Beginners - August 2015 (Page 3)

by Carma
Seg Fault in Double Linked List

Removing code. :/
[4 replies] Last: Sorry, English is not my first language. :/ I added a more detailed ... (by Carma)
checking for dashes in a phone number

Hello everyone, I just got done posting a similar question before and I thought it was all fixed. When I went to do more detailed tests, it turned out that my p...
[2 replies] Last: JLBorges, Thank you for your input. This really helped me to see how t... (by jpanther)
Taking in Two C-style strings and placing it into one 2-d array?

I have an assignment where we need to place two words (separated by a space) into a 2-d array. Since the words are not separated by anything, I thought taking i...
[1 reply] : Please edit your post and make sure your code is [co de]between cod... (by LB)
Reading different things from textfile

I want to read both a string and an integer from a file. This is the general format of the file: String String (arbitrary length and numbers of strings) | I...
[5 replies] Last: good to know, I allways wondered if it works like that but I was allwa... (by Gamer2015)
Aggregation and Composition with Pointer Obj

Why do we use "*" here ? Linea::Linea(const Linea & obj) : inicial(new Punto(*obj.inicial)), final(new Punto(*obj.final)){} and here we dont ? Linea::Li...
[4 replies] Last: Peter87, thanks for your help, time and detailed explanation. (by CJM0929)
by JockX
Combinatorics algorithm for pairing

This is more a general algorithms questrion than strictly C++. I guess the answer is a simple nested loop, but it really eludes me when I try to think of it. T...
[2 replies] Last: That's it. Thanks a lot! (by JockX)
by sariki
Recursion through links list in reverse

Hey everyone, So I have the recursion part down pat! Thanks to everyone who has helped me out over the last few weeks. I have another challenge. I have to cre...
[7 replies] Last: Line 18 has logical error. Why does reverse() return a pointer? Why... (by keskiverto)
using enum

hey der in sfml 2.3.1... i want to use 3 keys in keyboard for the same function..my code below does work but was hoping if there is an easier way to do dis usin...
[1 reply] : You generally should not use isKeyPressed , instead you should listen... (by LB)
Wifi connecter

Hello! I want to make a program, what can connect to my wifi. There are wpa2psk. What kind of commands can i us for it? :)
[1 reply] : Hello, please be more specific. I'm assuming you want to create a prog... (by closed account 18hRX9L8)
by Don12
What is the ~ used for?

I am currently reading a book on coding and they use ~ quite often without ever explaining what it is for. It is usually used to repeat the same exact function...
[3 replies] Last: If it isn't explaining even that, then its probably not a good book. (by Arslan7041)
What software should i use to program in c++ language.??

I am using Turbo C++ V4.5 (TCW) If I am not wrong ! But while making some programs of "Queue" It showed some error which stated that the software met a 'Stack ...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you guys what I infered from your expert advices is that good ha... (by Arya Giri)
Agument to constexpr functions (1,2)

Hello, I'm new into programming and I started to learn about it using the book : Programming principles and practice using C++. Today I'm here becaue I have som...
[21 replies] Last: For example, if it were allowed, this would be well-formed program on ... (by JLBorges)
by bgmnk
Why does this not calculate right?

This is a piece of code that I found that doesn't properly calculate the way it should. Why is this? double c = 20; double f; f = (9 / 5) * c + 32...
[3 replies] Last: So many problems beginners have which involve simple math calculations... (by Michael5)
by Jon15
Passing variables by reference problem

I am having a problem understanding and implementing pass by reference with my function showDegreesK. #include "stdafx.h" #include<iostream> using ...
[15 replies] Last: Thanks for the help everyone (by Jon15)
Problem of getline(cin, <string_name>) in class

Hi everyone, nice to meet you~ I will be very grateful if you help me. these are my following code in my class with the name of song. No syntax error, but when...
[1 reply] : C++: Console User Input Done Right http://www.lb-stuff.com/user-input (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
by suzuka
What is Difference Between C++ and Visual C++

Please clear the difference between C++ and Visual C++. It is confusing me. And should be learn Visual C++ separately after learning C++?
[7 replies] Last: What is the difference between C ++ and Visual C ++? - http://stackove... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
by paler
problem in passing by reference

Hi all, I have a weird problem in my code. First let me share a snippet of my code as below. template<typename T1, typename T2, typename T3, typename T4, ty...
[2 replies] Last: @cire Thanks for your reply. Yes I changed to x.size()-1 and now it ... (by paler)
Debug assertion failed: Vectors iterator incompatible

I'm using VS2013 to work on this program. I'm not using OOP (I'm not coding any classes) so my objects are just structs. There's a struct holding data about a ...
[6 replies] Last: You shouldn't need a special case for the last element, try to provide... (by ne555)
by paler
how to switch between different type?

Hi all, I have a simple question. In a jump condition, how can I switch between types? For example, if I have the following template function: template<ty...
[8 replies] Last: IIRC, in Eigen a Vector is simply a Matrix where one of the dimensions... (by helios)
Dev C++ Help!!

Write your question here. hi guys. i need help with my dev C++ programming. i'm suppose to create a program which calculates the overtime of workers.here's the...
[5 replies] Last: If there a reason why this program has to be written in C? C++ string... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
August 2015 Pages: 12345... 28
  Archived months: [jul2015] [sep2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.