General C++ Programming - September 2012 (Page 26)

by vivmen
C++ Thread pool class

Hi all i am trying to create a thread pool class using c++ i already create one thread pool using boost asio and boost thread however i am trying by followin...
[15 replies] Last: thanks for taking interest. i think ,i am trying to create one objec... (by vivmen)
Visual C++ 2010 errors

I am having trouble with this very simple program. I am using Visual C++ 2010, and i keep getting 2 errors on line 42 and 45 both of which say undeclared identi...
[8 replies] Last: Thank you guys for your help, i couldn't have fixed it without you. S... (by Reaper1)
Overloading functions cross-compiler

This is the code that works fine in VS2010, but returns an error( expected primary-expression before 'char' ) on C::B and wxDev: bool Contains(char* text,char...
[6 replies] Last: OK solved that...Somewhere in the code there was a define for letter '... (by tofiffe)
logout

how to allow a user to logout of the program anytime he wants by pressing a dedicated letter or num?? i want the user to logout anytime during the program.
[3 replies] Last: okay ...thank you (by Adam2012)
by beakie
VC++ Release Build

How do I get it to create one? It's only creating debug builds at the minute. Also, how can I make it the most optimised, minimal size build?
[3 replies] Last: I went to toolbars -> customise ...and added "solution configuration." (by beakie)
calling the function dynamically

hi, is there any way to prepare the function call dynamically ? below is the example for the question Ex :: class Example { int a, char c, double d; pub...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks guys for the reply. (by suryakalam)
by vw4x4
cin.get(ch)

1)why do we write cin.get(ch) and not cin>>get(ch)? 2)is cin.get(ch) a single function or a combination of cin and get()?
[1 reply] : 1. Because the second one makes literally no sense at all. 2. get() is... (by chrisname)
cin.get

whats the difference between cin.get(char) and cin>> char?
[4 replies] Last: With the caveat: what is guaranteed by the standard is that we can put... (by JLBorges)
Need Advice as a Beginner in C++

Hello Forums I am 17 years old and a senior in high school. Allow me to explain my situation. Thus far, I have taken three years worth of compsci courses in hig...
[16 replies] Last: [quote=iHutch105]To be honest, I think that Stroustrup's book and the ... (by BHX)
by beakie
Multiple Inheritance (1,2)

I have a struct with multiple inheritance. struct RS_A { int count; }; struct RS_B { int * values; }; struct RS_AB : public RS_A, RS_B { };...
[35 replies] Last: Then I shall say thank you for all your help and bid you a good day, S... (by beakie)
DOES THIS MAKE SENSE?

Hi everyone, As a school assignment, I've been asked to implement the following member function of the QueueType class. template<class Type> void QueueType<Ty...
[2 replies] Last: Perhaps he wanted you to use it for swapping the two queues? Or maybe ... (by closed account zb0S216C)
MY PROGRAM CRAHES AND I DON'T KNOW WHY?

MY PROGRAM CRAHES AND I DON'T KNOW WHY #include <iostream> using namespace std; template<class Type> class queueType { public: queueType(int ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you Moschops. I made a silly mistake there. the statement should... (by ayanda83)
OpenGL error: Unhandled exception at 0x02c6ee05

When I try to create some variables (array of GLfloats, not sure about other types), I get this error: Unhandled exception at 0x02c6ee05 in gltools_4.exe: 0x...
[2 replies] Last: It's shaderManager.UseStockShader(GLT_SHADER_IDENTITY); , but when yo... (by ben1996123)
Random String Generator..

I made this Random String Generator, because most generators on forums are not very well written.. I don't claim this to be perfect, any criticism will be appr...
[no replies]
by Disch
Crazy VS2010 Express error

So check this out: 1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: mapblock, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------ 1> mapblock.cpp 1>c:\...path...\mapblock.cpp(91): fatal...
[no replies]
by mono
error LNK2019

#ifndef STATS_H // Prevent duplicate definition #define STATS_H #include <cassert> #include <iostream> namespace CISP430_A1 { class statistician...
[2 replies] Last: ok I see, thank you (by mono)
algorithm doesnt work on some inputs need help!

Problem: A number 'i' is a magic number if for each digit 'j' in the number, there are exactly j occurences of it. For example, 1 is a magic number since there...
[4 replies] Last: thanks alot athar and vlad from moscow. exceeded integer limit. i conv... (by james16)
Create a directory if not present..

I created a 'Sudoku' program, that can load and save the game boards. I have it to look in the path of the game, and save into the sub-directory, called "SAVES"...
[13 replies] Last: @kbw I used your method, and the program compiled with just one warni... (by whitenite1)
by vijkrr
Friend and overloading

Hi, I got the assignment as following questions. 1. What is difference in overloading a operator with friend and without friend function?? 2. thread sa...
[5 replies] Last: Use a std::mutex (C++11). Wazzak (by closed account zb0S216C)
How to create a simple Robot Program

In preparation for an upcoming robotics competition, your company has decided to showcase its new robot. The competition requires the robot to move on a fixed f...
[1 reply] : Maybe you could start with letting the robot know where he stands: may... (by CodeReaper)
September 2012 Pages: 1... 2425262728... 32
  Archived months: [aug2012] [oct2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.