UNIX/Linux Programming - September 2014 (Page 2)

Error - String Compare

What's the problem with this string compare? It compiled, but it didn't do what I expected. void password(){ string fpass; string pass; cout ...
[1 reply] : Print out the two strings so you can see what's being compared, or vie... (by kbw)
c++11 timestamp alternative to QDateTime

Hi, The simple problem of converting a string to a datetime object seems to not have a simple solution in c++11/boost: With Qt is easy: QString s="201401...
[no replies]
Device Detection

I need to know if there is a way to detect what block devices are currently available to be mounted, what block devices are currently mounted, and the type of b...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks naraku9333! (by IWishIKnew)
Questions on implementing function for fibonacci

I am in the middle of an assignment and cannot figure out what it is asking me to do. I have implemented a fibonacci function using recursion without problems, ...
[2 replies] Last: Yes you are right, I have managed to solve it through some internet tu... (by santiagoe)
Forte Compiler 12 with RougeWave

Hi , we are existing moving application from solaris 8 to solaris 10 I am using Rougewave RW_Tools version 10 i have some std::ifstream classes used in the ...
[9 replies] Last: I'd dig through the output of the make process to see if there is an e... (by dhayden)
How to clear screen without system("clear")

How to clear screen without using system("clear")? A solution is std::cout << "\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n" << std::endl; , bu...
[7 replies] Last: I wrote this quick one up to handle it for me. It uses the native apl... (by IWishIKnew)
How to Convert MSSQL to MySQL Quickly and Easily?

Hello, I’m in search of an excellent tool that can convert MSSQL to MySQL fast & with fewer hassles. My current tool is not very user-friendly as I’ve to wr...
[2 replies] Last: convertcsv - is the tool linked in your profile the one you're trying ... (by wildblue)
C++ programming on a Mac OS 10.4.11

Hi, I am new to the Mac OS. And I am a C++ enthusiast. I have no idea how to install packages (found mostly xcode package when I browsed through the internet...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks nice information sharing for you... (by convertcsv)
GNUPLOT HELP!!

Ive just installed cygwin and im having some problems with gnuplot i have the terminal type set to x11 but ive tried png and a few other. With x11 i get the ...
[1 reply] : Do not double-post. You already have: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/g... (by keskiverto)
by geng07
Comparing and Parsing Data from text file

Chervil yes sir I need to read every line from the file, parse it to extract the date field, and then check whether that date is within the specified range, c...
[10 replies] Last: I can tell you that you did not use it the right way. You have been g... (by keskiverto)
why doesn't this work?!

#include <iostream> #include <unistd.h> using namespace std; int main() { for(int i=0;i<150;i++){ cout << "0_0"; sleep(1); cout << "/r"; co...
[6 replies] Last: Use flush to flush the output. Try using '\r' (carriage return) in... (by dhayden)
GCC Liciense

GCC has a GPL license so does that mean whatever i compile most be open source?
[5 replies] Last: Thanks for this post because the whole licensing thing with very confu... (by samthewildone)
new object

I have an object: Ctile tile; And i have a loop: for(int r = 0;r < 50;r++) { } What i want is: Inside the loop, create a new Tile fo...
[7 replies] Last: I'll test here. (by legendarysnake)
September 2014 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [aug2014] [oct2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.