General C++ Programming - October 2017 (Page 8)

c++ help

Traditional password entry schemes are susceptible to “shoulder surfing” in which an attacker watches an unsuspecting user enter their password or PIN numb...
[3 replies] Last: That simply doesn't work. int NUM ; // create array, contents unkno... (by Repeater)
What is the input?

I have a question that is asking what the inputs would have to be for inputs k, n, r to get the output of 2 3 4 5 from the code below. do you know the algeb...
[3 replies] Last: cout << r*j<<" "; Since j increases by 1 each time through the loop,... (by lastchance)
g++ bug?

#include <map> #include <string> void TestTest ( bool call2ndTime, std::map <int, unsigned char> a = {{}}, std::map <int, std::string> b ...
[1 reply] : Use a non-obsolete version of the compiler/library (GCC 5.1 or later).... (by JLBorges)
C++ selection sort issue

Hello.. I am currently having an issue with the SelectionSort function as it is not properly sorting the index.. Any help is appreciated! #include <iostream> ...
[1 reply] : Divide and conquer. #include <iostream> std::size_t position_of_sma... (by JLBorges)
Declaring normal distribution generator in .h file

I have a member function that I want to generate a lot of random numbers, but I don't want to initialize the random number generator on every call to that funct...
[2 replies] Last: > I was thinking I could declare the random number generator in the .h... (by JLBorges)
I need help with my box

I have 70 perecent of the project coded out but i just need help asking the user for each specific function. here are the instructions for further understanding...
[no replies]
Why is my switch case not looping?

This is my first time using the forum so im sorry for the bad format but please if someone can assist me it would be great, thanks. this is my code i want to to...
[3 replies] Last: error: '::main' must return 'int' your inner loop needs the variable... (by jonnin)
Operations on a switch statement

¡Hi guys, I am trying to figure out if I can do operations inside the switch statements since I am trying to do a Calculator program I don't know how to make t...
[1 reply] : See http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/223243/ (by Ganado)
by Clos
display the first n prime numbers

hello i am stuck and need some help. I am trying to make it so it displays the first n prime numbers (starting with 2 and n being user input)to the console but ...
[11 replies] Last: Look at the loop in the isPrime() function. bool isPrime(int k) { ... (by Chervil)
by slei
cpp sourcefile without #include headers?

hey, I've recently worked on a project where i've seen multiple .cpp source files without any header #includes. They have a .h files where everything is decla...
[10 replies] Last: It seems like we use precompiled header files, and we use Jam build to... (by slei)
Running a simple C++ program combined with a web interface

Dear All, I have some C++ code I would like to run on a web server. The C++ code itself is attached in a CodeBlocks project. To run it - add your directory p...
[2 replies] Last: Figures it out - it is certainly possible - a web server normally supp... (by erixliechtenstein)
by mojish
bug or what?

int a=3; int ans=a+a++; output: 7 ------------------------------------- int a=3; int ans=a+a+a++; output: 9 ------------------------------------- int a=...
[2 replies] Last: > why?? Undefined behaviour. See: http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/la... (by JLBorges)
validation on double and string

how to i validate the user's input is double or string? i want know how to validate double from the user's input. #include<iostream> double dInput; co...
[8 replies] Last: With some templating you can get it to work for other types. Better as... (by lastchance)
wont compile

#include "stdafx.h" //#include "Cube.h" //#include <iostream> //using namespace std; // ============ // Constructors // ============ // ===...
[2 replies] Last: In MenuClass::QueryUser, you're missing a } to terminate your switch s... (by AbstractionAnon)
by dan042
Function error

Write a program which will calculate the value of x using the following options x=p(1+k)^r where k =30% of p Enter the value of p and r from the user I wr...
[2 replies] Last: x={p(1+k)^r}; In addition, the ^ operator does not do what you th... (by doug4)
Help Me With This Roulette

hello my name is mike and I am doing a simulation of a roulette .. that is, it is an American roulette .. and this is played by the hours of drawing, these com...
[3 replies] Last: it's not C#, but C++ / CLR (.NET) Ah, OK. Thanks for the correction... (by MikeyBoy)
Filtered Range-Based For Loops

I found myself recently curious as to why the standard library doesn't have a way to filter values from a range-based for loop and decided to have a shot at it....
[7 replies] Last: Boost.Iterator library has facilities to ease the implementation of di... (by JLBorges)
Vectors

I am trying to get my class to go into a vector I am using an older version of C++ and this was an optional assignment what i want to know is what i did wrong a...
[10 replies] Last: Sorry about that when I posted I didnt refresh the page but it works p... (by Shiro12)
C++ array sorting

Hello.. I am stuck on how to get this started. Below is the prompt. Next, you will create another array. This third array has 4 elements, each of which is a...
[1 reply] : This is only a minor complication of previous assignments. It tricks y... (by Duthomhas)
Can someone explain this output?

Hey guys, so I have this code from a question in my book, and i'm having trouble following along it's path to see why the output is 3_1_3_2_4_3_ Could someone...
[2 replies] Last: It's a pretty confusing example, agreed, and it was a multi-part quest... (by Falkner92)
October 2017 Pages: 1... 678910... 16
  Archived months: [sep2017] [nov2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.