General C++ Programming - September 2013

by Ceset
beginning steps of...

hi guys i was taking the beginning steps of making my own window through using SDL2. and just as i was expecting i stuck at some point by taking this error. h...
[5 replies] Last: yes like @L B said it is preference. i m planning a complex and a big ... (by Ceset)
by VuKid
Vector array suggestions and help...

How would you search in a vector array from a user input string? ex: user input : "Hello" output: search vector array and find the line that has the strin...
[1 reply] : Have you tried std::find ? http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/algori... (by LB)
computing the Riemann zeta function

I am new to c++ and taking a college coarse on it. Immediately i need help on one of my labs. I'm suppose to provide an inner loop that computes the zeta functi...
[2 replies] Last: i forgot to mention i must put it in a "while" loop, and my prof. has ... (by closed account ETA9216C)
Please explain this section of code for me :(

Hi everyone, so recently i just started studying some advanced OOP and there's something that i didn't quite understood. Here's the full code: #include <i...
[11 replies] Last: Well, my fault then. (by S G H)
Pointer Triad Storage: Yes or No?

Alright, I was thingking about somthing... Pointers point to an address in memory. What if I used 3 pointers: 2 to mark the first/last nodes, and the third t...
[7 replies] Last: but, they would have to be... They could be placed in sequential me... (by naraku9333)
by Evolve
Game loop design decision

I have a simple game loop. while(true) { //round initialisation stuff while(true) { //capture input, make pieces move, blah blah } } I am f...
[10 replies] Last: It runs forever. Yea, I think you just pointed out the crux of the pro... (by Evolve)
programming exercise

Linda is starting a new cosmetic and clothing business and would like to make a net profit of approximately 10% after paying all the expenses, which include mer...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks so much Eric. I will give that a try. I may have been making ... (by jrpoorejr)
Negative number check

The code on lines 44-53 is suppose to display a message when the user enter a negative number, however, when a correct positive number is entered the message is...
[2 replies] Last: Try to reproduce your problem with a simpler program #include <iostre... (by ne555)
Need help for HTML Codes

Hi im about to begin a self study about HTML Codes. I want to learn where to create it and what file type should I use. Should I use notepad? Also i want to ...
[1 reply] : This forum is a cpp forum. While many here may program in html and may... (by roger911)
by gab74
New and delete for multiple instances

Hy all, I've a simple project with 3 buttons the first and second to inizialize a Class the third to delete pointer. I declare a private variable OtherClass...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks to everybody for precious description !! Topic solved ! (by gab74)
huffman encoding

This is our code from a class assignment. I am posting it in case it helps anyone else out. I know it is a little messy, but it works (had to get it done quick...
[no replies]
Adding total cins entered?

If I entered multiple cin say for variable x, how do I total them all up at the end? Example: x being the variable. cin 45 cin 50 cin 22 The tota...
[3 replies] Last: I may be missing something here, and really the explanation isn't very... (by tipaye)
by print
Scrabble problem

hi, i am new in C++, and i have a problem in building my scrabble problem. i was asked to make a program that will count specific words from the user imput, in...
[7 replies] Last: Is there any problem with just putting break in place of the bool = tr... (by JLBorges)
STL map problem! function find()

Good morning, I have a problem when dealing with the map stl library, and It would be great if anyone could help me solve it. I have this code: public: ...
[6 replies] Last: no you shouldn't iterate trough it because map can do binary search w... (by rmxhaha)
Minimize Window

Hello everyone, If I were to make a DLL how would I minimize a window that calls the function within the DLL? I know I have to use the: HWND hWnd; //What do ...
[3 replies] Last: Screw it... figured it out haha. //WINDOW: Minimize Window DLL; #inc... (by FatalSleep)
by ngopza
design patterns in c++

Guys, I have been learning design patterns.We used the Gang of four book, published in 1995.its a great book, but for some reason I think they don't explain wel...
[11 replies] Last: I think design patterns are not all that helpful until you've been pro... (by cire)
Binary Division

For class I need to write a program that inputs a file (the dividend), performs binary division on the file (using 0x12 as the divisor), and outputs the remaind...
[5 replies] Last: wanna just make a binary clock? ;D There are only 10 kinds of peopl... (by IWishIKnew)
URGENT HELP WITH PROGRAMMMING

Hello i'm new to the site so if i'm posting in the wrong area. i have a programming project for hw that i hae to do. im completely stuck i dont even know wher...
[2 replies] Last: thanks a lot theat helped me. this is what i have so far class BankAcc... (by lovelyv)
by eni001
sorting with vectors

Hello everyone i'm writing a program of a stock market where i read from a file and sort with symbols and percent gain/loss. I have completed sorting with symbo...
[4 replies] Last: [quote=Stewbond]Have you seen std::sort? [quote=eni001]yes i think i h... (by LB)
sorting algorithms

shell sort ,heap sort ,quick sort
[5 replies] Last: 15 Sorting Algorithms in 6 Minutes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPRA... (by andywestken)
September 2013 Pages: 123... 36
  Archived months: [aug2013] [oct2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.