General C++ Programming - September 2014 (Page 28)

Open Folders Anywhere

I've been trying to make a program that runs off my external drive which asks for a selection and then a password to certain folders on the drive. The code used...
[3 replies] Last: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/windows/desktop/bb762153(v=vs.... (by mutexe)
Insert char to filename

I have lots of files needed for program named text1,text2, etc. I tried to do a loop like this: ofstream of; for(char i='1';i<'9';i++) { of.open("text"<<i...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks! This worked! (by hakeris1010)
Problem with "Dungeon Crawler"

Hello, I'm having a problem with this dungeon crawler i'm making, First off; I don't get any errors, but it doesn't do what I want. What i'm trying to ...
[1 reply] : You're not checking for the limits. For instance: if(in == S_L... (by coder777)
size of structure pointer

is there way to find the size of structure pointer size? when we tried to get the size of structure pointer will get size of address(@ location) which would ...
[1 reply] : So you don't want the the size of the pointer? If you want the size of... (by Peter87)
Retrieve images from mysql database using mysql c++ connector

How to retrieve the images from mysql database using c++ connector? I am using the mysql server in linux. i need to retrieve the images from mysql database. I ...
[no replies]
Reading lines from a file into an array

I'm working on a few warm-up exercises out a book. The first part of the exercise is to read the lines from a file placing each line into an array. I thought my...
[2 replies] Last: void readLines(ifstream& msgFile, string line , int arraySize) { s... (by monochrome)
Implement a compiler

Hi guys! I want to implement a c++ compiler in a program.Can you please give me a link where I can download a c++ compiler,just the .exe file would be great....
[6 replies] Last: What are the main steps/processes taken during the compilation? Aceix... (by Aceix)
I cant load model and multiple textures with assimp

Hey, english is not my main language ... Ammmm I am learning how to load models with opengl and i've loaded many *.obj models and textures but recently i d...
[no replies]
Deleting a record from struct array

Hello. I want to delete selected records from struct array using cstring reading from files. Here I read my records to stud struct then assign non-deleted to st...
[2 replies] Last: r u Chinese? (by csstudent123)
by zxrp
Saving data from a textfile in a 2D array

Hey guys, I'm making a text-based maze game. I want the user to be able to specify his own direction controlls to move through the maze. If I have a textfile ...
[no replies]
How to add time delay in turbo c++ version 4.5 in windows32bit

hi guys this is my first query..... I usually use codeblocks until my professor gave me a project in which it was mandatory to use turbo c++ so how can I c...
[12 replies] Last: kudos!!! (by shadder)
help with program selecting OS

Hello. I am making a program which needs to do specific tasks depending on OS. How can i make a code like this: if OS=windows {do something} else if OS=linux {...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for answer! (by hakeris1010)
Recommended directory structure for emulator source code?

I'm building an emulator for the x86 architecture atm (running on a Sony PSP). I'm currently using the following directory structure: *** basicio: Basic i/o f...
[no replies]
Online c++ compiler

Just wondering what online C++ compiler you think is best? leave link below
[6 replies] Last: +1 @ideone Aceix. (by Aceix)
by DevTK
Elements of array will be default initialized.

I have a `char*` data-member in a class. I get the following compiler error, the error refers to the char* data member: error C4351: new b...
[1 reply] : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/1ywe7hcy.aspx (by kbw)
Recommendations on how to record data

I have two functions which I am making available to a lua application: register(str name); record(); register will add a column to a 2d data table. ...
[1 reply] : First: better not using a c/c++ keyword (register). Make it more descr... (by coder777)
Binary String?

I'm working on writing a predictor function for descrambling decompressed pdf streams and one of the instructions I am using mentions the use of binary strings....
[2 replies] Last: Well, I know how you felt. I've taken a very long term view of this a... (by dominover)
how to use getopt

Here is my code: #include <iostream> #include <ctype.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <unistd.h> using namespace std; int main(...
[8 replies] Last: > isn't the whole point of the colon to indicate that the argument is ... (by JLBorges)
removing duplicate strings in a vector

Hi, I'm trying to create a database/search engine program and I'm having remove duplicate strings from a vector. I'm mostly just trying to make it so that if 2...
[2 replies] Last: Ok, I completely removed the removed_duplicates() subprogram and re... (by tybalttheappleEater)
Assigning colors to individual characters in an array

My problem seems simple yet has confused me for quite a while. I've seen some help on this site but the closest one that I got to the question was never answere...
[8 replies] Last: Okay, that makes sense! Thank you. One more question: I noticed befor... (by Methodius)
September 2014 Pages: 1... 262728
  Archived months: [aug2014] [oct2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.