General C++ Programming - September 2015 (Page 3)

by amar27
i'm trying to write a program that gives diamond shape.

hey guys I am pretty new to the c++. I wrote this program which should ask me to input the diamond width and lateral offset and it should then produce a diamon...
[10 replies] Last: LOL :] (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
multi_thread problem

I want to learn thread using C++. I know C++ provide <thread><atomic><future><mutex>, etc to support multi-threading. I use mingw32 with gcc 4.8.1 Firstly, ...
[2 replies] Last: @MiiNiPaa Thank you very much. I will try the wrapper and after severa... (by endlessLearning)
Switch() default

Im confused what is the point of using default in the switch statement instead of using just case?
[2 replies] Last: Thank you so much I understand now thanks! (by Pizza God)
Visualization for Code

Hello everyone, I am having trouble how the code in line number 98 is used in this program. Can anyone show visualization for this code after instantiation?...
[2 replies] Last: Hi MiiNiPaa, thank you so much for your help! (by Deliberation)
Multiplying Huge Binary Numbers Pt 2 (My Code)

So in an attempt to multiply Binary Numbers. Here is what I've come up with... I've tried debugging and it doesn't make any sense why my code won't work. I th...
[6 replies] Last: You, sir, are correct. Lol thanks so much for the help... I was making... (by shamieh)
Switch() over If() statements

Hello, I am quite new to c++ and was wondering what was the advantage of using a switch() statement over an if() statement. Maybe this is due to my lack of unde...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you so much for helping me! Great responses (by Pizza God)
Problem with function, population growth after n years

Hello, For my homework assignment, I'm supposed to write a program that takes the user's input for current population, birth rate, death rate, and number of ...
[4 replies] Last: Ah, yep, that did it. Thanks so much for your help. That important par... (by nicnac225)
Is it possible to do this?

Would it be possible to make a program that when run opens up a program, copy's data, transfers the data, then closes itself. Example --------- I want to se...
[4 replies] Last: There already exist programs that let you see the entire screen of the... (by LB)
Matrix Multiplication

Hi. What's wrong with my Matrix Multiplication program? #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { float A = { {7./15, 7./15, 1./15}, {7....
[3 replies] Last: Okay hooshdar3, I saw your program and I have corrected it, I have som... (by Vibgyor)
counting characters in object of class

Hi! Im trying to write a function that returns the number of characters in the object.. this is the prototype of the function: int Length() So, i cant pass a...
[6 replies] Last: I am having trouble writing the length function for the program...the ... (by sarahmarshall)
by AldenB
Working with files (ifstream and ofstream)...help!

My instructions are as follows... 1) Start a program to work with points. Begin by defining the data type Point that has two coordinate members 'x' and 'y'. 2) ...
[4 replies] Last: I found it! Thank you very much! I could've sworn I looked there thoug... (by AldenB)
by toast9
random number between 0 and PI

Am I writing this correctly? I'm trying to get a random point on a circle by getting a random angle by getting a random number between 0 and 1 then multiplying ...
[3 replies] Last: No. rand() / RAND_MAX — integer division, almost always 0. Do no... (by MiiNiPaa)
cannot find PDB files

I am working on a project for school where we have to fix broken code and I am getting these errors: 'ConsoleApplication6.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Sy...
[1 reply] : > Are these something to worry about No. Just concentrate on debuggi... (by JLBorges)
Switch Statement

Hello everyone, Im a new to C++ and trying to do this project for school, but i am getting this error: Case label 'Area_Rect' not within switch statement ...
[3 replies] Last: Oh wow! I didnt realize the bracket was before switch Thanks for th... (by cvazquez08)
Segmentation Fault Issue

Hello, I am trying to make a program that outputs all lines of code surrounded by "'s. I feel I have my algorithm for doing this, but my program keeps segfaulti...
[1 reply] : You have numerous logic errors. First one, or why .eof() is most ce... (by MiiNiPaa)
if/else prob .. Help Pls!!!!

Using Visual Studio 2013... #include"stdafx.h" #include<iostream> #include<conio.h> #include<string> #include<Windows.h> #include<dos.h> #include<cs...
[3 replies] Last: I just posted this in Beginner and General C++ Programming for better ... (by Swapnil2000)
by JohnP
Do while

can anyone share with me on how to make a do while statement producing the sample output... * * * * * *
[4 replies] Last: Show us you code and then we can help you figure out where you went wr... (by pewterstix)
C++ Compiler Errors

I'm trying to compile https://www.exploit-db.com/exploits/37098/ to test on my WinXP VM but i'm getting the following compiler errors. Any ideas on how i can re...
[1 reply] : Issue solved (not by myself) by using the Visual Studio Developer Comm... (by closed account iEwfjE8b)
by mmmark
Error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol

This is my error output: 1>CustomerSetnGet.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall Car::Car(void)" (??0Car@@QAE@XZ) referenced in fu...
[1 reply] : You do not have Car::Car constructor implemented. (by MiiNiPaa)
September 2015 Pages: 12345... 21
  Archived months: [aug2015] [oct2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.