General C++ Programming - September 2012 (Page 28)

std::vector<> problem...

Hi, I have the following code: std::vector<ResourceIF> BAR::getResources(Wrapper *wrapper) { std::vector<ResourceIF*> eligibleResources; std...
[1 reply] : I thought by using vector<void*> in selectResources() param list- it ... (by Peter87)
by snig
Need Help ASAP

Hello I'm currently having problems with a hangman application. The application runs perfect but when it prints the text and little picture it seems messy. Is t...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks a lot for the help I heard that NCurse can be used or something... (by snig)
Launching a program then typing to it.

I am currently absolutely new to c++, i did a few tutorials but mostly have fun making random programs to make my life easier - so there is no rush or importanc...
[14 replies] Last: I think I've found an even more reliable method, I haven't tested this... (by Computergeek01)
Why will this not work?

one last problem then if (result >= 0.5){ cout<<"you are too drunk to drive, you BAC is:"<<" "<<result<<endl; cin.get(); } else (result <0.5) {cout <<...
[5 replies] Last: if (result >= 0.5){ cout<<"you are too drunk to drive, you BAC is:"<<"... (by JonasQuist)
Incorrect return months

Hi! I can not to get correct months in this function: strftime(szData2, sizeof(szData2), "%m", localtime(&s.st_ctime)); Sometimes return not correct months...
[1 reply] : If it returns an incorrect month, you have fed it incorrect data. Feed... (by Moschops)
New technique for C++ developing web application

It is basically generate C++ codes from html file automatically. Wish to get it run and make C++ easy for web developing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=...
[2 replies] Last: That cursor is really annoying. (by kbw)
by vw4x4
difference between these ?

1)program 2)module 3)functions 4)a program segment 5)a statement please give some examples for these ?
[2 replies] Last: u would think googling would be easier than signing up to this site, p... (by beakie)
I NEED HELP WITH A STACK UPDATING FUNCTION

Below is my class to create stackType objects, I have a problem in particular with the member function update(). update() is suppose to search the stack for par...
[4 replies] Last: - If found "t" must be removed from its location in the stack and pu... (by KRAkatau)
by kaos51
Converting Base to Base

For my CSC class I have to create a program which converts from all bases to all bases (i.e. bin to dec, bin to hex, dec to bin, dec to hex, hex to bin and hex ...
[4 replies] Last: I hope I'm not giving you the total solution (Well the containers aren... (by Stewbond)
Date setter/getter program

So my problem is I have a really bad professor that isn't really teaching me any code and she assigns this program when I really have no knowledge of c++.. If ...
[1 reply] : This should help you with all of your needs: http://www.cplusplus.com/... (by Script Coder)
still unsolved. help please

1 #include <iostream> 2 #include<string> 3 4 using namespace std; 5 6 class student{ 7 8 private: 9 string name; 10 double ...
[4 replies] Last: int main() { int n; cin >> n; student** x = new student* ... (by kbw)
Quicksort an Array using a function

Hey guys, been at it all day, but I just cant seem to figure out this assignment I have. It's not due for a while but I am almost done. I just need help with qu...
[4 replies] Last: I got it all figured out, man! Thank you so much, I really apperciate ... (by oudavid1)
Making a TCP server safe from crashing clients

I am writing a (fairly) simple threaded Serial to TCP server using the PracticalSockets library. The function of the program is to share a serial port with many...
[7 replies] Last: If third party libraries aren't a problem, I would recommend either bo... (by closed account 3hM2Nwbp)
intro to object oriented programming qn

Objective The objective of this problem is to introduce a simple Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) problem and ensure that students understand the concept of...
[1 reply] : On Line 43 you're trying to use a constructor with no arguments withou... (by Computergeek01)
problem with a funtion in pointer as part of a struct in a class

Hi! ihave the following problem. I have written a class that contains a struct and a function. The struct contains a pointer to that function. This struct sh...
[3 replies] Last: Hi! thank you for your help until now. It has given me some possibili... (by Ingeborg)
Image Filters

I am making a project using visual studio c++ 2008 and i need to use jpeg loading library only. I also need to implement these image filters below to have a sim...
[2 replies] Last: dsp stackexchange would be a good place to ask. You should ask very s... (by htirwin)
Picture resize in borland builder 5

Hey fellow programmers, This is my first post here so I am sorry for anything that might go wrong at first hand. I am supposed to resize a bitmap picture from ...
[5 replies] Last: I haven't looked at your code, but it would seem your problem was that... (by helios)
char variable

how do i use a char variable in an if statement for eg. #include<iostream.h> #include<conio.h> void main() { clrscr(); char a; cin>>a; after ...
[3 replies] Last: no problem (by Zephilinox)
DLLs and the STL (Visual Studio)

I'm creating a simple dynamic link library. I have this: #ifdef BUILDING_MATHHELPER_DLL #define MH_INTERFACE __declspec(dllexport) #else #define MH_IN...
[5 replies] Last: That's what I needed to know. Thank you very much! (by Ebonair)
Convert a Decimal Number into IEEE 754 format [no code please]

Hi, I am trying to code a C++/C program that can convert a decimal integer or floating point number int IEEE 754 equivalent of any binary representation of num...
[3 replies] Last: Well its such a trivia thing to do i wouldnt call it an algorithm. s... (by closed account o1vk4iN6)
September 2012 Pages: 1... 2627282930... 32
  Archived months: [aug2012] [oct2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.