General C++ Programming - September 2014 (Page 26)

How does c++ apply in real life?

In my classes, all of my c++ projects have essentially been "If (4+4 = 8) cout >> 'cat'" I've done arrays, functions, input/output, and it's all just algebra. C...
[5 replies] Last: Game development is a great way to learn and home your coding skills. ... (by crexalbo)
Searialize object to file system with char or wchar_t?

I'm in the process of udating a library (DLL) to support unicode. One of the classes in the library gets searialized to the file system (struct below). // Re...
[11 replies] Last: The Unicode/UTF stuff is such a huge mess in C++, it makes you want to... (by LB)
Dynamic Array Memory delete[] issue.

The assignment was to use a dynamic array to display the Fibonacci sequence backwards. Everything works except part of the assignment was to allocate and de-all...
[2 replies] Last: Consider the loop at line 43. The last time through the loop, i==n so ... (by dhayden)
Behaviour Tree

Behaviour trees are only about 10 years old. I was disappointed that not one single example code in C++ could be googled up. A whole bunch of theory and diagr...
[6 replies] Last: oh...ok but you don't have to be a pro to create an article. (by jasonwynn10)
Why doesn't this code work?

Can anyone help please? #include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> using namespace std; void start (int boxes ); void move (int squares , int x, int y...
[9 replies] Last: if it is fixed close the topic unless there's something else... (by jasonwynn10)
How would one go about combining these two programs into one that can...

How would one go about combining these two programs into one that can open the .wav file in windows media player b entering the selected file's name? Program 1...
[5 replies] Last: The string "file" is supposed to be the file name. (by jasonwynn10)
problem with weekday function

I would like to button "Open All" is activated at the exact same time on a certain day of the week, for example every Monday at 8.00am ----------------------...
[no replies]
by Illuk
Appended file path not working

I need to append file path for some particular program. But the problem is when I append it like below, it gets error whether filepath seems to be C:/Users/My/D...
[7 replies] Last: Thank you for all replies.. my problem has been solved. I have already... (by Illuk)
by LB
The inner factory problem

I apologize in advance as this is a rather complex example that I have simplified as much as I can. http://coliru.stacked-crooked.com/a/f81521f4a4bd6d0d #includ...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks, much appreciated! It's better than what I was anticipating. Ma... (by LB)
GotoXY Problem

I created a program in C++. A template of a enrollment form. I can set the first location of the cursor. But I cant reset it whenever im on the other field. ...
[2 replies] Last: It depends. There is a lot of setup needed to do something with any gr... (by Duthomhas)
by zxrp
Struggling with Vectors

Hey guys, I'm struggling with the functionality of a certain function for a program I'm writing, the specification for the function is as follows: name(): Sho...
[8 replies] Last: [quote=AbstractionAnon]It's not. The OP reversed the labels for the dr... (by MikeyBoy)
VGA emulation ammount of pixels before giving the CPU time?

How does software apply getting more colours out of the VGA by changing the pallette during run-time (while the VGA is rendering scanlines)? Do they use some ti...
[1 reply] : Old software would use old API. Old API probably doesn't exist anymore... (by LB)
Namespaces and friends

Are there any special considerations when using friend functions and namespaces? objid.h #pragma once namespace FOO { typedef ULONG objid_t; ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks LB . That fixed the problem. (by AbstractionAnon)
How this program executed? Pls Explain..

#include<iostream.h> #include<conio.h> class add { int num1,num2,sum; public: add() { cout<<"\n Constructor without parameters"; num1='\0'; num2='\0';...
[8 replies] Last: What does b=c.addition(); do? (by keskiverto)
by Kubani
Binary tree class

Hello guys, I wanted to solve an exercise which is as follows. You can look at it here (http://books.google.com/books?id=We21AwAAQBAJ&lpg=PP1&dq=programming%20...
[no replies]
by Jeli
Help. (if else statement)

del
[1 reply] : if (num1 > num2 > num3) else if (num1 > num3 > num2) else if ( num2 ... (by kbw)
LAST ERROR IN PROECT

Hello Everyone! my name is Raymond and I am 16 years old n I live in Kuwait.Our school does not teach us computer in depth so I wish to learn more about C++.Cou...
[4 replies] Last: is it readable now? That's a big improvement - thanks. It would be ... (by MikeyBoy)
Send binary data over TCP/IP

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and this is my first question so my apologies if it doesn't meet the standards. I am writing a client-server program i...
[9 replies] Last: You need that loop with the send too. FILE *img = fopen("img.jpg", "... (by kbw)
One glitch in my program

I am able to do the following program with limitations. I am not able to successfully compare the array with lottery numbers and the array with player numbers e...
[4 replies] Last: Yes. you are correct. I removed it. Thanks. (by nileshjdarji)
HELP ME!!

void Log_In() { system("cls"); gotoxy(30, 30); time_t now; time(&now); printf("\t\t\t\t\t\tToday is %s",ctime(&now)); cou...
[4 replies] Last: stop double posting and read the link i put in your other post. http:/... (by mutexe)
September 2014 Pages: 1... 2425262728
  Archived months: [aug2014] [oct2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.