General C++ Programming - October 2013

Need some help with a project please!!

hey everyone. been trying to figure out this assignment but cant quit get it. what i need to do is ...
[1 reply] : I would read the data into a pair of the form <int,string> then I woul... (by Script Coder)
Passing arrays.

Hello, everyone. I am having an error at line 21. Specifically the code where it says "list =x" ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much! (by thiskid)
linux and regex?

so im compiling with g++ 4.8.1 using the -std=c++11 flag, and i may have found a bug. using this cod...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks Cubbi. (by JLBorges)
by jazpen
"Viewing" a Function With Multiple Arguements

Hello. I am making a program and I have multiple functions. for example, it looks like this: func...
[3 replies] Last: You mean... like printing the source code? Like you would actually wa... (by Disch)
pointer trouble!

Hey Y'all, I'm having trouble with this homework problem. I got the first part down which is why you...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks You guys! Really appreciate it!! (by Totes my goat)
by Disch
C++ Unit Testing Frameworks

Anyone know of any good ones? I've used NUnit for C# and python's unittest module. I assume ther...
[2 replies] Last: From my experience (which may be subjective), boost.test, google test,... (by Cubbi)
html parser

Hi everyone, I'm making a program to download the html of a website. There is information within ...
[2 replies] Last: Hi, Unfortunately the website has no API. I'm using libxml2 but I'm ... (by rozick1)
Anything wrong with this c++ code?

I don't know what i'm doing wrong. I did everything perfectly and it's showing massive amounts of sy...
[8 replies] Last: I wholly agree with you there LB. I've never actually took a college c... (by Fredbill 30)
by gemic
Boost serialization

Need some help with my program. Im trying to create a ReadFile function that will read all the info...
[3 replies] Last: Yes it's exactly something like that I'm looking for, but not getting ... (by gemic)
by tegi00
Help with Linked List template testing

We're supposed to test a linked list class template that is provided for us but I'm having trouble f...
[1 reply] : You need to test for two conditions with first(): when the list is emp... (by Albatross)
by AMG
Insane problem regarding variables in an if statement

Hello, im new here and i am having a problem thats driving me absolutely insane. Long story short, i...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks to the both of you. The mistake was so simple yet when looking ... (by AMG)
Odd numbers help

i want know the 5 distinct odd numbers from 1 to 20 the sum of these 5 numbers must be Equal to 50...
[1 reply] : No it is not possible. odd+odd = even odd+even = odd therefore: odd... (by Disch)
Redirecting child process I/O to std::stream

I found out how to do it with Boost, which I'm pretty sure is the closest to a standard-C++ soluti...
[no replies]
Logical Error somewhere?

During the initial period, when the heater is not yet functioning at peak efficiency the heating wil...
[2 replies] Last: intervals looks wrong. Maybe it is. I have no way of knowing wheth... (by doug4)
ambiguous call on overloaded variadic template operators

Hello! When compiling the code #include "tensor.h" int main() { Tensor<2,-2> m = {...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks! Now it's clear how the variadic templates works, the strip fun... (by Viktor Jonsson)
A really simple (for you people) question about "setw" statement.

How many spaces does "setw" statement leave? (more like "How this statement works?") I coded like se...
[6 replies] Last: Good luck! (by ShodanHo)
by Tomhet
Y real 90 degree

ey I made a camera with OpenGL The camera works with adding XYZ directory I need [-90,90] degrees...
[7 replies] Last: I think I finally see. Let me rephrase: You have two positions: Cent... (by keskiverto)
by cody
static_cast

Im trying to swap the values of an integer and a character, however Im not sure where to insert the ...
[5 replies] Last: How about the following: // Program to demonstrate a function templa... (by abhishekm71)
What's wrong with what I am doing?

doing this program for class. it came up with the error message:error LNK2019: unresolved external s...
[2 replies] Last: D'oh! Thanks JLBorges! (by Yifan Shen)
October 2013 Pages: 123... 46
  Archived months: [sep2013] [nov2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.