General C++ Programming - October 2017 (Page 9)

Append a value to array meaning ?

Please explain me the meaning of the below question. I will solve it myself but just want to understand its meaning. What does "appends a given value to this ar...
[4 replies] Last: Please give some hint how to solve this problem. Approach it in smal... (by Chervil)
Wont compile

#pragma once #include "targetver.h" #include <stdio.h> #include <tchar.h> #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; // ===========...
[no replies]
by zesan
How to handle algorithm ?

Working on it, if not solved I will again get back.
[no replies]
Issues with iterating through a vector of objects

I'm playing around with creating a very simple particle generator. Yet I find that when I store these particles in a vector I'm having issues accessing them and...
[8 replies] Last: You can't pass an std::vector<T>::iterator to std::vector<T>::operator... (by helios)
SDL2 Rendering API combined with Surfaces

Hello everyone! I am creating a game engine with SDL2.0, but I hit a strange problem. When I use the rendering API, create a renderer and start doing stuff, ...
[3 replies] Last: I've solved the problem now, thanks helios for your time. (by goldenchicken)
Does overloaded pre-increment operator return the calling object by reference.

Hi everyone :), I had a small clarification about overloaded pre-increment operator. I am returning the object by reference in the definition for pre-increment...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks alot @mbozzi for clarifying this :) (by kapil2905)
any one help explain how dd this can recieve and answer of 28 than 36 pleas been try half of the day

Suppose the input value for type is the character‘/’. What is the value of value after the following C++ code has been executed? (2) int value = 5; char t...
[7 replies] Last: I've already asked you to use code tags when posting code. Please edi... (by MikeyBoy)
Still on c++ functions pls help

one more help I am Biginner pls bear with me, I am struggling to understand how this arrive at 13 as an answer when u subtitute 2 for a and count will be zero i...
[1 reply] : cout<<a<<endl; u can use this code to show the ans, truncation when u ... (by kelvinsky123456)
const after function name

What does const after the function name Primeter mean here in the below program ? I am not attaching the full code as it was somewhat big. I just want to unders...
[4 replies] Last: through an example #include <iostream> class MyClass { int myp... (by Enoizat)
C++ how to call Arrays out of separate function

My problem is creating a function or storing them in a function but calling upon those arrays to bring into main. So I created the function and started off with...
[2 replies] Last: Lines 16-24: You can't embed a function inside main(). Move these li... (by AbstractionAnon)
ld returned 1 exit status

this is my first time I organized a program into header and implementation files I have multiple classes and global variables when I run the program as one f...
[2 replies] Last: ld returned 1 exit status That simply indicates that the linker ... (by MikeyBoy)
Accumulating number won't accumulate

Hi folks. Before you get the wrong idea, no this has nothing to do with std::accumulate. The assignment I have is about accumulating a number with each entry: ...
[5 replies] Last: I sincerely did not know that. How did you think the compiler would ... (by MikeyBoy)
by csharp
help to do operation on polynomial

Hello, I am trying to write functions to do addition/sub and multiplication of two poly. I searched the web and tried several things which they didn't work out....
[1 reply] : Just add the two polynomials coefficient by coefficient. What's the pr... (by helios)
Comparing words between two files/strings

Hi all! So assuming that i'm only able to use std lib functions and strings, can anyone give any insight on how I would loop through each word of a sentence/str...
[3 replies] Last: Define the functions outside main() , and then call contains_word f... (by JLBorges)
row and columns

how do i put my value in 5 columns, that 10 values in each sides separate #include<iostream> #include<iomanip> #include<cmath> using namespace std; i...
[2 replies] Last: thks (by kelvinsky123456)
Accumulation NAN

Hi, sorry, this is Part 2 of a similar assignment. But there's a couple things I don't understand and Google isn't really helping me and my teacher is the very ...
[2 replies] Last: Ahhh, I see now. I'll read up on that link you sent as well! :) Yeah,... (by Corbenik)
sodoku board PLZ HELP

Hey guys ill put the program i have created below in which the professor gave me a 5 out of 20 because she stated this program does not seem to do what was ex...
[1 reply] : There is a closing brace } missing at the end of your SudokuMain funct... (by Thomas1965)
Are console applications useful?

Hello, I was wondering if "pure" console applications (no platform - dependent libraries that are not in the C standard) are actually useful. If they are use...
[3 replies] Last: Indeed. These babies https://www.top500.org/ are for "useful things", ... (by keskiverto)
by MegsD
use of Library and void

background: intro C++ student. we needed to create a library with the (- void increasing (double& A, double& B, double& C); //Arranges A, B, and C in increasin...
[5 replies] Last: What value does the function increasing() return? None. Why would ... (by keskiverto)
by Kalcor
Finding Inverse of a matrix

Hello, I recently came across this code to find inverse of a 3x3 matrix, and I don't get a few things: #include<iostream> using namespace std; int main(...
[2 replies] Last: the (Index % Number) way of things, what exactly does it do here. I... (by lastchance)
October 2017 Pages: 1... 7891011... 16
  Archived months: [sep2017] [nov2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.