General C++ Programming - September 2013

by cdm545
Help with recursive multiplication table

Hey there. I am a beginning c++ programmer and had a few questions on a program i wrote. #include <...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks! (by cdm545)
Guidance Needed With Bubble Sort (1,2)

Hi everyone, My current assignment is to take the source code given to us from the author and to ma...
[23 replies] Last: And you, sir win a cigar. Staring at code for days wondering why thing... (by Jangoon24)
Using Array

Hello I am new to this website and a beginner using c++. I wondering if anybody can possibly help ...
[7 replies] Last: #include <cstdlib> #include <ctime> #include <iostream> using namesp... (by Uk Marine)
Overloading Stream extraction operator

Hi, I wrote a class that can display fractions ex. 1/4 and I cannot figure out how to get >> to proc...
[1 reply] : [quote=InstantDeath]my overloaded stream extraction function: istre... (by LB)
by Ceset
beginning steps of...

hi guys i was taking the beginning steps of making my own window through using SDL2. and just as i ...
[5 replies] Last: yes like @L B said it is preference. i m planning a complex and a big ... (by Ceset)
by VuKid
Vector array suggestions and help...

How would you search in a vector array from a user input string? ex: user input : "Hello" outp...
[1 reply] : Have you tried std::find ? http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/algori... (by LB)
computing the Riemann zeta function

I am new to c++ and taking a college coarse on it. Immediately i need help on one of my labs. I'm su...
[2 replies] Last: i forgot to mention i must put it in a "while" loop, and my prof. has ... (by lookerup)
Please explain this section of code for me :(

Hi everyone, so recently i just started studying some advanced OOP and there's something that i didn...
[11 replies] Last: Well, my fault then. (by EssGeEich)
Pointer Triad Storage: Yes or No?

Alright, I was thingking about somthing... Pointers point to an address in memory. What if I used ...
[7 replies] Last: but, they would have to be... They could be placed in sequential me... (by naraku9333)
by Evolve
Game loop design decision

I have a simple game loop. while(true) { //round initialisation stuff while(true) { //...
[10 replies] Last: It runs forever. Yea, I think you just pointed out the crux of the pro... (by Evolve)
programming exercise

Linda is starting a new cosmetic and clothing business and would like to make a net profit of approx...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks so much Eric. I will give that a try. I may have been making ... (by jrpoorejr)
Negative number check

The code on lines 44-53 is suppose to display a message when the user enter a negative number, howev...
[2 replies] Last: Try to reproduce your problem with a simpler program #include <iostre... (by ne555)
Need help for HTML Codes

Hi im about to begin a self study about HTML Codes. I want to learn where to create it and what file...
[1 reply] : This forum is a cpp forum. While many here may program in html and may... (by roger911)
by gab74
New and delete for multiple instances

Hy all, I've a simple project with 3 buttons the first and second to inizialize a Class the third t...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks to everybody for precious description !! Topic solved ! (by gab74)
huffman encoding

This is our code from a class assignment. I am posting it in case it helps anyone else out. I know ...
[no replies]
Adding total cins entered?

If I entered multiple cin say for variable x, how do I total them all up at the end? Example: x ...
[3 replies] Last: I may be missing something here, and really the explanation isn't very... (by tipaye)
by print
Scrabble problem

hi, i am new in C++, and i have a problem in building my scrabble problem. i was asked to make a pr...
[7 replies] Last: Is there any problem with just putting break in place of the bool = tr... (by JLBorges)
STL map problem! function find()

Good morning, I have a problem when dealing with the map stl library, and It would be great if anyon...
[6 replies] Last: no you shouldn't iterate trough it because map can do binary search w... (by rmxhaha)
Minimize Window

Hello everyone, If I were to make a DLL how would I minimize a window that calls the function withi...
[3 replies] Last: Screw it... figured it out haha. //WINDOW: Minimize Window DLL; #inc... (by FatalSleep)
by ngopza
design patterns in c++

Guys, I have been learning design patterns.We used the Gang of four book, published in 1995.its a gr...
[11 replies] Last: I think design patterns are not all that helpful until you've been pro... (by cire)
September 2013 Pages: 123... 36
  Archived months: [aug2013] [oct2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.