Beginners - December 2015 (Page 3)

struggling with friend class and array of objects

wanna use the array of objects and friend class concept here but im getting too many errors couldnt resolve those please help try to run the code you will get...
[4 replies] Last: got it! (by yash8087)
by Barqu
Looking for some good c++ books

Hi guys I'm currently using the learn c++ using ue4 by William sherif and it's a good book. Thing is I've been given 50 quid for amazon and want to get some ...
[2 replies] Last: Brilliant thanks (by Barqu)
code for generating multiple files with different values from one file

My input file has the following information 10 20 30 100 200 300 1000 2000 3000 The first row represents the word city. ie. city can have possible values ...
[2 replies] Last: Or this, (uses some c++11 syntax) #include <iostream> #include <fstre... (by Chervil)
Need help to change an array to a vector

how can i change this array into a vector, this is what i had originally void set_directions(words *dir) { dir .code = NORTH; dir .word = "NORTH"; di...
[6 replies] Last: Sorry Anthony, I did not get your question on time. But Keannedawg has... (by AMETOPRINCE)
input stream

Hello all. I have a question. I am watching Stanford CS106B C++ class on YouTube. But there is something very confusing. The professor uses the input str...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you (by Aziz as)
Recursion Problem

After thinking so much, i decided to post my problem. My teacher asked us to make a recursion program where we need to calculate base^exponent(not using power(...
[2 replies] Last: @Semoirethe oh ahahah....so thats how it is...sorry for the late rep... (by akckiller312)
Prime numbers exercise

Hello , I am new into C++ and I have a problem which I do not fully understand how to solve . Here is the problem and my incomplete , probably wrong solution:...
[8 replies] Last: Thank you , I got it . (by Ring Nebula 57)
Help with pointer c++

"Write a program to read the path information from a document “path.txt”. The document contains the number of steps and the distance and angle of each st...
[2 replies] Last: Make sure you understand the math needed before trying to code it. Can... (by dhayden)
I can't find the mistakes in the code, plz help.

There's something wrong with the code, it keep print wrong results. #include <iostream> #include <cmath> using namespace std; int main() { do...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks. (by code writer)
by Haziq
withdraw problem

What am i doing wrong? I tried to withdraw 1.40 but it works well on 50c but not on the rest of it.. I really appreciate your help :D #include <iostream...
[6 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <cstdlib> //system("cl... (by Haziq)
by petroo
Remove/Overwrite padding - BMP

I don't know how to overwrite the padding from a BMP image.I need to replace the pixels that are not white with a given color from output. I'd like solutions wh...
[19 replies] Last: You're welcome. But I noticed a small issue with my code. It modifies ... (by Chervil)
Why do we use a reference in the catch statement?

Why do we use a reference in the catch statement? Down below where it says catch(MyException &e) . What is the point of using the reference? I've found that...
[4 replies] Last: The higher-level exception handler may in fact expect the exception to... (by Cubbi)
Which type for characters?

I'd like to program a very primitive program in which you input a name and it controls whether this name is in the library or not. If yes it shoud output Hello ...
[10 replies] Last: ok (by crazyjoshua27)
counting spaces

Hello. I am trying to write a code for counting number of spaces in the massive. And suddenly it doesnt work. It is always 0 in output no matter what I have wro...
[1 reply] : I would recommend using strings. However, if you must use the C-string... (by chicofeo)
QT for OS programming

Hello everyone and Merry late Christmas! So I have some beginner questions. First, I'm learning c++ in order to reach my goal of being a programmer on a ...
[4 replies] Last: I highly doubt there's an entry level job in that category. That is... (by admkrk)
Another 'operator' error!

Hi, Forum! I need some help on my calculator once again. I'm working on my addition, but keep getting lots of errors. Here's the header code for addition: ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, Chervil! (by JoorDovah)
by Tores1
reading from csv file

Hi forum I need help with reading from csv file.I have csv with content like this 1;Peter;230 5;Merrick;255 6;Lucky;430 So and I need save this strin...
[2 replies] Last: I'm not sure that a single array of strings is the best choice. You mi... (by Chervil)
Loop continues when writing multiple numbers or chars

Greetings everyone! I'm trying to create a text based game, and I have tried to create a menu with a switch statement, and a while loop.When I type 1 of the ...
[5 replies] Last: The problem is now solved, I needed to clear the cin and use the cin.i... (by Gulogomi)
no match for 'operator==' in 'operation == addition'?

I am creating a simple calculator with all operations, but it's not working! Here is my code: //The Calculator #include <iostream> #include <string> #...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks, Tarik! (by JoorDovah)
by maykh
I need help with deleting elements from array

i have a struct array and it contains students first and last names how do i go about deleting one student from my array. I'm not entirely sure how to do th...
[1 reply] : Please note that this is a case where an array is a bad choice for the... (by dhayden)
December 2015 Pages: 12345... 43
  Archived months: [nov2015] [jan2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.