General C++ Programming - October 2018

class does not a name type error (1,2)

Hi everyone, i wrote my code on visual studio first but i have to delivery my task on GNU mingw. In visual studio code works perfect but when i try code on ming...
[23 replies] Last: Also make sure that .txt file is really .txt not .txt.txt. (by jlb)
by stav
Compatibility between compilers

Hi i recently ran in to a problem where i couldn't link with a library because it was compiled with msvc and i was using mingw gcc. I read on mingw's website t...
[5 replies] Last: Correct, I don't do a lot of shared libs so I forgot that the only "po... (by jlb)
by stav
Undefined reference when linking with glew

Hi I'm using mingw and im trying to link with glew but i keep getting an "undefined reference" error. I first tried to download the windows binaries from glews...
[2 replies] Last: It worked! Thank you so much (i moved the *.cpp part before my linke... (by stav)
String Turkish character problem

Hello, first of all sorry for my english. I want to write a program that prints the number of some special letters in the entered text. For example specia...
[10 replies] Last: arf, thank you. :) (by fukuli053)
Need help with nested lambda exptression

I have here a solution of an exercise from codewars.com which I don't understand. The exercise explination is: Given two arrays of strings a1 and a2 return ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you Repeater! (I got a knot at my cerebral gyri ;) (by nuderobmonkey)
How Can I Write This Program to Create Arrays Using Pointers for Exam Scores?

I have homework that I put off to the last minute, need some help coding this program that is due tonight. I have a very bare minumum skeleton started, but I ne...
[6 replies] Last: You're welcome - glad it helped. (by MikeyBoy)
by stav
Opengl only sending vertex buffer once?

Hi im new to opengl and im trying to make a mandelbrot set visualizer. The only way i can think of to do this is to generate some vertex data that forms a quad...
[3 replies] Last: It confuses me, too (present tense, I still really only know the basic... (by Ganado)
queue of structure with template argument

Hello everyone, I have an issue with a queue of structure which contain a template variable. This is my code : template <typename data_request> //Création...
[6 replies] Last: The simplest approach is usually the best. (by coder777)
working with pixels

I'm trying to draw a horizontal line at the bottom and then create two horizontal lines diagonal creating an equal lateral triangle but I can only make a horizo...
[8 replies] Last: Maybe something like this. #include <algorithm> #include <iostream>... (by tpb)
by Presm0
Books for HQ Video Streaming?

Hello, I'm interested in learning how services like Twitch, Youtube etc. process videos, and in general how video processing works. Any books would be really...
[1 reply] : these services are most likely using off the shelf code to do it. Th... (by jonnin)
String Help

Hello everyone, I am trying to build a simple derivative 'calculator' that takes a string (sinx, cosx, etc...) and outputs what the derivative of the simple tri...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you guys for the speedy responses. I realize now that the proble... (by timjam27)
Recursion Questions

int maxSubArraySum(int arr , int l, int h) { // Base Case: Only one element if (l == h) return arr ; // Find middle point int m...
[6 replies] Last: thanks coder777, appreciate it (by mgraham186)
The code is not working. The trigonometric doesnt go in.

#include <iostream> #include <math.h> #include <conio.h> using namespace std; int main() { float r ; int i ; char ch,cho ; cout << "Choose...
[2 replies] Last: you are confusing printf and cout. printf is a C function and I often... (by jonnin)
by solbin
I want to receive input.

I want to input the value of p2 through the screen. #include "Postfix.h" class Postfix { private: char * expression; int index = 0; public: P...
[2 replies] Last: You might find this tutorial helpful: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tu... (by MikeyBoy)
solve the linear equation

I am trying to solve the linear equation A.x=C. I created the matrix as shown below to find the x. When I increase the dimension (n) to for example n=100000, I ...
[1 reply] : I see no matrix. If you try to input all elements of an nxn matrix wi... (by lastchance)
Function: int findText(const string toFind, string usrStr) always returns 0

Hello. I have a code. My function int findText(const string toFind, string usrStr)always returns 0. Can somebody help me find what I did wrong? Thanks in advanc...
[3 replies] Last: Here is my full assignment Assignment: Text Editor (1) Prompt the use... (by alexsav)
by xari2
Function does not return string

Hello/Aslaam all, i want to convert a string into uppercase letters but the function does not return any values( i guess). I am only getting the answer of th...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you tpb and gandadu...okay i got it tpb.. (by xari2)
by volang
Call the same function, before the first call to it is completed

Hey guys! I'm trying to call the same function, before the first call to it is completed. My program crashes. Any ideas? And is it possible to make each "rec...
[17 replies] Last: A remarkably restrained finish to this thread, I think. Thanks all. (by Repeater)
by Yany
How to synchronize Half Duplex in Serial Port COM using ReadFile and WriteFile?

HI, I'm trying to communicate a PC with a microcontroller through RS485. So this means that the communication is Half Duplex. (must only one direction of t...
[7 replies] Last: Could you please provide me a link about "user mode"?, so I can under... (by helios)
create table

Create an index table (indices are controlled). The idea is to make static tables encapsulated in a function. This is to create a function t () returning a ref...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <map> int& t( int index ) { static ... (by JLBorges)
October 2018 Pages: 123... 10
  Archived months: [sep2018] [nov2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.