Beginners - August 2013 (Page 45)

Loop Unrolling with Parallel Accumulators

I need someone's help to examine the code I have written below. Please tell me if it is a proper example of four-way loop unrolling with four parallel accumulat...
[2 replies] Last: Ah. So I can take out the second for loop, and just move "*dest = sum ... (by jheard901)
by UnS3eN
Advice needed

Just started learning C++ using Allain's "Jumping into C++". And I'm currently stuck on Chapter 4 Practice problem 1. I've actually done the thing and what is n...
[4 replies] Last: Ok, thx. Will keep that in mind. (by UnS3eN)
by wumly
If statements with words.

So I am trying to make a console game to help me learn C++, but I have hit a snag... I need to use words in an if statement instead of what I have been doing be...
[4 replies] Last: Ok thanks man. (by wumly)
Runtime Error with my .exe

Hello guys I've only been learning C++ for a couple of days and have been following this website's guides: https://sites.google.com/site/thepenguinprogrammer/ ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks a lot! i just got rid of the function all together since it was... (by fine858)
How to selectively choose only numbers greater that 1000 in the array to be used ?

Hi, I am an engineering student who just started my first ever C++ module. I am writing a program that will calculate total tax amount per day and per week and ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! It is working now! (by skippygirl)
by Slazer
std::sort

Having int numbers ={1,2,3,4,5}; can I directly invoke std::sort to sort this array, or do I have to copy these values to some std container (like vecto...
[2 replies] Last: std::sort: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/algorithm/sort/ Note th... (by Lowest0ne)
by qriz75
How to overload constructors

As always thanks for trying to help! I have to create a class called "Date" which will work with a given "driver program" here is the given program whic...
[5 replies] Last: it's supposed to be the class template for the output stream. I tried... (by qriz75)
const unsigned variable

What is a const unsigned variable? This is the first time I've seen it before. It had no explicit declaration whether it's an integer or floating point number. ...
[4 replies] Last: Yes that's what I meant :) (by Nubcake95)
[Noob] Wondering best program to write C++?

Hello, I hope this is the write forum, but I am curious as to what you would reccomend for coding C++? I have a windows PC, so I can't use xCode. I am just l...
[4 replies] Last: @vlad from moscow Did you mean Visual Studio?:) ROFL, my apologi... (by Honor)
calloc and malloc

is there any difference b/w malloc and calloc apart from no. of arguments and calloc initializes zero to every member?
[1 reply] : No there is no other difference. (by vlad from moscow)
Equivalant

Want is the equivalent to this line of code. It gets errors. if (plane == plane[0-i] or plane[i-499]) {
[17 replies] Last: Walk through the code: z = 0; while (z <= 499) { if (I == z) /... (by Disch)
by eyali
Reference aegument

Hi All, Im a little consfused about reference as function argument. Say I have a function foo that takes and int reference as argument. void foo(...
[6 replies] Last: I see Thank u (by eyali)
Overloading input and output op. for pointers

Hey, I need to overload the << and >> operator so that they can use pointers. I am not sure if the question is clear enough. Here is the code I am trying...
[3 replies] Last: Whoops, you actually can overload for pointers because the ostream/ist... (by Disch)
EXE files and program instances?

Very general question. When I have compiled my C++ program into an EXE file I click on the exe file to open the program. What does this do. Does it creat...
[1 reply] : That's pretty much what happens, yes. The OS creates a process and a t... (by ahcfan)
C++ Interpreter for Custom Language Has Stopped Working

I wrote what is supposed to be a custom language interpreter of sorts. The first few commands worked, but then, after I added a few more commands, and had to ch...
[no replies]
Circle-Rectangle Collision

I'm having trouble writing a decent collision detection algorithm for a Breakout clone. Determining the ball's position when the collision occurs seems even mor...
[1 reply] : This article changed my life. There is a section for circle vs rect. w... (by maeriden)
by rey9
using file stream in a linked list

can anyone help me implement file stream in a linked list? here are my 3 files myHeader.h //#include <iostream> #ifndef LIST #define LIST cla...
[1 reply] : You haven't stated what you want to do with a file stream. I'm gue... (by AbstractionAnon)
function as a string??

I am working on a program that needs to request user to enter positive 2 numbers. The following is what my code is currently: #include <iostream> #...
[no replies]
Possible?

Hello world :P Not only is that a greeting but also the limit of my current abilities. :( Here is my situation. I will be starting a new job soon ,...
[5 replies] Last: Hi Zoidberg , i have no idea where to put your code, i have tried a fe... (by drlector)
Help with Functions and Loop (1,2)

Code is working, all outputs are wrong. Please help me correct these. #include <iostream> using namespace std; int sumofpositive (int x) // Sum of...
[21 replies] Last: Everything is working so far... I think. #include <iostream> using... (by Gencaerus)
August 2013 Pages: 1... 4344454647... 51
  Archived months: [jul2013] [sep2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.