Beginners - December 2013 (Page 63)

How to initilize string?

I'm getting an error saying to many initializers. I'm aware now that i'm not initializing it correctly; therefore, can someone tell me what or how possibly I ca...
[1 reply] : It should be const string letters in this case. You would then ... (by Hippogriff)
HELP, assignment due in a few hours - Stuck

So i have this .dat file that looks like this kind of: 1101010101 1101101000 0101000110 1000101001 1110011111 1000011100 0100100110 1101000011 10010010...
[1 reply] : 1101010101 1101101000 0101000110 ... is really 1101010101\n 1101101000... (by heebleworp)
Beginner need help with code!!

I have this assigntment and I think I got most of it right but I keep getting an error/warning when I try to compile the program On line 24 I get the error a...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you!! Okay I changed them to doubles and now my compiler doesn'... (by jws1138)
by Komodo
Undefined Error

#include <iostream> #include <string> #include <cstdlib> #include <ctime> void Card1(); void Card2(); void twentyOne(int totalchips); using na...
[3 replies] Last: you tell it which one to use, all you are doing is passing the memory ... (by Parasin)
by hilft
Class/subclass variable question

I had this question in my assignment and I think variable "age" is public, since it was declared as public in Class A. However, I got the question wrong. What ...
[2 replies] Last: Because you are giving Class B private access to the parent class, Cla... (by Parasin)
Wrong output from a file. Help please

I have made the following code here that will read the test scores from this input file here. 34 34 34 234 213 23 12 Please be aware that more tests scores w...
[10 replies] Last: Cire, I have it fixed. I deleted the lines and it worked fine this tim... (by fahmankhan75)
Returns no correct

Not sure why, I'm just trying to test out my program with my print function. If I type in 5.0 for my cost and 5.0 for my tax. It does not return 5.0 but some ra...
[1 reply] : your problem lies in that you are asking the user for the input AFTER ... (by Parasin)
Why no compile time errors?

The following did not create a compile time error, instead it returned a default object and I don't know why. in complex0.cpp complex complex::operator~(...
[5 replies] Last: If you have complex &num then `num.real' is simply a double and the s... (by heebleworp)
by as0re
help making a Text Editor with C++

Hi there everybody, I have been learning c++ for a few weeks now and i am stuck trying to make a text editor. I will mainly want it to be a command-line editor ...
[no replies]
by mgehad
2d Array

Hello , I have the 2d array which is represented as following : 1000000000 1100000000 0111100000 0000111111 How can I traverse through 'one' elements...
[3 replies] Last: Like pointers to the next 'one'. For such a small array, you are wasti... (by Duthomhas)
Expanding my game?

DELETED
[no replies]
Rock paper scissors game using functions??

So I'm working on this rock paper scissors game, and can't seem to get it to function properly! Where are my errors? I've tried several different things and can...
[1 reply] : Lot's of things are wrong here, and I'm not even looking at program fl... (by xismn)
error LNK2001? (1,2)

Ok, so like I recently started learning C++ on my own. It said here about learning how to separate interface from implementation from the book so I did one of t...
[20 replies] Last: This part is somewhat confusing? What exactly is an object? I never r... (by xismn)
not getting any output

i am working on a project for school and i am just trying to get the program to run befor i try to figure out how to make it multiplayer. i got it to debug with...
[no replies]
by StephF
The problem with Tic Tac Toe

Hello guys and Gals! This code is for an assignment for a beginners programming class, so its intended to be simplistic. I have run into three errors as I can t...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks so much! Your input helped me fix problems 2 and 3. Luckily the... (by StephF)
call compute_tax

Hi, Im new at C++, and I do not know how to write a call to the function for my practice sheet : write a call to the function for compute_tax in the main prog...
[1 reply] : Hint1: general outline for a function call: function_name ( argument_... (by heebleworp)
Help with card game please?

I am trying to make a card game in console, and all I am trying to do now is just display 5 random numbers, which are the cards. I have the numbers set from 1 t...
[2 replies] Last: Alright thanks. I did mean % btw, I get them mixed up all the time. (by AceDawg45)
by Edevan
Problems inserting text in a txt file

Hi, im having problems trying to insert a text into a txt file in the end of the text file, example: inside asuna.txt This is the world and im trying...
[2 replies] Last: thank you (by Edevan)
by RabMac
Help understanding how values are assigned in this code.

Hi, I am currently looking at a program and cannot understand how it works as I am still learning about how classes can use functions from another class. I u...
[4 replies] Last: these functions are not needed Yes and no. Let say that you have a ... (by keskiverto)
Loop Troubles

I can't figure out why, but for some reason this loop seems to only ever think q=4. It displays whatever the fourth grade entered for each person is for each of...
[3 replies] Last: Nevermind. I've fixed it. I just needed get rid of the for loop and re... (by castellanspandrell)
December 2013 Pages: 1... 6162636465... 69
  Archived months: [nov2013] [jan2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.