General C++ Programming - September 2015 (Page 2)

Username and Password program

I am writing a program that should accept value of username and password. The system must check if the entered username and password are valid by checking if th...
[12 replies] Last: This is your program which I ran to make a test. Please note I had to ... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Forcing an action

Could someone explain or link me something that would explain how to make another program open, do something, then close. Example ---- This program opens cm...
[3 replies] Last: Why don't use good old ipconfig | findstr IPv4 in command line? If y... (by MiiNiPaa)
Is multimap the right choice

Hi, I require a container for (key,value)-pairs allowing two actions: * insertion of new entries in the container, * removing of an entry with the small...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks! Of course this is exactly what is required. (by tiloarens)
missing funtion header???

i keep getting an error '{' missing function header (old style formal list?) what does that mean? what am i doing wrong? #include <iostream> #include <c...
[3 replies] Last: It's not just those. And please do not try to post the same problem ju... (by YFGHNG)
no time

i have no time to do this and i have no idea how to separate the parameters to get this to work. if someone finds this to be an easy project can you please do t...
[3 replies] Last: Bro, you're gonna have to start using code tags or people are going to... (by YFGHNG)
Array indexing

I have an array with values ranging from 0 - 100 I need to output these results in this format: >0 : <=9 <=19 <=29 .... <=99 I know I can just co...
[1 reply] : # include <iostream> # include <cstdlib> using namespace std; int ma... (by closed account 28poGNh0)
optional matrix programm not working

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int matrixA ; int matrixB ; int matrixC ; int i, j; void add(){ for( i=0;i<2;i++){ for( j=0;j<3;j...
[1 reply] : [code firstline=71] switch(op){ case 1: add(); break; case 2: s... (by Duthomhas)
Make run faster?

Hello, this program is using merg sort to sort a very complicated data file. This program works beautifully up 100,000 events. ( each event contains lots of inf...
[6 replies] Last: When posting, please put code in code tags. Highlight the code and cli... (by dhayden)
Return Value and Location of function

Hi, I have short questions about part of codes in the program below. (Line number 103) Q1. What does the syntax mean? (Line numbers 171 to 174) Q2. Wh...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you so much MiiNiPaa! (by Deliberation)
Problem with standard deviation

Hi, someone could help me figure out what 's wrong with my function of the Standard deviation? Ps: It doesn't print out to the right result of SD. Thank you.....
[8 replies] Last: I figured out... Thank you. (by closed account 367L3TCk)
Vector and Lists

Here's what I am trying to accomplish with this program : Please write a program to use vector and list to store 10 integers in order (from smallest to large...
[1 reply] : There's a library called <list> as well. Might wanna start with that. ... (by YFGHNG)
Guess the number program

Hi guys, i need your help. I need to make a program that works just like a game, where the program will ask the user to input a magic number then it will ask th...
[16 replies] Last: @LB @kemort Thanks to the both of you. I'll be starting a new thread ... (by abujuguluy)
[help] loan program equation

hi guys I'm new to this forum and this is my first post! anyways I'm having a bit of trouble with this equation that calculates how much one can borrow. I don't...
[2 replies] Last: Presumably you were given the equation using ordinary algebraic notati... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Help with reading a file

So basically, I got a file with the following content in it: 4 //Number of stations Spadina;76 156 //Name, number of student passes, and number of adult passe...
[7 replies] Last: Thank you brother.. I know all the issues which you indicated above..... (by HabibAurangabad)
by Lionel
Logarithm interpolation

Hi All. I am trying to create function which will allow me to make logarithmic interpolation. I can not find such kind of it, but I know that it exists. I n...
[4 replies] Last: Ah...Thanks guys! Example is good. (by Lionel)
NEED HELP :(

can u help me to my project ? i need to run this and to get the output of this, using a class ... do you have any idea ? coz i dont know how how could...
[4 replies] Last: @HabibAurangabad: please don't respond to duplicated threads. The orig... (by LB)
by bahat
program execute but output negative answer

#include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; int main () { ifstream inFile; ofstream outFile; int sa, ...
[1 reply] : Please edit your post and make sure your code is [co de]between cod... (by LB)
Asked but no progress...

Hi guys, So I previously asked this question and the suggestions have not been so clear and I'm too dumb to get that... As my due date is approaching I would re...
[2 replies] Last: You should first study the following functions of std::string and then... (by HabibAurangabad)
C/C++ program to find the minimum jumping length of a jumper without collision with other jumpers

Hi, I am just a beginner with C++. Someone pls help me to get a C/C++ program for the below question. 1. A yard of length 100m with reflector at starting point...
[no replies]
Quick problem - return current element in linked list (one line of code)

Class definition: class List { private: struct Node { int data; Node* next; Node(): next(...
[3 replies] Last: This is means that is a runtime error, and I cannot be certain till I ... (by codewalker)
September 2015 Pages: 1234... 21
  Archived months: [aug2015] [oct2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.