <10; i++0 dd ='A" vb = vb --;...
[6 replies] Last: The easy way to check is to write a correct program and put it between... (by homy18)
Website Bot

I’m looking to try and create a bot that can add to cart & bring up checkout on websites before thursday. I have an intermediate understanding in c++, but loo...
[no replies]
Need Help

This is my coding #include <iostream> #include <cstring> #include <fstream> using namespace std; struct records { int Eng,Math,Phy,Che,Bio,GPA; char...
[1 reply] : 1. "need help" isn't a subject title. http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/sma... (by salem c)
Pig Latin Help

edit: I guess long story short is how do you save and detect spaces in a string vector? Because the way I've been trying isn't working. When I test output it ...
[1 reply] : got it. I fixed the vector a bit for (int i = 0; i < str.length(); ... (by arblinked)
November 2018 Pages: 123456... 12
  Archived months: [oct2018] [dec2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.