UNIX/Linux Programming - February 2013 (Page 3)

how to compile cpp program using g++

Hi everyone, I have so many cpp programs. I used makefile to link all object files together. Inside so many programs, it has one program that i wanna run now. H...
[3 replies] Last: In the terminal, navigate to the directory containing your files with ... (by awesomeprograms)
Having problems compiling my .cpp file on a linux machine

For some reason my code is not compiling on a linux server. It gives me several ofstream, ifstream, and fstream errors. It compiles perfectly fine on a windows ...
[3 replies] Last: Hi, Please show us the errors your getting, any compile or linkage er... (by quarkonium)
Serial port NonStandardBaudrate on "FTDI to Serial converter"

Hello. I Have to set a non standard baudrate on my buffalo wzr-hpg300nh (openwrt linux backfire 10.03) with an usb to serial converter. The converter has a FT...
[no replies]
cannot execute binary file

Hi when I run my program, I got "cannot execute binary file". Why is that so? If anyone know, pls kindly tell me. Thanks
[5 replies] Last: and u shouldnt compile as root because then you can only edit and comp... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
display image when received

Hi everyone, I wrote TCP/IP socket programming in c to transfer image from client to server. My program sent image from client to server. After it sent, it save...
[no replies]
what is a .d file?

I found a answer for that post.. Hope will be helpful..... *********** 4.14 Generating Prerequisites Automatically In the makefile for a program, many of...
[1 reply] : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D_%28data_language_specification%29 (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
by rxjmo
C++ GUI and Linux

Hi, I want to make an application to automate some tasks under linux using C++ and GUI API (Qt, wxWidgets, GTKmm) with linux built-in applications such ...
[2 replies] Last: or even just the system function, it might not be "secure" but if you'... (by drew887)
out-of-order udp packets

How to ensure my udp sockets receive all packets in order? Assuming the packets are guarantee arrive in order at the receiver machine, and no packet drop. I a...
[2 replies] Last: As Cubbi said, TCP will do all of this for you. If there's reasons you... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Cannot convert int (aka NULL) to std::vector<double*>::value_type

Hello All I have a compilation error in a very large program. We have managed to isolate the problem with the following test problem: #include <vector>...
[2 replies] Last: Hi Cubbi Thanks a tonne for responding to this. I... (by pilotmm)
by kruszi
emulation of scroolwheel UNIX/Linux

Hi guys, I'm searching for a way to emulate a scrollwheel. Unfortunately I can not use "keyboard emulation" like the up/down keys to scroll. So does somebody ...
[no replies]
by kaidto
Socket Programming?

Hello! I'm trying to start programming sockets, but have no idea where to start from!! There is a lot of documentation, BUT! I'm kind of confused with it. ...
[3 replies] Last: Incredible documentation. Thanks. REALLY, THANKS! (by kaidto)
by sul
Actual memory a program is using

I made a program that uses long lists and keeps on reserving and freeing memory. So the memory I am actually using varies from a couple of MB to a couple of GB....
[15 replies] Last: Look ma, see what all I Rapidcoder has taught me in just one week: 1.... (by JLBorges)
Programming custom USB driver and creating own device

My main reason for doing this is practice. I wish to create an USB button, which will, when pressed execute a command "banshee --toggle-playing" I know so...
[1 reply] : You're going to need a whole heck of a lot of c programming knowledge.... (by shaund1)
by Sucho
Permission Denied in Ubuntu while running a program via Code::Blocks

I've been using Code::Blocks IDE with GCC compiler in Windows 7 without any problem. I recently installed Ubuntu 12.10 and downloaded Code::Blocks with GCC comp...
[2 replies] Last: Try using either $ sudo {the name of your program) when running the ... (by J4ke)
by nawazz
Problem in getting all Section names of Elf File using sprintf()

plz help m only getting one section name from the below code using sprintf i am working on qt creator ..plz help QString set; char xyz ; scn = 0 ; ...
[1 reply] : You could start by reproducing the problem in a small program. How ar... (by kbw)
image frame send over socket in c

Hi everyone, I wanna send single image frame over socket programming in c language. My socket programming is TCP/IP socket programming. I don't know how to send...
[1 reply] : The main thing is that the sender and receiver have a common understan... (by kbw)
February 2013 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [jan2013] [mar2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.