General C++ Programming - September 2012 (Page 24)

Text to Speech on Mac

Hey guys. I have been posting quite a lot lately as I have been trying to solve problems with this program I have created. It is all done and working now but wa...
[no replies]
WANT TO CREATE MY FIRST GUI PROGRAM USING C++

Hi everyone, I am a C++ student and I have been writing console programs for over a year now and becoming quite good with them. The problem I have is that the c...
[1 reply] : I recommend Qt . They have documentation to get you started, too .... (by closed account zb0S216C)
Need help in deleting threads

Hello all, I want to ask something related to threads. I create a thread from the main thread, say thread1. Inside that thread1, I further create more t...
[1 reply] : WaitForSingleObject(m_hThread1, 50000); (by soranz)
Help reviewing C++ Test

Hi There. This is my fist post. I'm an aspiring programmer looking for a position as a C++ programmer. I am currently an iOS developer as well as having experie...
[11 replies] Last: ///====== Adds an element to the container, constructs it and retur... (by KRAkatau)
getline?

if you are doing something like ifstream categ("category"); categ.getline(hold,100); char tex ; while(){ strcpy(tex,hold); } how do you test when...
[1 reply] : What do you mean? The getline() function reads until the end of file ... (by coder777)
by ojbway
STL Algorithms vs. Custom Algorithms

Hey, I'm working on a simple project, mostly for fun and practice. I wont go into details, but I have come to the point where I need a sorting algorithm. Don...
[4 replies] Last: STL has many sorting primitives, in addition to std::sort() . For in... (by JLBorges)
Over 100 errors, stopping compilation

I'm working on a program to read data from a 3D file, such as a .OBJ file, and render it on-screen. Simple, yes, but oddly difficult. I can read the file with n...
[1 reply] : I get a long list of errors about gl.h redefining APIENTRY and not us... (by ne555)
Find the length of a long?

Is there any way to find the length of a long ? I'm sort of making a library type of program, and the program allows the user to search by a ten digit ISBN. I'm...
[2 replies] Last: unsigned long long get_isbn() { constexpr long long MIN = 9999999... (by JLBorges)
Parse a text in a function

So, I am trying to parse a txt file like: main(){ ifstream tex("te.txt"); stopwo(tex); categ(tex); } But stopwo is going to exit in the middle...
[3 replies] Last: categ() will pickup from where stopwo() left off in your current set... (by ModShop)
Stuck in a while Loop

Hi everyone. I am trying to create a program that alerts you when it is a specific time and seem to have gotten through most of the hard stuff yet I am still en...
[3 replies] Last: Would you happen to know why that is? I know how I would find out. ... (by Moschops)
Url+Buffer problem.

Hello, I need to add a buffer to a specific url to open a page. Here is my code for now: hFile = InternetOpenUrl(hInternet,("www.site.com\"+buffer), N...
[2 replies] Last: thanks a lot man! (by PurpleKush)
Copy data from file.txt into an array

Hi Anyone! I am having a heck of a time figuring out how to copy a data.txt file into an array. I've tried several variations and still cannot accomplish this t...
[4 replies] Last: This makes more sense! I will correct it and see if it works! I believ... (by GalaxyM31)
Get Standard Clock Processor/Motherboard?

if( QueryPerformanceFrequency( &freq ) ) { QueryPerformanceCounter( &start ) ; Sleep( 1000 ) ; QueryPerformanceCounter( &stop )...
[no replies]
IDE SHUTTING DOWN WHEN OPENINNG A PROJECT

Hi everyone, yesterday I downloaded wxDevC++ IDE because I thought it is much better then DevC++ 4.9.9.1 I was using. My problem is that it shuts down when I tr...
[2 replies] Last: It worked. thank you. (by ayanda83)
OpenGL/DirectX w Coordinate

What exactly does the w coordinate do in OpenGL, or DirectX? Google appears to be no help in this situation I have not really understood any of the answers I ha...
[5 replies] Last: Ok I see now, I misread his post. Thanks. (by BrokenSilenceDev)
Sphere-Plane Collision Response

With previous help from people on this forum I managed to find the distance between a sphere and a plane when they collide which I believe follows these steps. ...
[7 replies] Last: The recipe you give is correct provided the plane passes through the o... (by mik2718)
Making a Private Out of Line Function?

Hi everyone, I am having some issues creating a private out of line function in a class. Here is what I am starting with (and compiles fine): #ifndef PH...
[6 replies] Last: Shocking; nobody said anything about the namespace pollution. Wazza... (by closed account zb0S216C)
safe data

i have a C++ program used by two people. the first writes a report (complain for example) and the second one checks the report and reply to that complain. so i...
[5 replies] Last: AbstractionAnon, ur solution is the most suitable for my problem. i wa... (by Adam2012)
I want to download Microsoft Visual C++ 2008?

where to download free, i searched on google but it comes up with different versions like Express, Basic, Studio etc.. i am currently using VC++ 6.. please gui...
[4 replies] Last: Download the Visual C++ 2008 express from the Microsoft's site. It's t... (by CosminNTG)
How to allocate ONE D ARRAY AT RUNTIME

I have an text file which contain integers value. I have made the code to read the file but i am not able to dynamically allocate array and store the value in ...
[6 replies] Last: @Tarun Batra Do you know the range of the values that is the minimum ... (by vlad from moscow)
September 2012 Pages: 1... 2223242526... 32
  Archived months: [aug2012] [oct2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.