Beginners - August 2015 (Page 2)

by sraiwt
Arrays are killing me... Please help!

Can anybody please explain to me why this is working? Using DevC++ IDE with TDM-GCC 4.9.2 int main() { double array ; for (int x = 0...
[7 replies] Last: Read the comments to understand. int main() { double array ; ... (by RizwanAnsari)
by cCj
reference to static function variable

This is quite weird question but is it possible to have a reference or something to a static variable in global function? like this way: #include <iost...
[2 replies] Last: @helios: saying 'no' and then 'yes' at the same time is confusing. @c... (by LB)
by Dazzer
Beginners frustration........

Hi guys & gals, I wonder if anyone could give me some pointers to relieve this beginners frustration?! At the moment i'm going through the learncpp.com tutori...
[3 replies] Last: To create cross-platform GUI applications, you can try https://www.wx... (by Kevin C)
by thor36
Strange behaviour of compiler - project didn't want to build again

Greetings all, I have a strange situation with GCC ARM Embedded compiler, which I would like to understand as a beginner in programming. I hope the issue is ...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you for reply @FurryGuy I suppose it is, because now it built. B... (by thor36)
by Quark
Exception specification in derived class destructors

Hi there, I am reading a book on C++ and I have a problem understanding exception specifiers in derived class destructors. The book defines a class which der...
[11 replies] Last: > Why would one want to declare destructor of an exception class virtu... (by JLBorges)
by samrux
Function template recognizing quoted text as const char* instead of an std::string

I have this (dumbed down) function template inside a namespace M of my own: On M.h template <typename var> void print(int, int, var); On M.cpp (compiling ...
[5 replies] Last: A minor point, but I'd define print(int, int, const char *) and then... (by dhayden)
by SFKZ
Help with VK

I need help with setting up some C++ code Make it so if you hold down Spacebar it spams it using VK
[3 replies] Last: James has right! (by robert172)
by Ananta
Help to use HTML code in C++

Hi.. I'm a beginner level c++ programmer. I want to use html in my program for web. How can I use it?? Please help me as soon as possible. You can sen...
[2 replies] Last: I've sent email to xenonsofta@gmail.com... Regards! (by robert172)
Void Returning Function - Assigning Inputs to Variables

Okay, so I was asked to use functions in order to write a program that prompts the user to enter three different temperatures and then output the average of the...
[2 replies] Last: thank you helios for the clarification! (by rubbertoetpc)
Linked List Sorting

Implement a linked list ADT to perform any 4 types of sorting algorithms on 3 different size of numerical datasets(20, 200, and 2000). The numerical datasets sh...
[2 replies] Last: Hi Daniel, Ask Hammer for answer or google it instead of hoping someon... (by qder12345)
by Atton
substr crash

I've been trying to split a string into 6 parts using substr. For one reason or another I seem to crash the program every time I try doing so. I am a little bit...
[1 reply] : Line 3 is pointless because you just overwrite it on line 4, and you n... (by LB)
Reading a file AND reversing it.

I have a file called numbers.dat, which all it has is a bunch of numbers. The code below does read and display it in order, but what I need to do is to show ...
[3 replies] Last: You want to actually read the file into the vector: std::vector<int>... (by LB)
How can I improve this code?

So I wrote the following program which prompts the user to enter a string. It then outputs the character which was used the most number of times, as well as how...
[10 replies] Last: That output is with your first code. Note that there are two spaces b... (by Arslan7041)
D

Dddddd
[1 reply] : Sorry for a non constructive answer, but I am having a hard time think... (by admkrk)
transform() vs generate()!!!

What is the difference between the transform() and the generate() algorithms in the STL?
[5 replies] Last: Well, no, because a function is not a functor. You could say f is a fu... (by helios)
cout, not working via CodeLite?

So I am using CodeLite, (codelite.org), with the mingw compiler, and cout, nor cin is not working. I tried to add #include <iostream> but it is not found. How c...
[8 replies] Last: Ah yes, James. http://prntscr.com/8afzih It definitely is in there,... (by Speedicus)
Caesar cipher execute something weird

I am writing a caesar cipher program. It can compile but it execute something weird. I have no idea what did i do wrong here, because when I test this part ...
[5 replies] Last: text = text2[text2.size()-2]; //line 85 ¿what's that suppossed to d... (by ne555)
structs + dynamic allocations - output problem

When i try to cout the array after activate the functions. the program is stocked! (you can only see the kid's details). With my best regards :) #inc...
[3 replies] Last: show your actual code. foo.cpp|29 col 11| error: ‘::main’ must re... (by ne555)
by Gherbo
Making my bar graph appear vertically

Hello, I am having a little trouble figuring out how to make my output (the "*'s") appear as a vertical graph. So as an example, if I were to input my numbers l...
[no replies]
gets(arrangement); function on Visual Studio 2015

In school I use Visual Studio 2010 and I have no problem with the "get" function, but I downloaded VS community to practice in my home (as I understand it's VS2...
[3 replies] Last: The string library and getline works (as you say), so Thanks (by Danrock71)
August 2015 Pages: 1234... 28
  Archived months: [jul2015] [sep2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.