Beginners - December 2013 (Page 61)

Help strings :(

Write a program which prompts user to enter a string of text. Once entered, you need to present a summary of the text in the following manner. Total number of...
[10 replies] Last: I am going through reference first thing tommorow thank you so much (by Sharan123)
Reverse order of an array

I'm getting information from a file and putting it into an array. My problem is after I get this information I have to reverse the original order of the numbers...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! Don't know what I was thinking. (by batulok)
Problems with a vertex

Hello all, I am still trying to write a graph program! Unfortunately, I am not getting the error that name is not a member of listVertex , even though it is (or...
[9 replies] Last: What is the error? (by Zhuge)
by amanuu
Two Dimensional Arrays

I need help writing this Program, Here is the question "Develop a C++ program that will add the corresponding elements of two 2-dimensional arrays X and Y t...
[1 reply] : Yes, and ? What is your question ? (by aleonard)
Finding mean, median, mode (memory leak issue?)

So I've written my code to find mean, median, and mode from a user-created array, but my program keeps crashing before it even reaches the functions to find mea...
[4 replies] Last: Yes, change total to i, it makes more sense ;) (by aleonard)
Weighted Graphs (and graphs in general)

Hi, I'm new to graphs, and I need to build one. The graph is a weighted graph that holds some number of city names with edges linking them together. Each edge w...
[3 replies] Last: Here is how I would write the vertex object #include <list> //std::l... (by Smac89)
buble sorting using clases

i want to know the problem in my code , its not working actually though in my compiler its even compiling the file but real problem lies in the results it just ...
[3 replies] Last: Oups, I'm sorry, no curly bracket missing. But next time, you should f... (by aleonard)
Creating an Invalid message in response to user input: nothing other that whole numbers. Thanks.

Write your question here. Hi, this is a really basic code that asks users to input two numbers (whole and then later fractional) and preforms some basic calcul...
[2 replies] Last: I gave that a try and the program, when run, does not recognize it and... (by lizzy hail)
time in ms since last update

I use this to check the time since the last update: // time since last update float t = ((float) clock() - lastUpdate) / CLOCKS_PER_SEC; ...
[1 reply] : It really depends on what sort of timing you're using to control your ... (by yulingo)
by JordyB
Moving with a character in ASCII ART

Hey I'm a student and I have a little problem. I don't know how I can navigate with a character in an txt file. Some people said to me that I must use GetAsyncK...
[no replies]
Using class variable in a different class

I've been stuck in this for hours now. I'm trying to use the string 'from_file' in the function add() (within another class), but I'm not sure how to go about i...
[3 replies] Last: OK, well since you are creating a Picture_window class in your call ... (by yulingo)
by Adepa
software for supermarket

I'm a beginner to C++ and writing a point of sale software for supermarket. I used if....else statements. If for the shop owner and else for salespersonel. Sinc...
[3 replies] Last: i'm on facebook as "aarajawat" (by NPcomplete)
How to use a while loop to ensure that the program ask the user if he would to continue?

I have 3 questions that I don't know how to do:- 1. void makeJuice(……) To set all the data members(except for price) to the appropriate variables. ...
[12 replies] Last: @studentcpp Oh really? I'm also from Malaysia! :D (by ngbeslhang)
Values Assigned as Characters Displaying as Integers

Is it possible to use two different arrays to produce the following result(with one array being the numbers and the other being the letters)? 98 99 ...
[6 replies] Last: I'm not trying to put a new value into output. You end up changing m... (by heebleworp)
problem initializing loop and returning values rock paper scissors

When i return 0; at the function int userselect (int user, int comp)my output displays twice and when i ask the user to run it again the computers selection of ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you so much ! I got of return all together in my function, remov... (by nateakatexas)
unions, union names, union objects

Hello all. Reading about unions, today. given a general format for their declaration: union union_name { member_type1 member_name1; member_type2 member_n...
[3 replies] Last: _t suffix is commoly used to denote typedef's, the most used commonly... (by NullInfinity)
Overtime Pay

Hello all, I am working on an assignment for school and am a bit stuck. We have to edit a basic pay calculator to include Overtime. And we have to use functions...
[8 replies] Last: Thank you very much for your help! My program builds perfectly now :) (by jstew07)
a function that calls it self

Hey guys , I just made a function that calls it self to return a a power , ex: 2,3 = 2*2*2 = 8 int power (int x,int y){ if (y==0){ return 1; } else...
[3 replies] Last: thanks guys , you helped a lot ^^ (by Cutefriendzoned)
changing from ascending to descending

can someone help me on why this wont compile? // Number Sorter #include <iostream> using namespace std; char menu() { char choice; cou...
[5 replies] Last: could some one tell me how i could change my descending from ascending... (by btickle1)
how to declare trailing return type 's prototype?

All I can do now is to put function definition before main() function. I don't know how to declare trailing return type's prototype. Anyone knows? templat...
[2 replies] Last: > Following the code above, how to declare it's prototype template <... (by JLBorges)
December 2013 Pages: 1... 5960616263... 69
  Archived months: [nov2013] [jan2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.