General C++ Programming - August 2013

[Error] expected unqualified-id before '{' token

Here is the code: #include <iostream> #include <windows.h> #include <winable.h> #include <stdio.h> using namespace std; int main; { FreeConsle();//makes t...
[2 replies] Last: int main; should be: int main() Hope this helped! Edit: vlad bea... (by closed account jwkNwA7f)
Surface Area and Volume project

Hello again, I am wondering on how to stop these warnings from coming up while trying to do another project. I get: warning C4305: 'initializing' : truncation ...
[8 replies] Last: Okay, I'll try to sharpen my skills more by doing that. Thanks for th... (by VincentOrfeo)
SDL help

I am trying to get my keyboard input into a function, so that I can call a function like updatebuttons() and set global variables to 0 if the button is not down...
[4 replies] Last: So is there no good way to take the event loop out of main? (by amir aba)
define variable

Hi my friend....I want to define variable that is in HEX value & has 64 bits.but I dont know what I can use.....I use unsigned long long but it doesnt usefull. ...
[2 replies] Last: #include <cstdint> // http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/header/cstdint... (by JLBorges)
by h4ever
Using GDI to analyze image

Hi, I am not C++ programmer, however came here to ask if somebody of you have experience with programming of graphical programs which can analyse either what yo...
[13 replies] Last: I need a program which enables to enlarge font size and make black ba... (by m4ster r0shi)
Applying Data Types Help

Hello, I'm trying to finish a project that has a 4-digit number multiply each digit together in order to receive a product number. Here is what I have: #incl...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks Vlad! It finally works :3 (by VincentOrfeo)
Problem installing SDL extensions to CodeBlocks

Okay so i starting learning how to use SDL just today, installed the standard SDL library on the compiler. But when i got to the point where I needed to instal...
[1 reply] : Where did you look at how to install SDL under Code::Blocks? (by Mats)
Array in C++ Program Samples

I just try running the sample program from the site below http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/array/array/fill/ I just cut and paste using the IDE (BloodSh...
[2 replies] Last: THANK YOU very Mucho.... (by rosarion)
Problem With Arrays

Help i am having an issue with the output of my program. I am filling a 2-D array with random numbers to represent the temperature for every hour for every day...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you ever so much. It seems that its always something small you ... (by dmkavanaugh1s)
linked list help

my code is: #include<stdio.h> #include<iostream.h> struct node { int info; struct node *next; }; typedef struct node *nodeptr; nodeptr i; nodeptr q; ...
[3 replies] Last: Get out of the habit of using global variables. It may not seem like a... (by randisking)
by Aceix
OpenGl 4.x

Hi all, I just want to start graphics programming, and it turns out that OpenGL is appropriate for me. But the problem is, i am having difficulties in differen...
[7 replies] Last: I'd suggest a book! Although... I'm reading a couple right now and the... (by closed account S6k9GNh0)
Programming Help

Me and my brother both are taking a class for c++. The teacher was going over some bonus stuff that we can use the internet for and said that one way is to put...
[6 replies] Last: Socket programming is pretty much the same no matter what system you u... (by Duthomhas)
Why isnt this line working in my new program?

#include (iostream) int _tmain(int argc _TCHAR* argv ) { int Choice; printf ( "Welcome to Empty Adventures.\n\n" ); printf ( "In this game you will be give...
[6 replies] Last: You may have not just copied it to your post, but there is not a } a... (by closed account jwkNwA7f)
Can you help do this while loop code? PLEASE! :)

Hi Everyone! Can you help me do this program because i am a beginner. =) Here is the sample output: Enter Number: 5 Solution: 5 x 4 x 3 x 2 x 1 Result is...
[6 replies] Last: i agree with @cnoeval. cant you give it 10 minutes to make one. believ... (by Ceset)
short lifetime of object?

Have code std::ostringstream lout; lout << ...; if (curl_easy_setopt(m_curl, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, lout.str().c_str()) != CURLE_OK) //CURLOPT_COPY...
[no replies]
Filter text enclosed in specific tags from a text file

I have a huge text file in following format: {Bunch of text . . } <tag> Text1 </tag> {Bunch of text . . } <tag> Text2 </tag> {Bunch of text . . }...
[3 replies] Last: Filter text enclosed in specific tags from a text file Are you talki... (by andywestken)
Looking for the next step in learning c++

As of a few weeks ago, I started learning the basics from Alex Allain's "Jumping into C++" ebook. I'm just looking for recommendations on what the next step wou...
[10 replies] Last: Also I would advice to read "Data Structures & Algorithms in Java" by ... (by vlad from moscow)
Find largest prime number k of array 1

I'm having this problem. While finding the primes , I do not know how to make it into one array so that...
[7 replies] Last: Are you trying to find the kth largest element in the array? Then j... (by abhishekm71)
Sharing data between 2 files

Hello all, I'd like some design advice. The problem is I have a function which sets some variables and I want to access the variables, but myfunc() is nested to...
[2 replies] Last: My takeaway from this is that maybe you need structure x that's define... (by ciphermagi)
insertion sort problem

the problem here is at " insertionSort in_sort ; " error:no matching function for call to "insertionSort::insertionSort()" what is the solution for that ? ...
[8 replies] Last: You should watch the video here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insertion... (by andywestken)
August 2013 Pages: 123... 28
  Archived months: [jul2013] [sep2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.